The Queen of the South thread

Even if the Queenies didn't turn the floodlights off deliberately (which I can't help but suspect they did), surely a fine is in order for insufficiently maintaining their ground?

A points deduction may be the SFL's course of action mind you, as they maybe slightly sceptical as to how Queens could actually pay a fine whilst carrying the burden of debts in excess of a million quid....

None the less, I second George Adams call for an official investigation.

Even if the Queenies didn't turn the floodlights off deliberately (which I can't help but suspect they did

What on earth would we do that for?

Incompetent and embarrassing, absolutely. But nothing to gain from doing anything underhand.

Part of me would take a points deduction to get us out of the league and some of the skelpings that we're on course to be on the end of next season.

Best place for this I suppose. From the OS - Hope I'm not breaking any of your rules Mr X. ;)

http://www.qosfc.com...aspx?newsid=593

I'm not really sure that it means much beyond its admission of mistakes. We're also being prepared to see lots of Under-19s next year.

Detailed communication like this should probably be welcomed though.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Best place for this I suppose. From the OS - Hope I'm not breaking any of your rules Mr X. ;)

I'm not really sure that it means much beyond its admission of mistakes. We're also being prepared to see lots of Under-19s next year.

Let's hope it means the end of motormouth who has done more to harm the club than anyone.

If he had kept his gob shut, played 4 at the back when he could and gave the boys more games we might have finished in our best position yet and he would still be here next season.

:lol:

No, carry on ;)

Very well worded statement, for me. If this had been put out several weeks ago, or something similar, maybe some of the 'bad blood' between fans and the club and some of the confusion and chinese whispers could have been avoided. Lets hope its not too late and this announcement goes some way to building those bridges again

Let's hope it means the end of motormouth who has done more to harm the club than anyone.

If he had kept his gob shut, played 4 at the back when he could and gave the boys more games we might have finished in our best position yet and he would still be here next season.

But, just think, you'll get a nice new manager to whinge about instead ... how exciting!

But, just think, you'll get a nice new manager to whinge about instead ... how exciting!

I'm sure he doesn't need my help, but I'd tend to defend Kirky here.

The fact that he's found plenty to "whinge" about with regard to the last two managers doesn't mean he'll always moan about whoever's in charge.

It just means that he's in possession of some critical faculties. That's actually not a bad thing.

The fact that he's found plenty to "whinge" about with regard to the last two managers doesn't mean he'll always moan about whoever's in charge.

It just means that he's in possession of some critical faculties. That's actually not a bad thing.

The last two? :lol:

Kirky has been (rightly or wrongly) a steadfast critic of every manager (and the appointment process thereof) we've had since Connolly. That's four anyway. I can't recall if he was posting far enough back to have critiqued Connolly and, if so, what his opinion was.

Sorry, but all the evidence points to the fact that he will

Kirky has been (rightly or wrongly) a steadfast critic of every manager (and the appointment process thereof) we've had since Connolly. That's four anyway. I can't recall if he was posting far enough back to have critiqued Connolly and, if so, what his opinion was.

So he wasn't overly enamoured with Scott or McCall either?

Sounds like the exercising of critical faculties to me.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

I can't remember the last decent manager we had. Connolly was ok but I felt the fans never really got behind him. The appointment process is key IMO. See who applies and pick the best candidate. Money is going to be tight but we need someone who can do a good job.

At least I don't bad mouth the managers once they've gone unlike some on here.

I can't remember the last decent manager we had. Connolly was ok but I felt the fans never really got behind him. The appointment process is key IMO. See who applies and pick the best candidate. Money is going to be tight but we need someone who can do a good job.

At least I don't bad mouth the managers once they've gone unlike some on here.

Aimed at me? I'm presuming not.

I never (or very rarely) directly criticise managers whilst in situ. It would be difficult for me to do so. I'm not really guilty of doing so after they are gone either though.

I did suggest the last time we needed a manager that you be invited to join the application sifting process to save the criticism later. ;)

Aimed at me? I'm presuming not.

I never (or very rarely) directly criticise managers whilst in situ. It would be difficult for me to do so. I'm not really guilty of doing so after they are gone either though.

I did suggest the last time we needed a manager that you be invited to join the application sifting process to save the criticism later. ;)

There's a sifting process?

What happend to Connolly after St.Johnstone? The last time I seen him was at New Broomfield for our home European match.

I can't recall him managing again and I am sure I heard he was working for a golfing magazine. It does seem strange that he would completely pack football in though. You never know, he might fancy a crack at it again if Brannigan leaves at the end of the season.

Sure I remember reading that he was also running a scouting company. The idea was that clubs who for whatever reason could not afford their own scouting system could "hire" a scout to watch their upcoming oppositon & signing targets etc who would then send a detailed report of the findings.

What happend to Connolly after St.Johnstone? The last time I seen him was at New Broomfield for our home European match.

I can't recall him managing again and I am sure I heard he was working for a golfing magazine. It does seem strange that he would completely pack football in though. You never know, he might fancy a crack at it again if Brannigan leaves at the end of the season.

Please no.

Connolly was exactly what the club needed at the time, and we owe him a huge debt for the work he did, but I wouldnt take him back in a million years.