The Queen of the South thread

Have gave it a bit of thought and yes , I have been OTT in my spat with Flash , one that carried over from an earlier one . Certainly was not in my mind to cause real offence or want someone to dislike me intensely . Monkey Tennis was right in saying different characters make sites interesting and I would say that the Qos posters are quite diverse in their approach . His different approach to mine made me grate him but now realise it was wrong . There are good quality Qos posters on here and that includes Flash most definitely . I apologise and won't dig at you again. Love live diversity , let the debate begin . Happy Clappers , realists , statiticians ,glass nearly empty ones et all

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Monkey Tennis was right in saying different characters make sites interesting and I would say that the Qos posters are quite diverse in their approach . His different approach to mine made me grate him but now realise it was wrong . There are good quality Qos posters on here and that includes Flash and Truthhurts most definitely . I apologise and won't dig at you again. Love live diversity , let the debate begin . Happy Clappers , realists , statiticians ,glass nearly empty ones et all

Always look on the bright side son!! :ph34r:

Always look on the bright side son!! :ph34r:

I am and with good reason . This is the best start I can remember for ages . Plenty of attacking options , good defenders , an agile goalkeeper and our rock McKenna underpinning it all. Plenty of evidence for looking on the brighter side of things . Long may it continue ! Mr X , when was the last time we won the opening four games albeit only one in the league ? Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Guest TOPFITTER

For the Queens fans attending or interested, those players supporting the event and expected to be there are, Wullie Gibson, Gavin Reilly, Steven Black and Patrick Slattery, Kevin Holt will try and make itif circumstances allow.Queens Trust thanks the players in advance for their support.

You know you want to

Just a bump back up top, only two days to go topfitter01@gmail.com or 07762628405 to contact for tickets.

Help Your Trust Help Your Club and YOUR COMMUNITY.

QUEENS TRUST BAND NIGHT

Queens Trust are happy to announce their forthcoming Band Night.

On 18th August, 2012 at Locharbriggs Community Centre, we will be entertained by HEART Of RUST and WAY UP.

Heart of Rust are a well known Neil Young / Crazy Horse tribute act and Way Up are a Progressive / Psychedelic / Rock band.

Doors open at 8pm - till late and cost £5. A bar service will be available and we expect the tickets to sell out fast. We expect the available number of tickets to be 200.

Heart of Rust previous promotional poster,

Heart%20of%20Rust_0.jpg

Way Up

WAY%20up_0.jpg

Edited by TOPFITTER

Guest TOPFITTER

SEASON TICKET AUCTION

The QUEENS TRUST have very kindly been given a Season-Ticket (for this season) at Palmerston to raise funds. We have decided to Auction this ticket and the auction will close at 7pm this Friday the 24th August 2012.

If you wish to make an offer email topfitter01@gamail.com or telephone 07762628405.

We have a starting bid of £200.

Best of luck,

Andrew Cochrane.

Guest TOPFITTER

The TRUST thanks...

On behalf of the QUEENS TRUST we would like to thank; the two excellent bands who set out an evening of inexpensive entertainment for our pleasure. 4/5 of the full HEART OF RUST band played two sets comprising of both acoustic and electric Neil Young-penned songs whilst Dumfries's answer to the Commitments,WAY-UP, churned out a 40 minute blues set (as in the music term of blues for the blues!! the 5 Rusties (a term given to serious Neil Young enthusiasts) who had travelled from Weford, Southern Ireland and Fleetwood, Lancashire to Dumfries especially to see the band after seeing them at the SOL (Summer of Love)Festival - certainly somewhat more intimate than the £110, 20,000 Kent experience I would think, the 5 Queen Of The South players -Steven Black, Wullie Gibson, Kevin Holt, Gavin Reilly and Patrick Slattery (NB in alphabetical order) who gave a part of their evening's entertainment to support the fans support their club the two Junior Blues who also made the effort to support the event even though the music was created and from a time before their very own mum and dad were born!- the four Trust Committee members that gave up a Saturday night's frivolity to experience an "alternative" music culture - to both the Acting Chairman and the one half of the Junior Blues Editorial Team who ably-assisted in organising the event, setting up the hall and ensuring the band sound-check went smoothly while the others experience the joys of sunny Methyl.- also to Stavaigin' and another New Bazaar member who paid for their tickets "for the cause" even though family commitments meant they could not come and appreciate their favourite singer's tribute.AND despite a lack of support all costs were covered with (a very small) surplus so we can sadly conclude that those not attending simply missed an opportunity to witness two very professional, (QUEEN Of THE SOUTH supporting) bands at a very reasonable price.

