The Queen of the South thread

No , I should have put it a bit clearer. I meant that others could be demanding too much of said nominated person and putting undue pressure on them on them to deliver .

It was clear enough JR, I get your point, but it is so wrong and certainly not a reason to not have a fans' representative on the board. A strong person would have to be identified, but there are plenty amongst the main supporters organisations that are more than capable of such a role. The expectations of the person would be made clear, and at the end of the day I would not expect them to have any more of a tougher job than any other director of the club. Difficult questions goes with the role, anyone who thinks the role would be too much pressure would surely not volunteer to be considered?

Just want to say what a brilliant signing Derek Young has been by AJ. Yesterday, he was fully commited into every tackle and header , driving us on when we were sliding a bit . I had my doubts at first because Morton fans told us how bad he was but they have evaporated . Think its fair to say that he is enjoying his football and getting a new lease of life .

No , I should have put it a bit clearer. I meant that others could be demanding too much of said nominated person and putting undue pressure on them on them to deliver .

That is an argument for the person concerned resigning if it happens. It isn't an argument for not trying the idea in the first place.

Just want to say what a brilliant signing Derek Young has been by AJ. Yesterday, he was fully commited into every tackle and header , driving us on when we were sliding a bit . I had my doubts at first because Morton fans told us how bad he was but they have evaporated . Think its fair to say that he is enjoying his football and getting a new lease of life .

Agreed.

It is a picture of Davie Rae celebrating behind the goal after the Dundee game, with the McCann goal merged into the background of the main picture. The stand is in relation to Rae being behind the goal, not in relation to the actual goal being scored.

Not making sense of what you're saying here!

Guest TOPFITTER

MEET THE MANAGER QUESTIONS.

Queens Trust, welcome questions for their upcoming Meet The Manager Night. Present at the Top table asnswering your queries will be,

Allan Johnston, Manager.

Sandy Clark, Assistant Manager.

Crawford Quinn, Physiotherapist.

Andrew Leishman, Sports Scientist.

The Queens Trust is looking for questions, general or specific regarding Queen of The South or football to put to the Guest Speakers between questions from the floor.

Please email your question-point of interest to topfitter01@gmail.com before 28-10-2012.

many thanks,

Queens Trust.

There are still tickets available for the Meet The Manager Night on 28-10-2012. Children are welcome. Tickets from Queen Of The South office or committee members. For more information contact Andy on topfitter01@gmail.com or 07762628405.

Questions for the night still welcomed.

Edited by TOPFITTER

Guest TOPFITTER

HALF-TIME ENTERTAINMENT versus STENHOUSEMUIR

Tommorow's Half-Time Entertainment will be a Penalty Shoot-Out.

Fans of Queen of the South FC and Stenhousemuir FC will be involved in a Penalt -Shoot-Out. Fans of both Clubs interested in taking part should contact Andy on 07762628405 or by email to topfitter01@gmail.com

Many thanks,

Queens Trust.

Well done to Magic, fully deserved.

Very well done also to Billy Hewitson and his board for turning our perilous financial situation into a profit. The fans know better though eh!

With certain things, yes, some of them do. And it was the fans who were out with the buckets and doing other fund raising activities during the said perilous financial situation. Caused by, eh, the board.

It isn't exactly rocket science to know to cut costs when you are overspending.

And if the board were that good at their job, they would have got shot of Gus when it was obvious he was leading us to relegation. And playing the most turgid "football" in the process. Instead, when bottom of the league in February, they offered him a contract extension.

We might still have been in the First had we got rid of him in January.

Yes, the board have made some good decisions, but they have also made some bad mistakes. So apologies if I don't join in with the back slapping just yet.

Edited by Flash

Guest TOPFITTER

HALF-TIME ENTERTAINMENT versus STENHOUSEMUIR

Tommorow's Half-Time Entertainment will be a Penalty Shoot-Out.

Fans of Queen of the South FC and Stenhousemuir FC will be involved in a Penalt -Shoot-Out. Fans of both Clubs interested in taking part should contact Andy on 07762628405 or by email to topfitter01@gmail.com

Many thanks,

Queens Trust.

Be nice if we can have one of the "YOUNG TEAM" from the New Stand to take part in the penalty shoot-out.bigsmile.gif

Guest TOPFITTER

MEET THE MANAGER QUESTIONS.

Queens Trust welcome questions for their upcoming Meet The Manager Night. Present at the Top table answering your queries will be,

Allan Johnston, Manager.

Sandy Clark, Assistant Manager.

Crawford Quinn, Physiotherapist.

Andrew Leishman, Sports Scientist.

The Queens Trust is looking for questions, general or specific regarding

Queen of The South or football to put to the Guest Speakers between questions from the floor.

Please email your question-point of interest to topfitter01@gmail.com before 28-10-2012.

many thanks,

Queens Trust.

TICKETS priced £3 available from the CLUB SHOP at Palmerston from tommorow 20-10-2012, includes a half-time pie.

shhhh cammy , better bankrupt with morality remember . Ok, please don't bite , only a little tease .

Once again JR you have to have a dig at your fellow supporters with a subject the majority are trying to forget about and move on.Perhaps if you were involved in the club as much as the fans concerned you would feel the same.As most have said stop bringing up the subject.

Once again JR you have to have a dig at your fellow supporters with a subject the majority are trying to forget about and move on.Perhaps if you were involved in the club as much as the fans concerned you would feel the same.As most have said stop bringing up the subject.

He's a plonker mate. <_<