The Queen of the South thread

6 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I really don’t get why you guys have given up on 9th place. 3 wins from 5 would get you at least 9th and is definitely achievable. Especially if you beat both Dunfermline and Ayr.

Arithmetic is all fine and dandy NTG, eh?

Trouble is, you're talking here about a team that's only won 6 league games all season.  More to the point, in this critical final quarter we're now on a run of 4 straight defeats when every match is supposed to be a "cup final".  It's conceivable that we could pick up the odd draw, but everyone knows when you're in this depth of shit its wins and three points that's required and of course the teams above will pick up the odd win here and there.  So I've put Kelty in my sat nav this morning!

I'm fine with this, sod the stress and high blood pressure lark - just embrace the situation and on to next season.

18 hours ago, Flash said:

I think Connelly is good enough for a Championship team to want to sign so he’ll likely be away. Could probably say the same for Fitzpatrick although other clubs might have doubts over his workrate so they might not want to take the risk. Can’t see him wanting to play in League 1, though. Rae might get a gig in the Championship as well.

Would take Connelly at Cappielow although he's 22 so compo would be required.

Would you take Kyle Jacobs back? Imrie doesnt seem to rate him but he does have a year left on his contract after Gus gave him a 2 year deal in the Summer. I would imagine he will leave if we can agree a deal with him.

Would you take Kyle Jacobs back? Imrie doesnt seem to rate him but he does have a year left on his contract after Gus gave him a 2 year deal in the Summer. I would imagine he will leave if we can agree a deal with him.

A midfielder that isn't a complete shitebag? Not sure he'd fit in here tbh.

39 minutes ago, madton said:

Queens would have Kyle Jacobs back I reckon...

53 minutes ago, madton said:

No compo required he only signed for QOS last summer

I think the chances of Connolly and Rae re- signing are virtually zero if relegated and maybe 5%if we stay up. Rae has to decide if he wants to be a No 1 for a lesser club or a better paid No 2 elsewhere. Connolly is a good Championship player but when you see how Shields has struggled to get many starts for Motherwell it highlights the step up.Another  Championship club will likely secure his services.

Of the rest I would be happy to keep - East, Fitzpatrick, McGrory, Nditi, McKechnie in that order.Cooper because of his left peg on balance I would keep.Honestly wouldn’t be that bothered if any of them decided to move on. League 1 bottom strata of Championship is their level - good luck to them if they   land a better proposition.

5 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

I’m sitting here watching to see how Max Johnston is getting on for Scotland U19 and he’s just been substituted first half due to an injury. 

That's just typical ain't it right before the Cup Final....

Down to the bare bones and also Cameron and Gordon be cup tied for Sunday 
C276C734-6F45-4236-A090-0ED981927D96.thumb.jpeg.eff6afba281def5ca481bb5692330837.jpeg

Can't say any of those updates is bad news tbh. Cameron is another striker that doesn't score, Gordon has been anonymous any time I've seen him. Of the ones injured I wasn't expecting any to return. Folarin hasn't featured enough for me to care.

It's arguably a positive update as it says McGrory is available. Think he's been a miss for us.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can't say any of those updates is bad news tbh. Cameron is another striker that doesn't score, Gordon has been anonymous any time I've seen him. Of the ones injured I wasn't expecting any to return. Folarin hasn't featured enough for me to care.

It's arguably a positive update as it says McGrory is available. Think he's been a miss for us.

Connelly and Cochrane back anyway, it’s just getting them back up to speed. 

Hopefully they get a wee run out for fitness purposes. I certainly wouldn't be rushing them back in for Sunday though.

Guest Flash
4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
2 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Hopefully they get a wee run out for fitness purposes. I certainly wouldn't be rushing them back in for Sunday though.

They both played 45 mins on Saturday so I expect they will both start. They’ll maybe get taken off after 70-75 mins just prior to the traditional arse collapse point.

12 hours ago, Fitbafollower said:

Is the Queens board going to appoint Wullie Gibson as manager for the next season or two regardless of what league they end up 

I see he has extended some contracts and will have been speaking to players for next season?

At the moment he's in charge til the end of this season I believe.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's been told the jobs his beyond then though. Its not unheard for us to sign players with an interim manager in place, I'm sure we signed some players/extended contracts when Jim Thomson was in temporary charge (between Skelton and Naysmith) and he had made it clear he didn't want the gig full time. I'm not sure to what extent WG would be involved in these decisions, unless he already has some indication he's being kept on.