The Queen of the South thread

I think Robinson has progressed with each spell here. He hasn't done much wrong this season really. Culpable on Falkirk's late winner probably and on yesterday's equaliser. Also had a ropey game at Hamilton though not to blame for the actual goals.

He is certainly no Tomas Cerny but on our budget he is probably as good as we could hope for. I don't think there's much to choose between him and Hutton for instance.

I don't disagree with that. Robinson certainly commands his area better than Hutton. Robinson's not the best keeper in this league, but he's far from hopeless.

SD ----How did Carmichael, Black and Holt fare yesterday ? Was pleased to see three young local boys in the starting eleven.

Thought all three did well. Black would have been in the man of the match shortlist for me though Reid probably shaded him. Holt had a very good first half hour but struggled with David O'Brien when he switched wings. Played well but maybe not quite as outstanding as he was against Thistle. Carmichael isnt the best defender from wingback but was a threat when we had the ball and put in a great cross for our opener.

If there is any keeper that you would want to succeed in our jersey then it would be Robinson. Keen as mustard and gives it everything . As good as Hutton though ? ,no , not having it.

I'd agree with this. No David Hutton, and while not the best in the league he most certainly is not hopeless. He's keen & has an eye for a potential quick breakaway. Badly at fault for Morton's 2nd yesterday but he will know that himself. Over the piece he has been good for us so far this season & I won't be giving him stick on the back of one bad mistake.

I'd agree with this. No David Hutton, and while not the best in the league he most certainly is not hopeless. He's keen & has an eye for a potential quick breakaway. Badly at fault for Morton's 2nd yesterday but he will know that himself. Over the piece he has been good for us so far this season & I won't be giving him stick on the back of one bad mistake.

On balance, I like Robinson and I'm quite sure he's the better of our two current 'keepers.

He's frustrating though. He's made a couple of really stunning saves this season as well as plenty of decent ones. However, he's also been badly at fault for a couple now. Similarly, his distribution can be a real weapon at times and yet there's been spells when he can't keep the ball within the confines of the pitch.

I like him, but wish he'd cut out the brittle aspects. As with most of our players though, if he lost the flaws, he wouldn't be ours.

Why are we not looking to get players in on loan ?

Raith have 4 on loan from Hearts 3 of them scored the Raith goals on Saturday.

Raith have no money like us but can still get players in on loan.

It seems to me that Gus is happy with what he has but if he does not add to the squad they sadly the only way we are heading is down.:(

Edited by Northfield 53

Why are we not looking to get players in on loan ?

Raith have 4 on loan from Hearts 3 of them scored the Raith goals on Saturday.

Raith have no money like us but can still get players in on loan.

It seems to me that Gus is happy with what he has but if he does not add to the squad they sadly the only way we are heading is down.:(

Wee Gus probably has to check his change being a Paisley man but I thought you were decent on Saturday although Ton were IMO poor - although Big Peter or Nelly a stick on to score against Queens - Moore made the mistake should have had him on earlier

Edited by Greenocktony

There are highlights of every game this season, and last, on the official site.

Yep, i watch them as well.

But his coverage was rather good & gave you a different feeling when watching it because its from the stands.

He's not good enough for the SPL. He's panicky when on the ball and has been guilty of shiteing out of challenges. Haride almost ripped his head off for the latter during a game at the start of the season.

How does he compare to Willie Gibson? I thought Burns was the better player.

I always preferred watching Paul Burns to William Gibson when they were both at Queens.

Gibson has more experience having been with Kilmarnock, Dunfermline, Crawley & now St Johnstone. Seemed a more direct winger than Burns but Paul seemed to score more goals than Gibson.

He's not good enough for the SPL. He's panicky when on the ball and has been guilty of shiteing out of challenges. Haride almost ripped his head off for the latter during a game at the start of the season.

I loved Burns as a Queens player, much morso than bloody Gibson.

I have to say that in the best part of a decade here, I never once saw him "shite out of a challenge". People said he was easily knocked off the ball despite the fact it never, ever actually happened, because of his slight build.

I did wonder if he'd have quite enough class for the SPL though and I can believe he's maybe just been found wanting a bit in this regard.