The Queen of the South thread

Alan Reid now confirmed as signing a one year deal per our OS.

Not to excited by the signing, but should be an ok inclusion to the squad.

Anyone know why he was released from Morton last year?

Don't think he was ever contracted to Morton. Had a trial period, didn't win a contract.

Rubbish. He didnt get his contract renewed at the end of the season before last. He was at many of the home games last season. No idea why he didn't get a club. He's ok, if a bit wee.

Rubbish. He didnt get his contract renewed at the end of the season before last. He was at many of the home games last season. No idea why he didn't get a club. He's ok, if a bit wee.

Did he not have an unsuccessful trial at Morton a couple of years earlier?

Seems like fans of the clubs hes been at rate him reasonably, but the fact that he didnt have a club last season does seem a bit strange.

Ah, sorry, was wholly misinformed then.

Not often we see you get shot down big man! :lol:

dont know what i think about reid cant really say hes ever stood out to me but being a left footer is a big bonus as there arent too many around. i really hope we sign a keeper next im not too fussed about any other position as it looks as if we are pretty much set up. mckenzie isnt the answer for me, hes a big lump who goes down in stages. id quite like us to sign lee robinson.

Did he not have an unsuccessful trial at Morton a couple of years earlier?

Seems like fans of the clubs hes been at rate him reasonably, but the fact that he didnt have a club last season does seem a bit strange.

He had a trial period, didn't get a contract at that time and signed for Stenny. We signed him after that. I think we have had him 3 times now. As I say, he's ok.

Edited by toms

Guest honestrae95

So how many more signings are we expecting? A goalkeeper is a given. Ryan McCann may sign soon, but are we also expecting another striker? It's all gone very quiet on the McCusker front.

From what i've heard, McCann is back in training with Ayr, but this came from the mouth of a man that said Nacho Novo was to sign with Ayr!!!! :blink:

Lost him a tenner the stupid barsteward! :D

From what i've heard, McCann is back in training with Ayr, but this came from the mouth of a man that said Nacho Novo was to sign with Ayr!!!! :blink:

Lost him a tenner the stupid barsteward! :D

Been offered a deal at QOS will be interesting to see what happens.

Edited by QosLoyal

Are Queens offering a mixture of both full and part time contracts to players or solely full time ?

The latter as far as I'm aware, although I think Mark Campbell will be part-time.

no shit sherlock, did the fact ive only posted 73 times give it away?

I know you and your family very well, If I thought so lowly of you, I wouldn't have posted in the first place Yig...

Guest honestrae95

Been offered a deal at QOS will be interesting to see what happens.

McCann is a great player on his day. Completely transformed our team last season and bulked up the midfield, he is someone who will 'drive the team forward'. Hope he signs for Ayr but i doubt he will....