The Queen of the South thread

I'm not saying for a moment we should offer him a deal but I wouldn't be astonished to find McLaughlin still with us next season.

Brighton should retire and I'd imagine Simmons will find his rightful place in the SPL. :o

Simmons will find his rightfull place at Tescos checkout/bagging assistant.

Unfair in my view to criticise Clark's attitude. It remains to be seen if he does a job for us at SFL2. Presumably our new manager sees something in him that makes it worth giving him a new deal.

It was an awkward situation. you can't hire his Daddy and then free his son. Even the big "cheese factory bully" widnae dae that, or would he? :unsure:

cfk5.jpg

There is the logo on the yellow top, from when the Travel Club sponsored play for your club last year.

tclogo1.jpg

Cheers. Cant say its particularly great, but then we've had worse on the strips

I agree wholeheartedly. It's pretty flawed logic to suggest that some of the wasters from last season will suddenly turn good because we've gone down a league. Didn't a lot of us bemoan the performances with the comment "this team would struggle in the second division". Even if the poorer opponents we'll be facing were to suddenly bring out the inner-Messi in the likes of McLaughlan, Simmons, Clark and Brighton, their attitude was lacking as much as their footballing ability. For that alone I don't think they deserve a second chance at my club.

Relegation isn't an achievement that should be rewarded IMO.

But then it doesnt necesarily follow that a relegated squad is full of players who arent good enough. I dont think its about players suddenly turning good, its about them being not quite good enough for the first but being good enough at a lower level.

I wouldn't be against mclaughlin staying. I think he got more stick than he deserved this season and I think he'd do well in the second.

Agree. He took a lot of unwarranted stick last season. If I was him, I dont think Id want to sign again next season

It was an awkward situation. you can't hire his Daddy and then free his son. Even the big "cheese factory bully" widnae dae that, or would he? :unsure:

This has been said quite a lot, but its clearly nonsense.

I think he's a good attacking midfielder. Gus didn't play him in the right position imo.

McLaughlin certainly never played attacking midfielder for us. Apart from being able to cleanly strike the ball from the edge of the box, I don't think he has any attribute that makes him considerable for that role.

I also don't think he'll be particularly bothered by getting stick from Queens fans, as we certainly gave him a lifetime's inoculation, and in probably far less pleasant terms.

Edited by vikingTON

McLaughlin certainly never played attacking midfielder for us. Apart from being able to cleanly strike the ball from the edge of the box, I don't think he has any attribute that makes him considerable for that role.

I also don't think he'll be particularly bothered by getting stick from Queens fans, as we certainly gave him a lifetime's inoculation, and in probably far less pleasant terms.

I remember McPherson playing him in a real advanced role maybe only once and I thought he done well on that occasion ( possibly Morton at home , maybe not ). He was certainly more effective out the road of the engine room and untied from defensive / tackling duties.

No great loss imo. Vastly overrated keeper. There are better out there on free contracts.

Sad to hear, that he's not going to be signing, but like you say there are other keepers out there available that will want a reasonable contract. David Hutton, being one.