The Queen of the South thread

Don't get so upset at losing 2-0 at Somerset. Queen of the South won't be the only team to lose to the Honest Men this season. Just because most of the "experts" on here have wriiten Ayr off as rubbish doen't make it true.

For what it's worth, I thought there wasn't a great deal between us over the 90 minutes.

We had the better of the first half, certainly in terms of clear goalscoring opportunities, and could have been well in front by half time.In the second half you physically dominated in midfield without creating that many clear chances. The Carmichael chance aside, most of your efforts were from long range.

You lacked a final ball to your strikers, and to be honest, they did not look like creating much on their own. Whether that was down to solid defending or their own abilities remains to be seen.

In extra time, we more than deserved our win. It's early days yet though, and far to early to be writing off your team. The positive thing was that you looked organised throughout the 90 minutes. The first thing that tends to go in poor teams is their shape and commitment. On that score, certainly in normal time, you looked fine.

Edited by Parkhouse

Have sent off an e-mail to Total Teamware about the issue, hopefully i hear some good news back.

So did I, not heard anything back yet. Sounds like they don't want our custom :(

so we let David Hutton go and sign an inferior keeper Again, well done

Should Robinson really be described as "inferior" to Hutton? I dont think theres much in it between the two, to be honest. Hutton is by far the better shot stopper but Robinson is better at crosses and, I would say, his kicking is better too. Id actually rate Robinson as a better all-round keeper, just. Although Hutton is more likely to win you points with a wonder save.

Id be quite happy with either and, as FC_1919 said, if Robinson is the cheaper option then its a good piece of business

Should Robinson really be described as "inferior" to Hutton? I dont think theres much in it between the two, to be honest. Hutton is by far the better shot stopper but Robinson is better at crosses and, I would say, his kicking is better too. Id actually rate Robinson as a better all-round keeper, just. Although Hutton is more likely to win you points with a wonder save.

Id be quite happy with either and, as FC_1919 said, if Robinson is the cheaper option then its a good piece of business

Totally agree with this.

Delighted to see Robinson back - I like him.

The latter keeper was around before you were a twinkle in your dads eye Finlay. Only us codgers that will recall him

I do.

Hutton is nowhere near as good as Davidson was for me. He's possibly marginally better than Robinson I think but there's not a lot in it. Fact is though Hutton went out and joined Hamilton before we were in a position to offer him anything, even presuming MacPherson had any interest in him. Robinson is a decent keeper to get hold of for this season and I'm pleased to get him. Whilst I think McKenzie's faults are exaggerated by most, I would expect Robinson to be our number one.

so we let David Hutton go and sign an inferior keeper Again, well done

what i heard was that hutton was invited to come and train with the view to a contract but never turned up and then signed for hamilton.

Davidson was the most gifted Queens goalkeeper I've seen, but he was a bit of a 'heid the ba' I believe.

There's very little to choose between Hutton and Robinson, but for me, Robinson edges it. He's probably come cheaper than Hutton would have, so it's excellent news all round.

I'd agree with SD that MacKenzie is better than many would have it, but Robinson ought to start as first choice.

The latter keeper was around before you were a twinkle in your dads eye Finlay. Only us codgers that will recall him

I remember Barney Davidson too. Good goalkeeper if a bit unorthodox on occasion. However Davidson, Hutton & Robinson belong in different era's so not sure that a comparison really stands up.

Back on subject though, I am fairly happy that Lee Robinson has signed up. His positioning lets him down on occasion & for me he could do with more of a physical presence. Good command of his box & good kicker. I particularly like the way he quickly spots the man in space & gets the ball to him. We could have done a lot worse!

It really is all looking ok to my mind.

While the lack of obvious width remains a concern - although not to Gus if Mr X is right - we now look fairly strong up front with McCusker joining Smith and Brighton.

Add in a good 'keeper alongside a decent one and we're better placed than looked likely a couple of months ago.

Saturday wasn't great by all accounts, but I see us winning plenty of games this year and staying clear of trouble.

Mind you, I'm a little bit drunk.

Guest TOPFITTER

Despite Northfield's continual attempts to credit me in about four different threads with some sort of "scoop" here, I'll point out for about the third time that all I did was post it once Gus MacPherson confirmed publicly that he is a Queens player (as again pointed out by Gogs above).

http://www.qosfc.com...aspx?newsid=757

Article above would suggest to me that Mark McCusker actually signed on the 23-07-2011.

http://www.qosfc.com/players

Article above would suggest signed on 01-07-2011.

Sorry if this makes me feel a wee bit uncomfortable, but is this the Club's financial mismanagement spilling into the the areas of player contracts and media management. If I was manager I would be feeling a wee bit concerned the Club could not manage to control a signing and the announcement of it. That is of course unless I was party to the "MIX UP" .