The Queen of the South thread

Can I ask the question then, do you think Nicky would have been offered a new contract if his father hadn't joined the management staff?

Thats the exact same question :lol:

Let me ask you a question. If you had just taken up your first management post, were working on a limited budget, expected to win the league and knowing that failure may well be the end of your managerial career, would you waste a wage and squad place just to give your mates son a job?

I may be mistaken, but was Nicky not signed up before Sandy came in?

No, just over a week later. He may well have been offered a contract before Sandy came on board, I have no idea.

Thats the exact same question :lol:

Let me ask you a question. If you had just taken up your first management post, were working on a limited budget, expected to win the league and knowing that failure may well be the end of your managerial career, would you waste a wage and squad place just to give your mates son a job?

No, just over a week later. He may well have been offered a contract before Sandy came on board, I have no idea.

No would be my answer to that. I think we'll have to agree to dis-agree on this topic.

I hope we go on and do well in all the cups, win the league and the area will be better for it and if at the end of the season Nicky has scored a barrow full of goals 'll be the first to come on here and hold my hands up.

Not too sure on Young, never been that impressed when I've seen him but still, will give him a chance. I actually think Lyle could be a good signing. He looks stronger than last time round, he's obviously more experienced. I think he could be good for the team, not necessarily as a goalscorer.

As far as Clark is concerned I don't think he is as bad as some make out. He is still very young and could improve as time goes by. I have been watching Queens for a long time and often a young guy comes in and you think " where did they get that numptie? " but after a year two develop into a stalwart for the club. Crawford Boyd springs to mind and there have been others.

No would be my answer to that. I think we'll have to agree to dis-agree on this topic.

I hope we go on and do well in all the cups, win the league and the area will be better for it and if at the end of the season Nicky has scored a barrow full of goals 'll be the first to come on here and hold my hands up.

Why would we agree to disagree when you've just agreed with me? :lol:

As far as Clark is concerned I don't think he is as bad as some make out. He is still very young and could improve as time goes by. I have been watching Queens for a long time and often a young guy comes in and you think " where did they get that numptie? " but after a year two develop into a stalwart for the club. Crawford Boyd springs to mind and there have been others.

Or more recently, bob harris and craig reid.

Why would we agree to disagree when you've just agreed with me? :lol:

Where have I agreed with you?

I said No I wouldn’t have signed Clark and that I hope we do well this season. Based

on what I’ve seen so far of him I personally don’t think he’ll score a “barrow

full”

Where have I agreed with you?

I said No I wouldn't have signed Clark and that I hope we do well this season. Based

on what I've seen so far of him I personally don't think he'll score a "barrow

full"

You agreed that in the manager's shoes, you wouldn't sign a player just to keep your assistant sweet. The implication is that Johnston probably wouldn't either.

On the subject of players who developed after poor starts, Craig Reid certainly fits the bill. When he did get chances, he really struggled, costing us a goal in Denmark and usually looking out of his depth. Overnight though, something seemed to click and he became easily our best defender. Another example from further back would be Graeme Robertson.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Three goals in two games for the much maligned Clark. Is this a sign of things to come?

Still, 5-2 against a possible title contender certainly lays down a marker for the season to come.

Use were Flattered by the scoreline, wasn't much between the 2 sides, yes u were sharper but u r still a full time team, an Harding 2 mistakes had u on easy street, but we will learn from our mistakes an push on from here, all the best for the next round!!

Use were Flattered by the scoreline, wasn't much between the 2 sides, yes u were sharper but u r still a full time team, an Harding 2 mistakes had u on easy street, but we will learn from our mistakes an push on from here, all the best for the next round!!

Were you warching same game as me mate. Should have been 3 nil at half time. and 8 at full time. 2 cleared off the line

Great performance thought mitchell was top notch today,the boy can deliver a ball, and dan orsi played well too. Delighted for nicky clark hopefully this season he will be slotting more goals in. Happy days. Should be good when we have smith carmichael and gibson to come back into the team too!