The Queen of the South thread

Was it not 4-1? We could potentially have sealed promotion that day, but it just didn't happen as we turned in a really crappy performance - fortunately our last one of the season.

Ah, the beer and sunshine must have got the better of me, as I can only remember the three Alloa goals.

Guest TOPFITTER

LAST CHANCE QUEENS FANS

Tommy Jardine the popular WestSound Radio presenter and Cash For Kids Fundraiser has been in touch with Queens Trust to offer Queen Of The South fans the following chance.

Through Queens Trust Tommy has 2 Season Tickets he has been donated to AUCTION, the monies raised to be shared between Cash For Kids and Queens Trust.

There will be a reserve of £100 on both tickets and one reserve has already been met. 15 matches remain in the league campaign and Tommy and the Trust were hoping they could attract bids of around £150 per ticket, that would work out at £10 a game a saving of £5 a game on the walk up price!

Given the Start Queen Of The South have had to the season and the attractive, attacking football on show this is an offer that should tempt the FAN and Aid, Cash For Kids and your Trust.

Offers to ; A Cochrane on 07762628405 or topfitter01@gmail.com] o rtopfitter01@msn.com] ]

Auction closes 12.00hrs 28-09-2012.

Best of luck and Happy Bidding !!!

Given QUEENS, OUTSTANDING result at Ibrox and the team's form, surely this auction should be even more attractive, come on join in an historic season, have a bid !!!!

Well only one day to go folks untill the end of the auction. Queens are in great form and playing exciting attractive football, ask Rangers, Hibs and Dundee Utd !!!!! So dig deep, Support Queen Of The South,Help the Trust and give Cash For Kids a boost, be lucky !!!

link ; http://www.saveoursouth.co.uk/node/257

Think we should use some of the windfall cup money to buy some new bulbs for the floodlights. Noticed a few were out on Tuesday.

Sky won't be too happy if there are problems with light levels for the Victory Shield game in October. And if they have any problems, it could affect future decisions over which Cup game to televise.

Think we should use some of the windfall cup money to buy some new bulbs for the floodlights. Noticed a few were out on Tuesday.

Sky won't be too happy if there are problems with light levels for the Victory Shield game in October. And if they have any problems, it could affect future decisions over which Cup game to televise.

Watt ?

How wonderfully convenient for me, Is it the Athletics stadium we're playing at? or do they have their own ground?

Yeah Meadowbank stadium. The former home of the now defunct Meadowbank Thistle. They've played there for a number of years now. Quite possibly the worst place to watch football ever! Although I have fond memories of it as it was my first Queens away day and they won. :)

Yeah Meadowbank stadium. The former home of the now defunct Meadowbank Thistle. They've played there for a number of years now. Quite possibly the worst place to watch football ever! Although I have fond memories of it as it was my first Queens away day and they won. :)

Dinnae be sae bloody daft, "the now defuct Maedowbank Thistle" only moved along the road tae Livingston and changed their name tae git a free stadium frae the local cooncil ye silly bugger.

Edited by Truthhurts

When was the last time we played at Meadowbank and have we ever played Edinburgh City?

The answer to the first is easy. Our last game at Meadowbank Stadium was on 4th February 1995 when we beat Meadowbank Thistle 2-1 in the season before they moved to Livingston. Duncan Campbell and Tommy Bryce scored our goals. Colin Harris scored for Meadowbank.

The answer to the second is debatable. We have played AN Edinburgh City but whether it's technically THIS one is up to the individual to decide. Edinburgh City were members of the 2nd Division of the SFL along with us in 1931/32 and 1932/33. We played them home and away in each season, winning all four games. 5-4 and 4-1 at Palmerston and 8-4 and 2-1 in Edinburgh. We also played them in the Scottish Cup in January 1934 at Palmerston and won that one 5-2.

However, that Edinburgh City went out of business in 1955, although the affiliated Social Club continued to trade under the name Edinburgh City. In 1986, more than 30 years later, an entirely different club called Postal United, who had been formed in 1966, were given permission to change their name to Edinburgh City by the Social Club and it is that club we now face.

Personally I think I'd count it as a different club. I've no idea if the club themselves claim the history of the previous club or not though. Anyone know?

EDITED - As far as I know Meadowbank is still grass? :unsure: It was the last time I was there anyway but that was a long time ago. Wiki says it's grass. Meadowbank Sports Centre next door has an artificial surface but that's a different place.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Yeah Meadowbank stadium. The former home of the now defunct Meadowbank Thistle. They've played there for a number of years now. Quite possibly the worst place to watch football ever!

This.

I recall a game at Meadowbank early/mid 90s, finished 0-0. Chucked it down and we were soaked because the stand was out of bounds due to a cat show?!

October 9 1993. We were top and they were second. It was the reconstruction season which resulted in the Third Division being formed.

Little question for the statto's . What was significant about a slight 1-0 Queens win over East Stirling in September 79 ?

Was it the first away league win in 30 games going back to December 1977?

Little question for the statto's . What was significant about a slight 1-0 Queens win over East Stirling in September 79 ?

That's the game Allan Ball scored directly from a corner kick.