The Queen of the South thread

Doonhamer72?

We need the manager situation sorted ASAP. It's a total joke that we don't know if we're looking for a new manager or not yet.

Yes, that's me.

We are in limbo until we get a manager sorted, but I don't expect we'll hear anything on that front over the next couple of weeks. I fear other teams may be stealing a march on us.

Yes, that's me.

We are in limbo until we get a manager sorted, but I don't expect we'll hear anything on that front over the next couple of weeks. I fear other teams may be stealing a march on us.

In last nights courier David Rae says he will be speaking with KB when he returns from holiday next week. Looks like KB is still in the frame.

Maybe farmer boy has seen sense

My bet would be that KB will be Manager next season. I hope so as he deserves another chance after what he achieved this season...think once he is sorted out we will find a few of the players accepting contracts to play at Palmy next season.

Dont think things are as bleak as a lot of folk are making out.:D

My bet would be that KB will be Manager next season. I hope so as he deserves another chance after what he achieved this season...think once he is sorted out we will find a few of the players accepting contracts to play at Palmy next season.

KB does not deserve another opportunity, his tactics are crazy, his statements to the press are ludicrous and he has stopped decent supporters like me from going more regularly.

I would still be pleased to see KB return as manager. Apart from anything else, we don't have the money to get a big name replacement. With the SPL2 uncertainty now is probably not the time to gamble on a new/young manager.

Why would we move training to Carlisle? This is an interesting rumour.

If you're right about the managerial position, then as far as I'm concerned, things just got a lot bleaker.

Seriously, what exactly was "achieved" this season?

KB does not deserve another opportunity, his tactics are crazy, his statements to the press are ludicrous and he has stopped decent supporters like me from going more regularly.

Should go and support the club regardless, in my opinion.

He equalled our highest finish in the league since promotion despite working with the smallest squad during that time. He got our highest ever points total since promotion and got us to the ALBA cup final. As seasons go at Queen of the South that is pretty damn successful.

He equalled our highest finish in the league since promotion despite working with the smallest squad during that time. He got our highest ever points total since promotion and got us to the ALBA cup final. As seasons go at Queen of the South that is pretty damn successful.

Yes, numerically a smaller squad, but still a costlier one than we'd had in all but the two or three seasons before it.

The only half decent team with any interest in beating us during the Alba Cup competition, duly did so with ease.

In the league, we did fine with our expensive players available and duly crumpled without them.

You've also got to recognise that the league was particularly weak this year and that the Dundee situation undermines the 4th place finish a bit.

Throw in how we performed in the cups that matter and some of the gloss comes off.

Oh and much of our 'football' was horrible.

Now, I'm deliberately putting a negative spin on things here, but at least I'm admitting it. It's no more inaccurate then the stuff above about how well we did under KB.

I'll say it again: in a football sense he did ok - no better, no worse. He did however behave like a total dick all year and I hope we needn't endure him much longer.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Chick Young says we've signed Paul Burns on a free.

Bugger.

That said, I can't grudge him a shot at the SPL. If truth be told I thought it would have come earlier, but he has been a great servant and I'm sure he will do well. All the best to him - a true Queens legend.

Bugger.

That said, I can't grudge him a shot at the SPL. If truth be told I thought it would have come earlier, but he has been a great servant and I'm sure he will do well. All the best to him - a true Queens legend.

Just a pity he did nae get another year for his testimonial. Good luck burnsy you deserve it.

David Rae you missed the boat and others will follow unless you get you act together

Best of luck to Burnsy, great servant to the club.

I'll echo that. Burnsy has been ready to make a step up to a higher level for a few seasons now. He is a true Queens legend and deserves any success coming his way.

Good luck, Burnsy!

He has been a terrific player for us and hope that he makes a success of the move. Could well be back at Palmerston in a season's time though (err ....if we manage to stay up... :unsure: .

Just a pity he did nae get another year for his testimonial. Good luck burnsy you deserve it.

David Rae you missed the boat and others will follow unless you get you act together

If true that he's off there, we can safely say that no boats have been missed.

St Mirren are a team in the SPL who we shouldn't for a second be attempting to compete with on wages.

I'm really sorry to see Burns go, but I've been resigned to it for a while.

I've loved him as a player for us and if a move has come, I'm glad that it involves a clear step up for him.

I hope he does well.

If true that he's off there, we can safely say that no boats have been missed.

St Mirren are a team in the SPL who we shouldn't for a second be attempting to compete with on wages.

I'm really sorry to see Burns go, but I've been resigned to it for a while.

I've loved him as a player for us and if a move has come, I'm glad that it involves a clear step up for him.

I hope he does well.

Pretty much as I said on the other thread. We were never likely to get anywhere near retaining Burns or any other player who can step up a division or at least attract interest from genuine contenders for the division. The ones we might be able to retain are the ones who aren't going to interest better teams than us. Some people don't quite seem to "get" the meaning of having to drop £300k or so from the wage budget yet it seems.

Paul Burns was never likely to be here next season and, if the story is true, I'm pleased he's actually got a step up although I thought he might have got a better club than St Mirren. He may get better opportunities there though. I'd have been much more disappointed if Burns had been lining up against us in this division next season. To be honest, even if we didn't have financial issues to deal with the likes of Burns and Harris wouldn't have been here next season. Time for such talented young players to move on. Maybe Burns will be back one day in the same way David Lilley eventually returned, but not imminently I suspect.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Quick question for the Queens fans, how is Bob Harris these days, been a while since I have see him play. Not saying we are signing him, just some rumours per usual flying about.

Yes, numerically a smaller squad, but still a costlier one than we'd had in all but the two or three seasons before it.

The only half decent team with any interest in beating us during the Alba Cup competition, duly did so with ease.

In the league, we did fine with our expensive players available and duly crumpled without them.

You've also got to recognise that the league was particularly weak this year and that the Dundee situation undermines the 4th place finish a bit.

Throw in how we performed in the cups that matter and some of the gloss comes off.

Oh and much of our 'football' was horrible.

Now, I'm deliberately putting a negative spin on things here, but at least I'm admitting it. It's no more inaccurate then the stuff above about how well we did under KB.

I'll say it again: in a football sense he did ok - no better, no worse. He did however behave like a total dick all year and I hope we needn't endure him much longer.

I dont think anyone is claiming KB is some sort of messiah, miracle worker or in line for any manager of the year awards. However, he has taken a decent team, but weak squad, to comparative success and, more importantly, has a good youth squad below it. Some of the football has been poor, but then some has been really good. From a footballing point of view I think it would be hard to argue that he hasnt done enough to, at least, be given a chance to continue the work hes started. Id rather have continuity with a decent manager than risk bringing in someone else who could turn out to be much worse.

As for behaving like a "total dick" well thats totally subjective. Some of his comments in the media were embarrassing but, in my opinion, far too much was made of them. In many ways, Id rather have the honesty of KB over the bullshit we used to get from McCall. And Brannigan is far from the only person at the club to have come off badly in the media this season. He certainly comes across well in person, and obviously has the backing and respect of the players ... or should that be "had"?

If he and Rae can sort out their differences and the whole club can learn from this seasons mistakes and present a more united, positive front in the media I dont see any reason not to offer KB another contract.