The TRUST TEAM.

The TRUST thanks...

On behalf of the QUEENS TRUST we would like to thank; the two excellent bands who set out an evening of inexpensive entertainment for our pleasure. 4/5 of the full HEART OF RUST band played two sets comprising of both acoustic and electric Neil Young-penned songs whilst Dumfries's answer to the Commitments,WAY-UP, churned out a 40 minute blues set (as in the music term of blues for the blues!! the 5 Rusties (a term given to serious Neil Young enthusiasts) who had travelled from Weford, Southern Ireland and Fleetwood, Lancashire to Dumfries especially to see the band after seeing them at the SOL (Summer of Love)Festival - certainly somewhat more intimate than the £110, 20,000 Kent experience I would think, the 5 Queen Of The South players -Steven Black, Wullie Gibson, Kevin Holt, Gavin Reilly and Patrick Slattery (NB in alphabetical order) who gave a part of their evening's entertainment to support the fans support their club the two Junior Blues who also made the effort to support the event even though the music was created and from a time before their very own mum and dad were born!- the four Trust Committee members that gave up a Saturday night's frivolity to experience an "alternative" music culture - to both the Acting Chairman and the one half of the Junior Blues Editorial Team who ably-assisted in organising the event, setting up the hall and ensuring the band sound-check went smoothly while the others experience the joys of sunny Methyl.- also to Stavaigin' and another New Bazaar member who paid for their tickets "for the cause" even though family commitments meant they could not come and appreciate their favourite singer's tribute.AND despite a lack of support all costs were covered with (a very small) surplus so we can sadly conclude that those not attending simply missed an opportunity to witness two very professional, (QUEEN Of THE SOUTH supporting) bands at a very reasonable price.

The TRUST TEAM.

Just heard wee Bill has decided to call it a day as a Trust committee member also .

Real shame as he's a smashing lad .

Is there anyone left :(

SEASON TICKET AUCTION

The QUEENS TRUST have very kindly been given a Season-Ticket (for this season) at Palmerston to raise funds. We have decided to Auction this ticket and the auction will close at 7pm this Friday the 24th August 2012.

If you wish to make an offer email topfitter01@gamail.com or telephone 07762628405.

We have a starting bid of £200.

Best of luck,

Andrew Cochrane.

Who won the 2 you were raffling off to Trust members ??

Guest TOPFITTER

Who won the 2 you were raffling off to Trust members ??

AGM - SEASON TICKET DRAW

Submitted by topfitter on August 20, 2012 - 19:35 At this Fridays' AGM we will be drawing the lucky names for 1 Adult Season Ticket and 2 Concession Season Tickets. These tickets come from our Shirt Sponsorship Entries.

Apologies for not making this clear sooner.

Trust Team.

Hope this clears things up, sorry for any confusion :(

Ola friends, just been reminded about this, but last game of the season you guys had an official photographer (guy in his 50's if I drunkenly remember rightly) who got lots of photos of us (conga and all). We met him in the town later, where he took more photos of us, and he offered to send the photos on to us all. For ease, I gave him my business card but have never heard anything from him since. Would any of you guys know who this bloke is (or maybe even be this bloke)? Just a pity we never got to see any of the photos ourselves.

I am 99 per cent sure that I know who you mean . Very likely to be the moderator on Qos Mad as he takes countless photos of most home games . Will see him on Saturday no doubt .

Cheers, I've dropped an e-mail to the site admin. Is he the same bloke that has the Queens Mad twitter account?