The Queen of the South thread

Stick to budgets will be the only way to get out of the mess you are in. We have a very strict budget, which has been adhered to for last two seasons, and things are looking ok now. I wish you well in your struggle for survival, but don't throw money at the same folk that got you in the mire in the first place.

According to BBC Scotland radio, Brannigan was informed of his position by letter. I wasn't too keen on him after his comment s re DFC when we were sniffing around Bob Harris....but he wasn't wrong...this is not the way to treat someone who is obviously capable for the job. A very sad sign of the times ,I hope he gets fixed up with a club that appreciates his capabilities.

According to BBC Scotland radio, Brannigan was informed of his position by letter. I wasn't too keen on him after his comment s re DFC when we were sniffing around Bob Harris....but he wasn't wrong...this is not the way to treat someone who is obviously capable for the job. A very sad sign of the times ,I hope he gets fixed up with a club that appreciates his capabilities.

A very unprofessional way to deal with anybody .

Kenny was never going to be kept on after his honest rants about the board but they should of had the balls to tell him to his face .

Rumour has it that a few players have also been informed by letter

Come on Mr Rae , you're better than this :huh:

A very unprofessional way to deal with anybody .

Kenny was never going to be kept on after his honest rants about the board but they should of had the balls to tell him to his face .

Rumour has it that a few players have also been informed by letter

Come on Mr Rae , you're better than this :huh:

It is now official as you both indicate:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13461781.stm

The BoD have not covered themselves in glory here. It smacks of cowardice.

He has been told in a letter that his time as manager of Queens is over.David Rae and his board did not even tell him face to face.Brannigan has said that he had made a decison a while ago that he could not work with Rae and his board.The manager has gone players are leaving we have no money to sign anyone things are looking really bad for Queens.

Very disappointing, especially the manner in which it was done. The board are not covering themselves in glory if true. :(

How in the name of hell did you even get into this position, that's what I don't understand. I don't recall any money splashing sujourns into challenging for the league, so what happened?

He has been told in a letter that his time as manager of Queens is over.David Rae and his board did not even tell him face to face.Brannigan has said that he had made a decison a while ago that he could not work with Rae and his board.The manager has gone players are leaving we have no money to sign anyone things are looking really bad for Queens.

Financial difficulty? And you waste money on stamps? Call the adminisrators.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

How in the name of hell did you even get into this position, that's what I don't understand. I don't recall any money splashing sujourns into challenging for the league, so what happened?

The bad weather last season had a massive impact on the financial income. The fact that by the time the weather settled there was pretty much no chance of catching the teams above us, considering we had no resources to increase the squad size meant that crowd sizes dwindled. Wasting presumably big wages on the likes of Holmer, Knight, Andrews, Kean and McKenzie will also have impacted badly. Still though considering our income from the Scottish cup run and the games in Europe and against Rangers I would have been expecting ourselves to be in a better financial position

That's exactly what we did do.

Paying too much money to players and Chis + an unrealistic expectation of home league crowds + two bad winters on the trot + the manager and chairman not talking to each other = a disaster.

A letter? Good chance kb will be there for pre season as that head the baw probably cannae read. Well I'm hoping he can't read this post anyway :P

Paul Burns, said to be joining either St.Mirren or Morton.

Thoughts on him please Doonhamers !

That being the case, he'll be joining the midden. FWIW, he's a good player. Not sure if he's SPL quality, but worth a shout I think.