The Queen of the South thread

I agree that the team you play for doesn't define your ability or that players can't take the step up.

But I don't believe that the best strategy to get out of League one is to sign players who have been OK in league two.

Low is a good example. I don't recall many on here at the time being all that disappointed he wasn't re-signed by us. Don't think he set the heather alight in his short stint with us. No one could have then predicted what he would have done this season.

That is absolute nonsense. You have players like Nicky Low playing for East Sterlingshire recently who then joins Arbroath and is one of their better players. Or, look at the majority of the Arbroath squad who were playing with them in League 2. We got Rhys McCabe from Brechin, bottom of League 2, who is now playing for Airdrie who are unbeaten in ages at this level. The team they play for does not define their ability or mean they cannot make the step up.

Guest Flash
43 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

What’s this bump nonsense

Some threads have been getting spammed at night by bots and @19QOS19 was bumping a couple of Queens related ones so users didn’t have to scroll through all the shite. The spam was subsequently deleted.

40 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

I agree that the team you play for doesn't define your ability or that players can't take the step up.

But I don't believe that the best strategy to get out of League one is to sign players who have been OK in league two.

Low is a good example. I don't recall many on here at the time being all that disappointed he wasn't re-signed by us. Don't think he set the heather alight in his short stint with us. No one could have then predicted what he would have done this season.

Yeah I agree, but I doubt we will exclusively be recruiting players from the Lower Leagues anyway. And, I was gutted when Low left, anytime he played for us he was one of our best players. It’s just his injury record which meant that people weren’t bothered he never stayed, going back to part time football has looked like it’s helped him.

I was delighted when he signed as friends who are Aberdeen fans used to talk about him as one for the future.

Thought he showed glimpses with us but maybe it felt a risk taking a punt on him. Looked at times like injuries and fitness caught up with him. He's some player though, pulls strings for Arbroath, and some set pieces.

Would be cracking having someone who could take set pieces that create chances/goals. Could easily have been the difference between staying up and relegation.

Yeah I agree, but I doubt we will exclusively be recruiting players from the Lower Leagues anyway. And, I was gutted when Low left, anytime he played for us he was one of our best players. It’s just his injury record which meant that people weren’t bothered he never stayed, going back to part time football has looked like it’s helped him.