The Queen of the South thread

Back on subject though, I am fairly happy that Lee Robinson has signed up. His positioning lets him down on occasion & for me he could do with more of a physical presence. Good command of his box & good kicker. I particularly like the way he quickly spots the man in space & gets the ball to him. We could have done a lot worse!

Happy with Robinson too. In light of the current financial implications, I don't think we could have got any better. Certainly more inspiring than the trialists pre-season, and we know what we are getting with Robinson. He has his lesser attributes, and prone to over-enthusiastic impulses, but I like him a player. There's a certain' flamboyancy' about him, and from what I remember from his last spell was he was always looking to get the ball away quickly, or step out away from the box to help out, as mentioned. Quite vocal too.

First choice? Backup? Or will Gus chop and change dependant upon errors, possibly leaving an unsettled defence? Hopefully no. 1 for me.

so we let David Hutton go and sign an inferior keeper Again, well done

Have you actually got anything positive to say about queens? everytime you post your either writing queens off after 1 game or your moaning about something. NEWSFLASH queens have had abit of a finacial scare so the days of "supirior" players has now gone, are you so dilusional that you think we could compete with hamilton on the money front? maybe its time you got over your wee crush on weatherston and hutton and gave the new crop of players a chance.

Ok , I have watched Queens for a long time and know my stuff. Admit my recent postings would seem negative but they are not meant to be . I am geniunely concerned at the loss of DW and DH and would say they have been replaced by inferior players. One of the dangers of coming to manage a new club is that you have to make snap decisions on players you don,t know much about. I believe Gus has made a co

.32uple of boobs already

iOk , I have watched Queens for a long time and know my stuff. Admit my recent postings would seem negative but they are not meant to be . I am geniunely concerned at the loss of DW and DH and would say they have been replaced by inferior players. One of the dangers of coming to manage a new club is that you have to make snap decisions on players you don,t know much about. I believe Gus has made a couple without really knowing it.

.32uple of boobs already

Ok , I have watched Queens for a long time and know my stuff. Admit my recent postings would seem negative but they are not meant to be . I am geniunely concerned at the loss of DW and DH and would say they have been replaced by inferior players. One of the dangers of coming to manage a new club is that you have to make snap decisions on players you don,t know much about. I believe Gus has made a co

.32uple of boobs already

kind of expected that to be dropped in there. i actually think its irrelevant that youve watched queens for a long time, in fact it actually makes your recent posting worse if your a long time supporter as youve surely hard time as well as the good times, surely youve seen squads being re-built through your time? for what its worth DW was average at best and although i agree that DH was a good keeper for us there isnt much between him and Robinson and if signing a slightly "inferior" keeper ensures we stay financially stable ill be a happy man, forget the past and give the new boys a chance.

Fair enough goalie. I am impressed with the level of debate on here and the way people explain at length what they think. In summing up , I reckon we have a half decent back four and forward options. For me , the problem will be the engine room and their supply to the forwards . As always , time will tell.

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Unfortunately , Qos Mad has went downhill a bit recently. Some good contributors either banned, took the huff or dissapeared. Replaced by some not as interesting

Cuts to internet fan base, now that is worrying. Same in Thistle site imo. To be fair its only total fuds who've been flung out as far as I'm aware.

http://www.qosfc.com...aspx?newsid=757

Article above would suggest to me that Mark McCusker actually signed on the 23-07-2011.

http://www.qosfc.com/players

Article above would suggest signed on 01-07-2011.

Sorry if this makes me feel a wee bit uncomfortable, but is this the Club's financial mismanagement spilling into the the areas of player contracts and media management. If I was manager I would be feeling a wee bit concerned the Club could not manage to control a signing and the announcement of it. That is of course unless I was party to the "MIX UP" .

Both dates are correct. He agreed to sign on the 1st and, had all went smoothly everything would have been finalised then. For whatever reason (and I dont know what the reasons are) there was a delay and it wasnt finalised until Saturday. The player probably had to sign something on Saturday as part of the process, which is why he would have told Bill that he'd "signed" that day.

Why do you immediately assume some sort of mis-management? Do you not think that maybe goings on with peoples contracts of employment and discussions with other clubs would be held in private and not in the public domain. Or are you just looking for something to have a go about? <_<

Guest TOPFITTER

Both dates are correct. He agreed to sign on the 1st and, had all went smoothly everything would have been finalised then. For whatever reason (and I dont know what the reasons are) there was a delay and it wasnt finalised until Saturday. The player probably had to sign something on Saturday as part of the process, which is why he would have told Bill that he'd "signed" that day.

Why do you immediately assume some sort of mis-management? Do you not think that maybe goings on with peoples contracts of employment and discussions with other clubs would be held in private and not in the public domain. Or are you just looking for something to have a go about? dry.gif

Point 1 Agreeing to and actually signing are two different things in my book

Point 2 How can the Club official site claim he signed on the 1st if in fact he did not.

Point 3 It is an internet forum, am I not like everyone else allowed to comment on what I see as relevant issues.

Point 4 At least my post has not been moderated or suggested it is a personal attack, so progress there.

And finally am I "just looking for something to have a go about" certainly not, just looking for the Club to be proffesional in their activities, well as best they can and that way avoid any unnecessary ambiguity. Do I sense you may have issues with me ?

Another decent addition to the squad it looks like Gus has gathered together a decent squad considering the reduction in the budget.I think once the squad have played a few league games together we will be very hard to beat but maybe not the most exciting Queens team to watch.We have competition for all positions and a squad of very versatile players.Lets hope for a decent result tomorrow to set us up for the tricky away match at Livvy.

Point 1 Agreeing to and actually signing are two different things in my book

Point 2 How can the Club official site claim he signed on the 1st if in fact he did not.

Point 3 It is an internet forum, am I not like everyone else allowed to comment on what I see as relevant issues.

Point 4 At least my post has not been moderated or suggested it is a personal attack, so progress there.

And finally am I "just looking for something to have a go about" certainly not, just looking for the Club to be proffesional in their activities, well as best they can and that way avoid any unnecessary ambiguity. Do I sense you may have issues with me ?

Point 1 - semantics. That was just my wording in trying to explain what I know of the situation

Point 2 - Because he did

Point 3 - You can comment on what you like. Similarly, if I think you're just trying to stir things up for the sake of it, then Im just as entitled to say so

Point 4 - no idea what youre on about

And your finally, as I said, you have absolutely no proof that the club hasnt been proffesional (sic) in their activities, other than your obvious desire that this is the case.

I have no issue with you, why woud I? I have no idea who you are. Your "Point 4" would suggest its the other way round

Unfortunately , Qos Mad has went downhill a bit recently. Some good contributors either banned, took the huff or dissapeared. Replaced by some not as interesting

Ach, I don't know. It's maybe just me but if it's the poster I'm thinking of there's something slightly car crashy that keeps me going back for a look.