The Queen of the South thread

I disagree. I've moaned enough about the Rangers vote, but his regurgitated claims that the board acted in the club's and the game's interests simply don't stand up.

Even if we charitably leave this aside however, I've no idea why he uses his benevolent Christmas address as a platform to aim an attack at certain fans and their apparent agenda.

You might argue that the board are entitled to defend themselves, and over the Alloa postponement, they might even have a case. Doing so in this way just betrays a lack of class however, and it's becoming a defining characteristic of this board and how it behaves.

I concur. The latest pronouncement by Robertson was completely unnecessary, crass and quite frankly embarrassing.

Two Queens under 19s Craig Neil and Aaron Splaine have been selected for Scottish Schools under 18s. Great news for them and for me personally I can say I had Craig in my back pocket the only time I ever played him in an 11 a side game. Nice guy as well.

I concur. The latest pronouncement by Robertson was completely unnecessary, crass and quite frankly embarrassing.

Didn't QoS hire a PR Manager? I thought that appointment might have avoided these type of situations. Does anyone proof read/validate anything Robertson writes or is it just posted onto the Official site at his say so?

I congratulate Robertson and the Board on their business expertise in turning round the financial fortunes at the Club but he really needs to leave the public relations side to someone who has more tact than a bull in a china shop.

From the official site

The club are saddened to confirm the death of Jim Patterson, all time top goalscorer with 251 goals. Jim passed away at the weekend. His funeral service will take place on Monday 24th December at Midday and thereafter at the High Cemetery.

The word "legend" is used too freely in football these days but Jim Patterson truly was one with Queen of the South. He was an inaugural inductee in the club Hall of Fame in 2011. A fine article on his career can be found here www.qosfc.com/new_legendsview.aspx

We pass on our condolences to his family and friends. Rest in Peace `Big Jim`

Terrible news, one of our true club legends. RIP

Edited by Sloop John B

Does anybody know if the club shop will be open this Saturday December 22nd?

It isn't open so far as I am aware. I've spoken to John Paterson who manages it and he's actually away on Saturday so can't open it and isn't conscious that anyone else is either.

Any last minute things, the shop can be accessed by calling at the Palmerston office 9am - 3pm tomorrow or Friday and, so far as I know, at least until lunchtime on Xmas Eve.

It isn't open so far as I am aware. I've spoken to John Paterson who manages it and he's actually away on Saturday so can't open it and isn't conscious that anyone else is either.

Any last minute things, the shop can be accessed by calling at the Palmerston office 9am - 3pm tomorrow or Friday and, so far as I know, at least until lunchtime on Xmas Eve.

Yeah I popped in yesterday. Unfortunately they didn't have everything I was after and won't have until after Christmas, but I did leave it a bit late.

Nice wee item on Border News tonight where Allan Johnston and a few players and Dougie were interviewed up at the childrens ward at DGRI. A nice touch - we are quick to critise but credit where credit is due to Queens players and staff (and Border TV or whatever it is called nowadays)

Guest TOPFITTER

Queens are moving in the right direction on and off the field and are getting good positive vibes from the local community a BIG WELL DONE to all involved at Palmerston.

and following on from that ;

The Winter Edition of the Junior Blue's Magazine, "BLUE & WHTE is ready for collection from the Club Office / Shop.

Features Include ;

Win a signed Queen of the South Football.

MAGIC MOMENTS.

Articles from, Gavin Reilly, Kevin Holt and Patrick Slattery.

Crawford and Andrew reveal their roles.

Win ; A signed Team Photo from Queen of the South.

Recent Junior Blue training session with Wullie and Patrick.

Palmerston Paintings.

For those who need it posted out see link below,

http://www.qosfc.com...spx?newsid=1554

Speaking to Mark Robertson last night. Durnan and Mitchell on the verge of signing new deals, nobody expected to leave at Christmas although he thinks a few will go in the summer

He also appreciated me telling him, that I used to think he was tosser, but he's 'not bad' now!