The Queen of the South thread

Wullie saying he’s spoke to a few players who are happy to stay next season and a few are holding off for better offers in his interview. Hopefully get 5/6 more from current squad signed up for next year.

12 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Wullie saying he’s spoke to a few players who are happy to stay next season and a few are holding off for better offers in his interview. Hopefully get 5/6 more from current squad signed up for next year.

Think that tells us he has been given the go ahead to start getting building his own squad

13 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Think that tells us he has been given the go ahead to start getting building his own squad

Think he’s got a rough idea he’s got the job but he said he’ll know for sure start of next week. I just think he’s too much of an important player to lose, but hopefully we get a few more experienced players in so Willie can concentrate more on his own game whilst playing, rather than trying to do everything.

I personally would like to see a few local players at the club next year, builds a level of engagement with the fans we haven’t had in a few years. Would love to see Reilly, Moxen and even Muirhead at the club next season.

10 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
19 hours ago, queenslad said:
What has happened to Aly Roy last two games - injured?

If I told you he was playing would you really doubt it?...

I asked what had happened to him in the last two matches as he wasn't named in starting 11 or in list of subs. It was nothing to do with his playing ability.

Is he injured, dropped or what? Maybe I missed an update somewhere 

My thoughts give WG job on a 2 year deal allow him to sign up some of our players from this season if they want to stay. For me I would keep Rae, East, McGrory and Connelly. Connelly stock must have dropped since January as his performances and goals have dropped. Add Muirhead, Reilly plus signed players gives us a really good base to start from. Get signings done early. 

22 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

My thoughts give WG job on a 2 year deal allow him to sign up some of our players from this season if they want to stay. For me I would keep Rae, East, McGrory and Connelly. Connelly stock must have dropped since January as his performances and goals have dropped. Add Muirhead, Reilly plus signed players gives us a really good base to start from. Get signings done early. 

We must try and keep Fitzpatrick too 

I asked what had happened to him in the last two matches as he wasn't named in starting 11 or in list of subs. It was nothing to do with his playing ability.
Is he injured, dropped or what? Maybe I missed an update somewhere 

I think you missed the joke.

As much as I'll be happy enough for Gibson to get the job I'll be absolutely furious if he is given a 2 year deal.

6 hours ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Talking of goalscorers , I see the legend that is Derek Lyle - one of our best ever - is hanging up his boots today.  

I will never forget his goal vs Rangers in April 2051  - superb technique - and his controlled volley at home to Falkirk a few days later both of which cemented our place in the play-offs. 

Have to also mention his header at Ibrox that levelled the tie in the play offs.  He laid it out wide to Danny then made his run into the box to get on the end of the cross ahead of several defenders and he almost got us back into it after Rangers had scored with his exquisite curling effort to the 'postage stamp' that Vuckic just managed to keep out with his head.  THOSE WERE THE DAYS !

Could have done with him this season given the woeful return from our so called strikers !

Didn't know you could see 29 years into the future and Derek Lyle still playing aged 70....

Think you meant 2011......not 2051....

30 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Didn't know you could see 29 years into the future and Derek Lyle still playing aged 70....

Think you meant 2011......not 2051....

He actually meant 2015. Smart arse.

I'm hoping that decisions made for next season are done early, so the new squad can have a proper preseason together. I would keep the core of this squad but replace those leaving with local players and/or those with experience. This is what I'd do:

Give Gibson a 1 year contract as player/manager.

Offer contract (in order of how much I'd want them to sign): Connelly, Rae, East, McGrory, Fitzpatrick, Cooper, Roy, Nditi

Transfer options: Gavin Reilly, Aaron Muirhead, Owen Moxon, Tommy Goss, Kyle Jacobs, Dan Pybus

I would also try to sign O'Connor if released but expect he'll be given a new contract.

11 minutes ago, Doonhamer19 said:

I'm hoping that decisions made for next season are done early, so the new squad can have a proper preseason together. I would keep the core of this squad but replace those leaving with local players and/or those with experience. This is what I'd do:

Offer contract (in order of how much I'd want them to sign): Connelly, Rae, East, McGrory, Fitzpatrick, Cooper, Roy, Nditi

Transfer options: Gavin Reilly, Aaron Muirhead, Owen Moxon, Tommy Goss, Kyle Jacobs, Dan Pybus

I would also try to sign O'Connor if released but expect he'll be given a new contract.

Mine are:

Gibson one year deal as player/manager

Contracts: Rae, East, Connelly, Fitzpatrick, McGrory,.

Transfers- Muirhead, Gavin Reilly, Owen Moxen, Grant Savoury, Matty Yates, Euan Henderson (loan), Mouhamed Niang

Think our transfer model should be older players dropping down from the Championship and good younger players from League 1 and 2

Edited by QoS99

19 minutes ago, Doonhamer19 said:

Tommy Goss and Dan Pybus No thanks 

18 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Tommy Goss and Dan Pybus No thanks 

Pybus was a bit of a random shout to be honest.

Goss has scored 12 goals for Annan in League 2 so if they don't get promoted I think we should look at him. We need squad players and he definitely wouldn't be our worst option. I think we have to remember we're dropping down a division so there isn't as big a step up in quality as before.

Edited by Doonhamer19