The Queen of the South thread

39 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
55 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:
It baffles me why he's still anywhere near RP tbh.

Aye. I wouldn't want him at this level nevermind where you are. Has he been given an extension or just training with you the now? I thought you had released him.

I think he still has a yr left on his current deal, thou, I didnt pay much attention to it at the time, he's never really shown anything for me to be overly interested.

3 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

Just was hopeful with the positivity going round just now the club would build on it and tart the place up a bit and even clean the roof.

... Steady on now, cleaning the main stand roof could seriously derail our biodiversity standard accreditation application. Need to think these things through carefully....

Just was hopeful with the positivity going round just now the club would build on it and tart the place up a bit and even clean the roof.

Maybe that's the reason we are playing all out friendlies away from home 🤔

I'd settle for them dragging away that old 'Coffee Shop' sign they used to have for The Arena.  It was a sort of triangular Scotland Yard type thing that blew over in high winds four or five years ago.  It's still lying in the old Tesco Car Park which is something of a disgrace.

I've got a thing about signs round that side of the ground.

Maybe that's the reason we are playing all out friendlies away from home 🤔

Yeah. I am encouraged by the positivity at the on field developments too.

Not wishing to burst that particular bubble  but Palmerston is in urgent need of a deep clean, maintenance and a lick of paint. It shouldn’t be left to volunteers either, as I would expect the board to have a realistic annual budget for this.

On the face of it, most of it looks cosmetic, so I am surprised nothing appears to have been done to spruce the place up in a number of years.

So come on board members, ride the wave of positivity, get the overalls on and give the place a good clean. Failing that,  pay some local professionals to do it? 

It looks like we were playing 442. McKechnie was RM when the goal was scored so that must mean the trialist was a LM. Wullie wasn't involved - was he taking a look from the sidelines for this game or is he looking to take a more secondary role this season? I suppose Todd/East/Connelly didn't play so they could have just been playing new signings and younger players.

There was also no Paul McKay. Does anyone know how far away he is from a return from injury? He'll obviously have to build up match fitness again so it'll be good if he's back sooner rather than later.

Unfortunately the goal was scored from McKechnie's side so we can't see who the trialist was in the video Kilmarnock put up. It was a great finish though.

Fitzpatrick is a trialist in partick thistle’s friendly v Alloa tonight 🥲
Tbh I never thought we'd keep both him and Fitzpatrick. I'm delighted we've kept Connolly but now expect Fitzpatrick to go.