The Queen of the South thread

1 hour ago, Manwithnoball said:

Dom Thomas signed for Queens Park on pre contract. Shows that they are willing to spend money again although they might already be in the championship. If they stay in L1 them Falkirk, Kelty and Dunfermline will be paying good money. Here's hoping WG gets the players he wants early as we could be outbid by clubs with higher budgets.

Thomas is a talented player but he certainly flatters to deceive. Fans continually rave about him but he keeps on dropping down the leagues season after season. Didn’t exactly set the heather on fire at EEP despite playing a few good games.

24 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Thomas is a talented player but he certainly flatters to deceive. Fans continually rave about him but he keeps on dropping down the leagues season after season. Didn’t exactly set the heather on fire at EEP despite playing a few good games.

Missed a good part of the season thru injury, although he plays well in fits and starts. From Celtic's Academy to Motherwell, Kilmarnock, Queen of the South (loan spells), Dumbarton (loan spells) then Dunfermline and now a pre contract with Queen's Park he seems to need a sustained run in a team to gain a good run of form.

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 hours ago, Otis Blue said:
Yep. The last season we had down there we were arguably the largest fish in the pond (relatively) and we absolutely scooshed it winning the league by March . This is going to be a whole lot different ...

Daft as it sounds I'm quite happy it's going to be competitive this time. The last time was a rare treat seeing us scoosh the division as you say, but I found it pretty boring overall if I'm honest. I know I'll be in a very tiny minority with that view but rocking up to a game thinking "I wonder how many we'll win by" rather than "I wonder if we can sneak a win today" just isn't for me. If it was I'd be a gloryhunter and tag on to one of the bigot sisters like so many do. Winning the division next season will actually be an accomplishment given the budgets and sizes of clubs we'll be sharing it with.

You won't need to worry about being bored next season..

4 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

It’s in the accounts each year under pitch renewal provision - £20,000 

It's been well documented Queens are quite cash rich so probably no fears.

But hey, on a finance point of view- it would definitely be better for Queens if Annan beat Edinburgh City in the play off finals- that's apart from local interest.

Connor Murray's been freed by Partick Thistle, a possible target for Queens or a no thanks? 

No from me. Too slow for wing not clinical enough for 10. Was apparent how much we needed pace out there when Fitzpatrick got his injury

4 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Connor Murray's been freed by Partick Thistle, a possible target for Queens or a no thanks? 

Too inconsistent for my liking.

Murray isn't a wide player tbh. For the 18s he was an absolute stand out at the time playing just behind the strikers. Sadly he never got the chance to do that role for the first team. If Gibson brought him in to do that role I'd be happy to see him return. If he came back to play at RM then it's a no from me.

Was never that impressed, although he might do better at a level below.

Think we need to try for better if we are serious about challenging next season.

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Was never that impressed, although he might do better at a level below.

Think we need to try for better if we are serious about challenging next season.

Obviously need to try for better but at the risk of sounding like a broken record, budget will dictate the quality of signing we make, and we'll be about middle of the pecking order in the division.