The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Because he was making a joke about people constantly pressing for us to re-sign goalkeepers who once played for us.

Were you genuinely whoooshed or have I been, in explaining it?

Oh right I see. Well on that front why not have realistic prospects like Lee Robinson for example...

11 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Oh right I see. Well on that front why not have realistic prospects like Lee Robinson for example...

FFS!

Because he was mocking the practice; not endorsing it and genuinely looking to join in.

Very pleased to see McGrory re-signing.  He could have done a job at another Championship club.

Hopefully McKechnie can get a run of games next season, we haven't seen much of him but I think that he has shown some promise and maturity.

As for the news on Joseph...

Larry David Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF - Larry David Curb Your Enthusiasm Curb GIFs

Joseph didn't really feature enough for me to be too over-excited that he's away, he was an average squad player of which there are plenty foating about. It wasn't like he was played in every game he was available for yet continued to be utter dross unlike a certain striker. Joseph will soon have disappeared from memory, if only we could forget Cameron's "contributions" so quickly. 

Joseph didn't really feature enough for me to be too over-excited that he's away, he was an average squad player of which there are plenty foating about. It wasn't like he was played in every game he was available for yet continued to be utter dross unlike a certain striker. Joseph will soon have disappeared from memory, if only we could forget Cameron's "contributions" so quickly. 
He probably featured more often than you recall but given he was a complete ghost in the middle it's understandable to have forgotten. A truly awful excuse for a footballer.

As far as I can see Cameron is still a Killie player and not on the list of frees. God knows what they see in him but looks like he'll be loaned out to another club next season, and probably achieve a treble and get them relegated also.

13 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

As far as I can see Cameron is still a Killie player and not on the list of frees. God knows what they see in him but looks like he'll be loaned out to another club next season, and probably achieve a treble and get them relegated also.

Yeah but he's a Club Icon at Wemyss Bay in my FM game

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, Fae_the_ said:

He probably featured more often than you recall but given he was a complete ghost in the middle it's understandable to have forgotten. A truly awful excuse for a footballer.

He played 728 minutes in the Championship over his 2 seasons, effectively 8 full games. I know you hate him but he was just a fringe player, and whilst he wasn't good enough to start I'm sure paying him less than £300 a week didn't dent the wage bill too much.

He played 728 minutes in the Championship over his 2 seasons, effectively 8 full games. I know you hate him but he was just a fringe player, and whilst he wasn't good enough to start I'm sure paying him less than £300 a week didn't dent the wage bill too much.
By that logic we should just keep shit players if they're cheap? He wasn't good enough even for the fringe.

15 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
20 minutes ago, Doonhamer19 said:

By that logic we should just keep shit players if they're cheap? He wasn't good enough even for the fringe.

I wasn't suggesting that we keep him, or even that he deserved more of a chance, only that his release doesn't warrant the celebration it's got (and he doesn't deserve the abuse he's got) when there are players who have also been rubbish but with gametime as well.

I wasn't suggesting that we keep him, or even that he deserved more of a chance, only that his release doesn't warrant the celebration it's got (and he doesn't deserve the abuse he's got) when there are players who have also been rubbish but with gametime as well.

It's always worth celebrating a garbage player being released. I'm more relieved now because he wasn't on the first list and I had a horrible feeling he may have been offered a contract. He hasn't received any abuse, that's pushing it.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's always worth celebrating a garbage player being released. I'm more relieved now because he wasn't on the first list and I had a horrible feeling he may have been offered a contract. He hasn't received any abuse, that's pushing it.

I understand the relief given his absence on the first list, I'm probably relieved as well. Abuse was a bit strong but you can hardly say he's been treated graciously by the support.

I understand the relief given his absence on the first list, I'm probably relieved as well. Abuse was a bit strong but you can hardly say he's been treated graciously by the support.

Given how shite he was I think he was treated fine. We're not really an abusive support regardless of the utter utter dross we've had through the years. At games the most I ever heard towards Joseph was a groan. Similarly with Cameron, he was rotten but I don't think I ever heard him receive actual abuse.

Folk are far more vocal in here than they are at Palmerston. It's easy enough for players to avoid it on social media though. Even then, I don't think I've said or read anything about Joseph that has crossed a line.