The Queen of the South thread

Guest Flash

To say that the club is not tarnished by this is the same as saying Rangers Newco should be playing in the SPL because it wasn't the club that did wrong, it was a few board members.

Why should the Rangers fans be punished for the actions of those in charge at Ibrox?

Craig Reid signs for us, thoughts guys?

Good player. He can play at centre half and right back but his best position is at sweeper if you play a 3-5-2. No slouch for a defender, likes to get forward when played at right back but lacks composure on the ball. He'll do a good job at centre half even if he's not the tallest defender to play that position.

I feel hellish, deeply disillusioned and absolutely scunnered but am trying (and failing, no doubt) to maintain a sense of perspective. The vast majority of Queens fans are probably experiencing similar emotions. What we all have in common is the love of our great football club. Think of Allan Johnston, the young players coming through and all the sacrifices you have made to support Queens. I cannot give up on all that because of the actions of temporary custodians of my club.

You sum up my feelings exactly.

I feel hellish, deeply disillusioned and absolutely scunnered but am trying (and failing, no doubt) to maintain a sense of perspective. The vast majority of Queens fans are probably experiencing similar emotions. What we all have in common is the love of our great football club. Think of Allan Johnston, the young players coming through and all the sacrifices you have made to support Queens. I cannot give up on all that because of the actions of temporary custodians of my club.

Yep, that pretty much sums it up for me. QOS are my team, always have been always will be. I feel hugely let down by our current board and am deeply embarrassed by the voting stance taken. I've always been proud to let people know that I support QOS. Sadly I don't feel that pride today.

To say I'm disgusted with the BoDs would be an understatement. For years, I have been proud to call myself a QoS fan, until yesterday. I am ashamed. It fills me with sadness, the effect that this astonishing decision will have on my club. Fans from other clubs have now decided not to come to away games at Palmerston Park, and who can blame them? Our own fans are now turning away. Does the BoDs not see that this will affect the club more so that the prospect of the newco in division 3 that now faces us?

They are on note as stating that they would listen to the fans and do what was in the interests of our club. They have done neither. We have been ignored and as a result, our club will suffer. They have put our club at great risk and have tarnished the good name of Queen of the South FC.

I agree with the majority but this situation should never have come about. Why should rules be changed because of a big club? Nobody shed any tears when Gretna went to the wall and Rangers have gone now so how can they play anywhere but the 3rd division.

If clubs can't survive without TV money or Old Firm gate money then that's their problem, they need their own fans to attend or they may as well chuck it.

At the end of the day it was a vote that reached the outcome that most people wanted. So hopefully folk will get over their disappointment sooner, rather later.

It would be good if we can channel the same overwhelming pressure (that was exerted by fans of all clubs), into the reconstruction of football in Scotland. We need to keep this going rather than getting hung up on the negatives of who voted for and against the Newco. Reconstruction needs to be kept on the agenda and that requires everyone to be focused.

Edited by qos_75

Totally devastated with the way our beloved clubs board voted yesterday.Wish I was good with words like SD or Eugene to describe the way I and the majority of Queens fans feel.

Despite the hundreds of emails,blogs,letters and internet forums where virtually all Queens fans were calling for the board to vote the newco into the 3rd division despite this the board were one of the five voting for the 1st division once again 2 fingers up to the supporters.if this had been any team outside the old firm the vote would have been to allow the club to compete in the sfl this would have been decided weeks ago.

Since Norman Blount and Ronnie Bradford were chairmen Queens have built up a great reputation throughout scottish football as a great club with great values and supporters sadly in one fell swoop this has been taken away.

At one point I did think about turning my back on Queens after 35 years of pain and only missing 5 games home or away since 1985 but at the moment iam undecidex.I will howevere resign from my post as queens trust chairman and ball boys coordinater.

Gutted and embaressed is an under statement.

Guest Flash

Is there any way the fans, including the trust, could get money together to buy Rae's shares as a fist step towards ousting these incompetent, out of touch buffoons?

I note what QOS75 says, but this is too important to be swept under the carpet. Indeed, I'd suggest it should never be forgotten.

Well Ross, I have known you for twenty five years or more and you will be back. I am as pissed of us you but we are backing those wearing the famous blue and white and not necessarily anyone else . For those wanting to wind us up , then bring it on , only harden our resolve

"We are respected, wherever we may go"... Not anymore :(

QUITE!

I have been in the mountains for the last 3 days and managed yesterday evening to get some radio reception to hear the outcome of the vote.

I was wondering who the 5 toadying noben*s were. Stenny, of course, and ????

I get back here and find that QoS are in a league of 6 (incl. Rangers). Except that the noises from Rangers fans and from Ibrox suggested they wanted a fresh start.

What are our 30 pieces of Silver? An invitation into a discredited and morally bankrupt SPL2? Or into an Atlantic league? I agree with everybody who says that the other SPL clubs thought they could play pass the buck by getting them to endorse their own decision to demote Rangers but have our clubs only keep them down for a season. I agree that this was not a vote the SFL clubs wanted to have.

BUT for the QoS board to vote on the side that was always going to lose massively beggars belief.

I will continue to support my team, but not the BoD. Their judgement has been called into serious question. Who would have thought that an SPL 2 could smell even more rank rotten than the original EssPeeHell. Here's hoping that it comes to NOTHING. :( :( :angry: