The Queen of the South thread

exactly, only FT in the league, got to cup final by beating only 1 proper 1st division team (Dumbarton weren't that good at that stage of the season) Flukey cup wins and Lets the assistant pick his son over Gavin Reilly. . Absolutely no reason to have him as a manager :P

Couldn't agree with you more ;)

Johnstone will stay at Queens to win a title/trophy at the end of the season. Because!!!!!

He under acheived as a player (he won he-haw), Runners up only.

" As Brucie says you don't get in this game for a pair." :whistle

Couldn't agree with you more ;)

Johnstone will stay at Queens to win a title/trophy at the end of the season. Because!!!!!

He under acheived as a player (he won he-haw), Runners up only.

" As Brucie says you don't get in this game for a pair." :whistle

:wacko:

Aye very good, hit the booze early this weekend? Most footballers would give their right foot to have achieved what Johnston did in his career. His managerial one has only just begun.

:wacko:

Aye very good, hit the booze early this weekend? Most footballers would give their right foot to have achieved what Johnston did in his career. His managerial one has only just begun.

That's what was wrong he only had one foot. Two number signing on fees £1m+.

Then he had more Frees than the Church of Scotland.

Don't drink!!! But heres my chant.

Thistle don't want him, don't shit your pants.

There's only one magic Johnsone and that is Mo.

That's what was wrong he only had one foot. Two number signing on fees £1m+.

Then he had more Frees than the Church of Scotland.

Don't drink!!! But heres my chant.

Thistle don't want him, don't shit your pants.

There's only one magic Johnsone and that is Mo.

Want another go at trying to get his name right?

I realise you're new to this, don't worry you'll get the hang of it soon. :lol:

Want another go at trying to get his name right?

I realise you're new to this, don't worry you'll get the hang of it soon. :lol:

Not really he's a guy that scored a good goal against Rangers, big deal. P.S I've got a lisp.

Why would he go to Thistle ? Lets be honest hardly a great jump from queens. I think the momentum has been lost at Firhill losing McNamara and we will be playing them next season.

Have you taken in any of our games?

The only JUMP you will know, is on the jukebox in the new Bizarre.

The only part of your post that is relitive is joing the first division.

And having 3-400 partick fans eating your shity chips because you cant cater for a big crowd.

Looking forward to coming next year. Great wee Stadium.

Magic said in the local press after Saturday's game that he's staying with Queens.

The Standard never gets it wrong ...

Didn't see it in The Galloway news, 2 wrongs don't make a right. And one swallow doesn't make a summer.

Some incredible stats this season. In season 2001-2002 we gained our record points haul of 67 (3 points for a win of course, not sure how this compares with seasons when it was 2 points for a win). That season we scored 64 league goals and won 20 games.

This season with only 2 thirds of the league season gone we already have 63 points and 63 goals, and already have 20 wins under our belts. It's certainly going to be a record breaking season for us now.

Edited to add that under 3 points for a win our record from 85-86 would equate to 78 points so a way to go yet, we won 23 games that season. It would be nice to shatter these records this season.

Edited by Ghost of Harkness

The highest number of wins in a season I can find is 61/62 which was 24 from 36 games.

This was a win rate of 67%.

In 50/51 although we only won 21, this was from a total of 30 which is a win rate of 70%.

Using 3 points for a win, the 85/86 total of 78 is the highest, but that was from 39 games - an average of 2 points per game.

In 61/62 the total of 77 points would be from 36 games - an average of 2.14 per game.

Again 50/51 total of 66 produces an average of 2.2 per game.

So far, this season the win rate is 83%.

And the points per game averages 2.63

Gretna won the 2nd Division with 88 points (28 wins, 4 draws, 4 defeats). So we need 26 more points to beat that. Going by the average Flash calculated above it is not only achievable, but would smash it giving us 94 points (rounded down).

Edited to add: Gretna's record was for the Third Division, 98 points. To beat that we would need to win all our remaining games which would take us to 99 points. I'm afraid I can't see us doing that with trips to Alloa and Brechin still to come.

Incredibly Gretna scored 130 league goals that season and finished with a goal difference of +101. Despite the resources they had available to them, it makes Rangers attempt look poor this season.

Edited by Ghost of Harkness