The Queen of the South thread

For me, Mark literally has put his money (and time) where his mouth is. Yes, he also often had his foot in there as well ...

We're all entitled to our opinion, but I think a club in profit AND a unbelievable playing season shouts louder than anything he's done or said that I disagree with.

Excellent news re Mark Blount.

What he did do was help get the club back on an even keel thankfully,because Before his arrival we were in a bit if bother.

He did what he was brought in to the club to do, Billy knew what he was all about. He wasn't brought in too make friends that's why it was only a 2 year placement. Took the flak for the board which benefited Queen of the South.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Robertson was the right person at the right time to sort out the mess that was Qos Fc. He will leave soon having done the much needed ugly stuff that was required. Mark Blount , a lifelong fan, can hopefully be a more popular director and continue the progress the club have been making.

2 main things the board have done which they should take credit for is keeping us full time and appointing Johnston and Clark.

Robertson did his job and I wish him all the best but I'm glad about his replacement.

For the Challenge cup final there are still 5 or 6 seats available on the castle douglas bus. Will leave from Castle Douglas and be able to pick up at Lochar Inn in Dumfries. For more details/ books please contact Ian Heuchan on: 07918686137

Guest Flash

Dont think he will get a start at the final now, surely if he was to get a starting eleven place he would have been introduced into the team over the next few weeks to get familiar with the players.

Johnston's main priority is winning the league. He won't want to disrupt anything by pissing about with team selections unless and until the league is won. I appreciate that some fans think it is already won, but AJ is too professional, too intelligent and too knowledgeable about football to think like a fan.

Do you not think it is a bit of a coincidence that Black has been sent out on a month's loan a month before the Final? Why else do you think AJ wants him to get games?

Yes, Johnston will want to win the Diddy Cup, but the number one priority is to get the league won. The Diddy Cup will be a very distant second to that.

What game is looking like the title decider now?

It looks likely to me to be Alloa or Brechin away. I can't see Brechin getting maximum points from all their games over the next 2 or 3 weeks, not because I think they're not good enough, but because of their punishing schedule for a part time side. Only thing that might delay a title clinching date is if Brechin have anymore home games postponed which is a distinct possibility.

If i can count (which is debatable) you are currently 13 points away from winning the league.

Looking at the fixtures of yourselves and Brechin i would imagine you would win the league against them, either midweek or at your place on the Saturday.

It looks likely to me to be Alloa or Brechin away. I can't see Brechin getting maximum points from all their games over the next 2 or 3 weeks, not because I think they're not good enough, but because of their punishing schedule for a part time side. Only thing that might delay a title clinching date is if Brechin have anymore home games postponed which is a distinct possibility.

It's still technically possible to win the league at Arbroath but that would need us to win both the Ayr and Arbroath games (taking us to 75 points), Alloa and Brechin to draw head to head on that day, Alloa to lose or draw with Stenny this coming weekend (so Alloa's maximum points would be 74 or 73), and Brechin would need to get no more than one point from their other two games v Forfar and Albion Rovers (so their maximum points would 74).

This is a long shot and will be removed as a possibility if either Alloa or Brechin win on Saturday or we don't.

Next possibility, if Alloa do draw both their games and Brechin don't win both, is that we win it without playing midweek on Tuesday 19th if Brechin fail to beat Stranraer. I certainly hope that doesn't happen.

That would then suggest Alloa away on 23rd March is more likely and that game is followed by two successive games against Brechin. The likelihood is if we win any of those three matches it will be the one that clinches it. Lose them and it could easily either go to beyond the Cup Final or be won whilst we don't play because of the cup final. It will be clearer after this weekend and clearer again after Brechin play in midweek again next week.

Guest Flash

If i can count (which is debatable) you are currently 13 points away from winning the league.

Looking at the fixtures of yourselves and Brechin i would imagine you would win the league against them, either midweek or at your place on the Saturday.

Without relying on Brechin or Alloa dropping any points elsewhere, we would only need 9 points if they came in beating Alloa, then Brechin in both games against them.

Probably pretty unlikely that we will win all three of those, but they would guarantee 9 points being enough even if we lost every other game and Brechin and Alloa won all theirs. Indeed, if we beat Brechin home and away, a point v Alloa might be enough, but then it would potentially go down to goal difference.

The max points Brechin can get is 81 so if we win our games against Ayr Arbroath and Alloa we will be on 80 points, so if Brechin win there game up until then, then we will win the league away to Brechin midweek if we beat them.