The Queen of the South thread

He is a good keeper , doubt he would go to another 1st division team to be a 'back up keeper' though.

If another 1st Div club offers Hutton a contract say Hamilton do you think Hutton will care that he is 2nd choice.As long as they are paying him a full time wage Hutton will be happy to sit on the bench.

I'd have Hutton back next season .

Surprised about the amount of criticism he's getting on this thread

I believe there's a good chance his future may be down south with a non-league side . Better wages than Scots Div One

Whoever it is , I wish him well

I like Hutton as well. He is a good keeper at this level, although may not quite have the stature and presence to play in the SPL or the Championship. I would very much like to see him at Palmerston next season, but that's not looking very likely.

Accepted but I would rather have Bell and possibly Robinson in preference to Hutton. He just doesn't inspire confidence and inevitably that must have an effect on the outfield players.

It is obvious that you know nothing of the art of goalkeeping!

Not hard to spot the Qos_mad regulars ;)

I post on there regularly but I can assure you I am far from a happy clapper, I'm just surprised one of our best keepers in the last ten years is getting such a slating.

Bring back Colin Scott!

Good keeper, his main fault being he was sh*t scared to come off his line. If I had to have on 'keeper back it would easily be Ludo Roy, solid goalkeeper, pity he got injured.

Which is the same fault which blights Hutton and Jamie McDonald IMO, not really a problem but it's always a relief when you see a keeper coming and claiming the ball.

Very few keepers at this level come off their line to claim a ball and even fewer manage to do it successfully almost all the time. Rab Douglas is very much an exception in that respect. He does it all the time. As far as Queens are concerned Roy did it generally in his brief spell as first choice, Robinson tried to do it but fumbled the ball too often and Goram did it, though he tended to punch the ball when he got there rather than try to catch. Pretty much everyone else we've had since promotion has been rooted to their line most of the time. Scott however got away with it better than most because he had the likes of Thomson and Reid sitting in front of him who dealt with absolutely everything in the air for him. Hutton was never blessed with dominating centre halves like that.

Very few keepers at this level come off their line to claim a ball and even fewer manage to do it successfully almost all the time. Rab Douglas is very much an exception in that respect. He does it all the time.

You can add Scott Fox to that list of one. It might not have been evident during his spell at Queens, but it's one of the things that sets him apart from his Firhill predecessors. He's been confident and competent with us.

I post on there regularly but I can assure you I am far from a happy clapper, I'm just surprised one of our best keepers in the last ten years is getting such a slating.

Good keeper, his main fault being he was sh*t scared to come off his line. If I had to have on 'keeper back it would easily be Ludo Roy, solid goalkeeper, pity he got injured.

Good shout is Ludo Roy afaik hes not agreed a new deal at Cowdenbeath and he was the most commanding keepers Ive seen during his last short stint here

They all have the problem of being too small (part of the reason Robinson struggled IMO), they don't have the physical presence to come through 4 or 5 bodies to get the ball.

Well McKenzie shouldn't have a problem there!

Very few keepers at this level come off their line to claim a ball and even fewer manage to do it successfully almost all the time. Rab Douglas is very much an exception in that respect. He does it all the time. As far as Queens are concerned Roy did it generally in his brief spell as first choice, Robinson tried to do it but fumbled the ball too often and Goram did it, though he tended to punch the ball when he got there rather than try to catch. Pretty much everyone else we've had since promotion has been rooted to their line most of the time. Scott however got away with it better than most because he had the likes of Thomson and Reid sitting in front of him who dealt with absolutely everything in the air for him. Hutton was never blessed with dominating centre halves like that.

Wrong

Ritchie Barnard was very good at coming out for cross balls and was never scared to leave his line

Just a pity McCall sput the dummy and freed him

Edited by DUMFRIES_CREW

Wrong

Ritchie Barnard was very good at coming out for cross balls and was never scared to leave his line

Just a pity McCall sput the dummy and freed him

Forgot about Barnard. Yes, fair point. He came and took everything too, though he did occasionally miss completely much as Robinson did.

Coming off his line was a fault of Scotts' but I didn't really think it was a massive problem until he dislocated his shoulder in the season we went top of Division 1 in 2003. When he came back from that, it was always fairly noticable that he was quite reluctant to leave his line. Granted I had only seen him play for about 6 months before that, but I didn't really think it was a problem before his injury.

Any Queens fans remember a game at Love Street where you ran out of keepers? Someone clattered into Barnard and the ref wouldn't delay play for treatment, so on came Colin Scott. Allan Russell then booted Scott on the leg so off he went - still in the first half!

We were already 2-0 up and I relished the chance to celebrate my 21st by watching my team score double figures. However, we completely switched off and Queens dug in and played superbly before we got a third in stoppage time/