The Queen of the South thread

Seen Gus coming out that Costa coffe bit on the high street today, he looked like he meant business

Also heard from a reliable source that we've got a large number of players attending pre-season next week for trials

Edited by MONKMAN

Seen Gus coming out that Costa coffe bit on the high street today, he looked like he meant business

It was probably just a caffeine rush.

Also heard from a reliable source that we've got a large number of players attending pre-season next week for trials

I have heard a similar story. Hopefully, we manage to acquire a good blend of youth and experience.

I am suddenly quite hopeful about the season ahead.

That was in the sun today, Gus saying he's been offered quite a few players by agents and is having a lot of them in for pre-season.

I'm a big fan of Quinn. Composed on the ball, can pick a pass and chip in with a few goals although perhaps not as many as he should. Doesn't necessarily like to do the dirty work all that much so gets accused of being lazy but it's not really a problem with a "McKenna" beside him.

That was in the sun today, Gus saying he's been offered quite a few players by agents and is having a lot of them in for pre-season.

Aye, my brother was speaking to one of the players yesterday. Apparently in the region of 40 players approached the club

Is that a good thing that all the shares are bought up, can anyone explain the situation and what it means ?

What it means is that, sometime recently, the remainder of the shares have been bought by a person, or persons. The club cannot sell more than 150,000 shares and these are now all sold

Often, if an investment is made in a business, the person, or persons, making the investment takes shares in return.

I would say any money going into the club is a good thing

Stephen Simmons signs a one year deal with Queens

Was at raith last season and on loan to us under Chisholm

He was never on loan to us. He signed a short term deal as our player. He was clubless when he joined us.

Had a spell of nearly four months with us. Signed to fill another shirt in midfield after Jamie Adams did his cruciate again post Nordsjaelland and with Scally still out injured at the time too. When Scally returned to the squad in January Simmons was released. Did ok. Got a lot of unfair criticism IMO for not being able to do what Adams did but he was never going to, they are nothing like the same style of player. He was unspectacular for us but did a job when asked. I think it's a pretty decent signing to be honest (presuming it's confirmed).