The Queen of the South thread

Is there any talks of player contract extensions or possible signings for next season? Seen someone say Aaron Muirhead but would doubt that.

Owen Moxen got in team of the year in League 2. He was a player at the time I thought we got rid of too early, would like to see him back for next season.

2 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

Is there any talks of player contract extensions or possible signings for next season? Seen someone say Aaron Muirhead but would doubt that.

Owen Moxen got in team of the year in League 2. He was a player at the time I thought we got rid of too early, would like to see him back for next season.

As much as I dislike Muirhead, he is the type of dirty horrible twat we need in the heart of defence,

definitely think we need to look at a few Annan players owen Moxon definitely I would love us to resign Tommy I don’t think he was given a fair chance with us.(would they want to come back full time on the money we offer or could we go a hybrid model)

Definitely need more experience next year.

I can’t be the only person that hopes we get more of a professional coaching set up look at other clubs that come down to palmy and they have a plethora of coaches, we have wullie the gaffer taking our warm up wullie should be watching how the warms up are going seeing who looks up for the game( I know he also needs to warm up if he continues to play) 

3 minutes ago, temps15 said:

As much as I dislike Muirhead, he is the type of dirty horrible twat we need in the heart of defence,

definitely think we need to look at a few Annan players owen Moxon definitely I would love us to resign Tommy I don’t think he was given a fair chance with us.(would they want to come back full time on the money we offer or could we go a hybrid model)

I can’t be the only person that hopes we get more of a professional coaching set up look at other clubs that come down to palmy and they have a plethora of coaches, we have wullie the gaffer taking our warm up wullie should be watching how the warms up are going seeing who looks up for the game( I know he also needs to warm up if he continues to play) 

Yeah I agree regarding Moxen and Muirhead. I personally wouldn’t resign Tommy as I think he’s probably a yard too slow though.

It’s been a problem with us for years with the coaching. Going back as far as Eddie Warwick taken the pre match warmup. I’ve thought that before that we always look tinpot when warming up compared to most teams that come to Palmerston

How many coaches do you want? Wullie takes a bit of the pre-match warm up then Grant Murray takes over. We've got a goalie coach and it looks like Dan Armstrong takes the subs pre-match and  at half time. Ideally we could also employ a (much needed) striker coach, and a defensive coach but I'd rather see money being spent on players rather than extra coaches, especially at this level. Someone doing a bit of coaching voluntarily would be ok, I believe Billy Dodds did that under Chisholm, but even he didn't actually go to many matches. One small thing that bugs me on match days and looks amateurish,  is the subs having to clear up the pre-match warm-up equipment, cones, football, etc. Surely a couple of youth players or ball boys could be asked to do that at home games, and Kev the groundsman and his helper could do it at away games. He takes the strips and equipment to away games in the club van, what he does after it's all set up before kick-off I've no idea, he could maybe spare 10 minutes. It's little things like this that make the club look a bit tin pot to me. 

On 25/04/2022 at 18:18, qos1990 said:

Who’s been out of work a number of years?

Ian Mccall was out of work for even longer. He doesn't seem to be doing too badly eh?

On 25/04/2022 at 18:28, MallanandFlanagan said:

No to Jim McIntyre for me. He doesn't give a s#@t about Queens. He legged it as soon as Ross County flashed their knickers! Give the job to Wullie.

Do you think Wullie would hang around if a Premiership club came in for him and doubled his wages?

On 25/04/2022 at 20:27, queenslad said:

Who says Gibson cannot be a player manager with support from Grant Murray like its been over past 2 months?

Anyone who has been watching us for the last month. It clearly hasn't worked. Murray doesn't have the authority to make decisions from the touchline and Gibson is too caught up in the game.

4 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

How many coaches do you want? Wullie takes a bit of the pre-match warm up then Grant Murray takes over. We've got a goalie coach and it looks like Dan Armstrong takes the subs pre-match and  at half time. Ideally we could also employ a (much needed) striker coach, and a defensive coach but I'd rather see money being spent on players rather than extra coaches, especially at this level. Someone doing a bit of coaching voluntarily would be ok, I believe Billy Dodds did that under Chisholm, but even he didn't actually go to many matches. One small thing that bugs me on match days and looks amateurish,  is the subs having to clear up the pre-match warm-up equipment, cones, football, etc. Surely a couple of youth players or ball boys could be asked to do that at home games, and Kev the groundsman and his helper could do it at away games. He takes the strips and equipment to away games in the club van, what he does after it's all set up before kick-off I've no idea, he could maybe spare 10 minutes. It's little things like this that make the club look a bit tin pot to me. 

Shouldn’t Dan be in hospitality on match day ? 

So having been relegated from championship due to having players who aren't good enough you propose signing league two players to compete in league one?

18 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

So having been relegated from championship due to having players who aren't good enough you propose signing league two players to compete in league one?

I would quite happily take a player that has been nominated for the team of the year in league two.

we are not exactly a massively attractive proposition at the moment are we.

4 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Shouldn’t Dan be in hospitality on match day ? 

What as, cook or waiter? I'm sure everything is In place in hospitality well in advance of the game. I don't think the Commercial Manager actually needs to be present for it to operate. 

7 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

What as, cook or waiter? I'm sure everything is In place in hospitality well in advance of the game. I don't think the Commercial Manager actually needs to be present for it to operate. 

I think the fact the Commercial Manager is on the pitch on match days kind of makes the point. 

It’s a bit non-league.  

5 hours ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

That is absolute nonsense. You have players like Nicky Low playing for East Sterlingshire recently who then joins Arbroath and is one of their better players. Or, look at the majority of the Arbroath squad who were playing with them in League 2. We got Rhys McCabe from Brechin, bottom of League 2, who is now playing for Airdrie who are unbeaten in ages at this level. The team they play for does not define their ability or mean they cannot make the step up.

Few photos from my visit on Saturday. Weather was great, apart from the wind and the result obviously. Although we left just after we scored, because my son wasn't feeling well, so technically we witnessed a 1-0 victory! Hopefully it won't be another 4 years until we can visit again.

mini-DSC_1756 1.JPG

mini-DSC_1757 1.JPG

mini-DSC_1759 1.JPG