The Queen of the South thread

Long time lurker excited for the new season ahead - great to see a bit of continuity with those that have re-signed. Definitely didn't expect to see Connolly back again. Hoping Reilly and Wilson will be solid upgrades too.Ā Ā 

Enjoying the optimism while its here as its never far off disappearing. Won't miss the drudgery of the last few years with whole squad turnovers and knowing you're probably fighting relegation from the off. Ā 

Recruitment definitely moved from a bit of a mixed bag into 'we've got a right good chance'

Just need to announce Fitzpatrick and we'll stroll it :D

East and Connelly, very decent business there.Ā  Interesting that East had offers from higher leagues - maybe liked working with Gibson in charge (couldn't have been the money, Shirley)?

Should we still hold out any hope for Fitzpatrick too, or is that a hope too far?Ā  If Fitzy signs on again too, I might just need to have a wee lie down.

Edited by Otis Blue

Excellent hyphen usage.

You can stay.

Long time lurker excited for the new season ahead - great to see a bit of continuity with those that have re-signed. Definitely didn't expect to see Connolly back again. Hoping Reilly and Wilson will be solid upgrades too.Ā Ā 
Enjoying the optimism while its here as its never far off disappearing. Won't miss the drudgery of the last few years with whole squad turnovers and knowing you're probably fighting relegation from the off. Ā 
Recruitment definitely moved from a bit of a mixed bag into 'we've got a right good chance'
Just need to announce Fitzpatrick and we'll stroll it [emoji3]

Very happy with how we are shaping up. That give us cover down left hand side of defence now. Connelly gives us that bit of quality. A bit of experience and leadership still needed for me, as much as I think weā€™re well covered in middle of defence, broadfoot would be massive, Iā€™d probably take Michael Doyle back for right back which would give us both. If on top of that we could add Fitzpatrick that would be absolutely huge but not getting excited

I'd take Doyle back, too. Captained Queens Park to promotion from league one last year and knows the club. On paper that'd be a pretty good signing.

Very happy with how we are shaping up. That give us cover down left hand side of defence now. Connelly gives us that bit of quality. A bit of experience and leadership still needed for me, as much as I think weā€™re well covered in middle of defence, broadfoot would be massive, Iā€™d probably take Michael Doyle back for right back which would give us both. If on top of that we could add Fitzpatrick that would be absolutely huge but not getting excited

I agree with whatā€™s been said here. A bit more experience and leadership (Broadfoot or Doyle) and another winger and I think we have a chance of a good season. Can then just possibly get a loan in if needed. I canā€™t remember in the last few years anyway us having a team ready for preseason beginning!

Really pleased to see both East & Connelly returning for the season ahead. Ā Lee has to ability to change games with some of his magic and Euan is an extremely versatile player.

Ā 

Have Queens ever thought about taking Ā photographs when the players sign or even updating the ones on the OS ?Ā 
Maybe not majorly important to some but itā€™s basic some that all clubs do šŸ˜œ

Ā 

Ā 

A picture of new player holding a scarf?

Agreed to be fair. Also shouldn't be hard with them doing pre season. Bios on website would be nice too. The returning players have old ones next to them and one player, cannae mind who, has a reference to 'new manager Alan Johnstone' in his bio.

Not a criticism of club, as I know it's volunteer-led, more a wishlist.

Some social pics of players doing pre season training can't be that difficult to sort. Few pics and a 'great to see the lads again' etc. Nice bit of easy social.

Really pleased to see both East & Connelly returning for the season ahead. Ā Lee has to ability to change games with some of his magic and Euan is an extremely versatile player.
Ā 
Have Queens ever thought about taking Ā photographs when the players sign or even updating the ones on the OS ?Ā 
Maybe not majorly important to some but itā€™s basic some that all clubs do [emoji12]
Ā 
Ā 

That's a tremendous piece of business getting Connolly back! Honestly thought the boy had checked out near the end as he knew he was heading off to bigger things; which he could easily do going by his early season form.

Happy to see East back as well, hopefully to play CB again and continue to develop. Shaping up really well I think and I'm certainly a lot more confident of doing well next season now than I was when we came down. Excellent work by Gibson so far.

I was absolutely delighted that Connelly had resigned. But I then had to re-sign myself to the fact that we now have to endure another year of people spelling his name incorrectly. I think now that we all know the difference between resign and re-sign, we should teach ourselves the correct spelling of Lee's name!

3 minutes ago, Doonhamer19 said:

I was absolutely delighted that Connelly had resigned. But I then had to re-sign myself to the fact that we now have to endure another year of people spelling his name incorrectly. I think now that we all know the difference between resign and re-sign, we should teach ourselves the correct spelling of Lee's name!

To avoid calling Connelly Connolly maybe we should just refer to him as Leigh from now onĀ šŸ˜‰

Settle [emoji15][emoji23]
He's right, though. It won't be any more than 9 places from top. Relatively speaking, 9 is a low number.Ā 
Couple of really good pieces of business today.Ā 
Too greedy to want Fitzpatrick too?Ā 
Tbh, I'd be content with that midfield if we were in the Championship next season. I think we need another striker and a solid addition at the back. We're in a better position than I thought we'd be. Hopefully the boys gel quickly this season.