The Queen of the South thread

Mark was my old coach at lochar thistle and was one of the best coaches ive ever had, a true football man who knows the game well as well as the buisness side. i can only see this as a positive (but strange) move and i wish him all the best. i used to be fairly close to the family and mark truely has worked his way to the top unlike some of the twats on the BOD who were born with a silverspoon!

Mark was my old coach at lochar thistle and was one of the best coaches ive ever had, a true football man who knows the game well as well as the buisness side. i can only see this as a positive (but strange) move and i wish him all the best. i used to be fairly close to the family and mark truely has worked his way to the top unlike some of the twats on the BOD who were born with a silverspoon!

How many coaches and what teams did you play with?

Kinda quiet around here these days without Skyline Drifter :huh:

Agree with statments above. Robertson brings a ruthless business mind to the board ( He closed a factory with loss of 121 jobs without blinking an eyelid )

Hewitson has pulled of a masterstroke getting him onside. I pity ANY passengers on the BOD now

I'm pretty sure a certain Mr Billy Hewitson bought the land after the Kirkubright Factory was closed . dry.gif

He's a very shrewd businessman and our future Chairman imo

I can see a few personality clashes happening with Mark and there will only be on winner :)

Guest TOPFITTER

I'm pretty sure a certain Mr Billy Hewitson bought the land after the Kirkubright Factory was closed . dry.gif

He's a very shrewd businessman and our future Chairman imo

I can see a few personality clashes happening with Mark and there will only be on winner :)

Surely you are not suggesting Billy and Mark are looking to develop the Palmerston site for anything other than football. What then will Billy be Chairman of ? some property development company and will Mark be his MD there?

As we have yet to see or hear a statement from Mark, one could be forgiven for developing some conspiracy theories !!!!!!!!!!

Been stuck out in France the last few weeks but been kept informed with whats happening at Palmerston. I am quite pleased the way things have developed and feel that Gus and Andy plus the appointment of the new director can bring a bit of stability to the club.

Hope the stories about Reidy departing are unfounded and that we can sign a few decent players before pre season starts.

Whats the latest on Alan Johnston ? I thought he was excellent for us at the end of the last campaign and would love to see him retained next season in a player/coach role as the young players would learn so much from him.

Whats the latest on Alan Johnston ? I thought he was excellent for us at the end of the last campaign and would love to see him retained next season in a player/coach role as the young players would learn so much from him.

And what's the latest on Weatherston?

It looked like he'd be coming back a la McKenna, but I think I'm right in saying nothing's been confirmed. I heard today that McPherson thinks the money earmarked for Weatherston could be better spent, but I've no idea whether or not there's any truth in that at all.

Anybody heard anything on the player front?

It looked like he'd be coming back a la McKenna, but I think I'm right in saying nothing's been confirmed. I heard today that McPherson thinks the money earmarked for Weatherston could be better spent, but I've no idea whether or not there's any truth in that at all.

Stewart Kean played at St Mirren. Think Ayr may beat you to it though.

I would agree with him (if ofcourse he did say that). Take away his pace he is a moderate at best. Poor finishing, poor control and his awareness isn't the greatest either,

John Potter is one I would like to see, probably completely out our price range.

Has he not signed for Dunfermline?

I did worry about Kean coming back when McPherson was appointed, wasn't he in St Mirren's championship winning team?

John Potter is one I would like to see, probably completely out our price range.

John Potter would do a fantastic job for you, great professional and very experienced centre half who wouldn't let you down.

gives 100% in every game and a very decent guy to boot.

I would be surprised if Gus doesn't make a move for him although Dunfermline are rumoured to have made an offer.

John Potter would do a fantastic job for you, great professional and very experienced centre half who wouldn't let you down.

gives 100% in every game and a very decent guy to boot.

I would be surprised if Gus doesn't make a move for him although Dunfermline are rumoured to have made an offer.

St Johnstone have been linked too, although maybe Gus can convince him to go to Palmerston.

Gus was keeping a close eye on Andy at the Masters at the weekend there. Potts and Millen for the QotS defence next season? :unsure:

I would agree with him (if ofcourse he did say that). Take away his pace he is a moderate at best. Poor finishing, poor control and his awareness isn't the greatest either,

Possibly. But he does have a decent scoring record at this level considering he hasn't actually played as a striker that often and his pace over the top might be invaluable in the season ahead if we are to spend a lot of time defending against better sides.

I think we have to get a little realistic about who we might actually be able to get. I'd like to see Weatherston re-signed but it's Gus's call to make.

Possibly. But he does have a decent scoring record at this level considering he hasn't actually played as a striker that often and his pace over the top might be invaluable in the season ahead if we are to spend a lot of time defending against better sides.

I think we have to get a little realistic about who we might actually be able to get. I'd like to see Weatherston re-signed but it's Gus's call to make.

Big mistake to let Weatherston go in my view. Given the previous manager publically declared his lack of faith in the player I thought DW did well last season.

Decent scoring record from limited starts. Given a manager who believed in him I think he could be a real asset.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Big mistake in my view to let Weatherston go in my view. Given the previous manager publically declared his lack of faith in the palyer I thought DW did well last season.

Decent scoring record from limited starts. Given a manager who believed in him I think he could be a real asset.

I agree.

Seems a versatile player as well.