The Queen of the South thread

Adamski, I wasn't meaning any one person in particular. More a comment about the way the site is going as a whole . Who are you referring to ?

Think he was talking aboot "veteran" and the wee boy he gees a lift tae frae East Kilbride.

does anyone think we could get paton on loan?

bit random i know.

Firmly in Iron's plans at stenny. Would take a fee to shift him I would think. Now playing a centre midfield role. Assuming you were thinking rb for him.

No posts anywhere regarding today's Cup win, it just shows the apathy towards cup football these days. To make matters look even worse, Queens got the biggest crowd out of all the games and most of them got in fur free. :(

someone commenting that not much talk of game yesterday, We did alright at times a thought we looked good then five minutes later we'd look very vulnerable in defence. Both goals were very decent and taking well, we also had a few more chances, which is promising. There goal was a brilliant finish, couldn't believe some nutter beside me in terracing trying to blame McKenzie (who again did nothing wrong), Mark Campbell oozes class at centre half, Simmons keeps ball and sprays it about very well, McLaughlan is very similar but not scared to get his foot in and upfront Smith looked decent but sometimes just needs to let ball go a wee bit earlier, wee Dan was very good again... has to be one of first names on team sheet!

Like gus says on os, its brand new team, going to take time for it all to work, and he's not papering over cracks he knows theres room for improvement hopefully we can get it. Livingston next week is looking like a very difficult test, they've had some high scoring wins and a great preseason

someone commenting that not much talk of game yesterday, We did alright at times a thought we looked good then five minutes later we'd look very vulnerable in defence. Both goals were very decent and taking well, we also had a few more chances, which is promising. There goal was a brilliant finish, couldn't believe some nutter beside me in terracing trying to blame McKenzie (who again did nothing wrong), Mark Campbell oozes class at centre half, Simmons keeps ball and sprays it about very well, McLaughlan is very similar but not scared to get his foot in and upfront Smith looked decent but sometimes just needs to let ball go a wee bit earlier, wee Dan was very good again... has to be one of first names on team sheet!

Like gus says on os, its brand new team, going to take time for it all to work, and he's not papering over cracks he knows theres room for improvement hopefully we can get it. Livingston next week is looking like a very difficult test, they've had some high scoring wins and a great preseason

could of been me actually, but i was actually on the wind up to one of my mates who rates him ( i dont ) but i accept he wasnt at fault.

on the performance yesterday there are signs that once this side gels we could be pretty decent. was impressed with simmons and big campbell and brighton when he played up front ( hes never been a winger) smith looked pretty useful as well and higgins didnt look comfortable at left back. queens looked pretty good when they went to a 4-3-3 later on in the game.

What's Queen's fans opinions on David Weatherston? According to a local paper he's training with us, and we might be looking to take him on.

He split opinion amongst our support. I`d have kept him and the story was that he had been offered a deal but MacPherson subsequently withdrew this. That could be rubbish mind you.

Lightening fast but sometimes lacked end product. Can play wide or up front. Decent enough goal return given limited starts in my view.

Too posh and too educated for Brannigan`s liking allegedly ;)

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

What's Queen's fans opinions on David Weatherston? According to a local paper he's training with us, and we might be looking to take him on.

I thought he was decent and would have kept him.

Dreading him playing against us.

Pacy, but lacking in an end product and a football brain. Has a tendency to take the huff, and struggles to complete 90 mins.

Sort of guy I would have working with the Queens Trust. 8)

Fast but lacks stamina, strength & the ability to take people on. He's fine so long as there's no defender in front of him. Lacks composure in front of goal, often snatching at shots; but can score his share of goals.

Be fine for Falkirk so long as Pressley isn't thinking of playing him as a winger.