The Queen of the South thread

Same. Isn't good enough. Not that any of our strikers are

I wish Roy was greedy, that would imply he was comfortable on the ball. He spent the game yesterday pretending he was challenging for headers and closing down defenders. The only time I saw him busting a gut was when the ball was clearly never going to be caught. Him shitebagging out of a 50/50 summed the guy up. I really hope Gibson doesn't offer him a deal.

16 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Gibson's the Manager, he was on the park, he could/should have stopped the long ball rubbish if he wasn't happy with it. I've not seen any replays but blaming Rae for the goal seems harsh to me too, two defenders hesitating in dealing with the ball coming in allowed the Raith player the chance to score. As for the overall display, Cameron looked like he was running through wet cement,  Roy and Paton were ineffective 'cos they weren't getting ball to feet, Gordon and Todd were empty jerseys, Johnston and O'Connor were as shaky as their early appearances for the club. It was so similar to an AJ Managerial masterclass that even the substitutes were not introduced early enough. 

Your post is spot on it was like watching a AJ team again really thought we were past that but back to square one again .

Is that the new manager bounce gone .

Massive improvement is needed that includes the manager as well 

I totally agree with Fae the Briggs post. We desperately need players back especially Connelly as our forwards are really struggling and he was the only one consistently scoring goals. I would when we get players back to see WG back on the right whether it is FB or RM. Big Cameron works hard but he and Junior are not going to pull us out of this horrible season.  

18 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Gibson's the Manager, he was on the park, he could/should have stopped the long ball rubbish if he wasn't happy with it.

Exactly.  I am genuinely mystified as to why he didn't.

1 hour ago, oldhat said:

Exactly.  I am genuinely mystified as to why he didn't.

I doubt if it's that easy to be honest.

A lot of punts forward result, not from strategy, but from a dearth of options when a defender has the ball at his feet and is coming under pressure.  It reflects not just the launcher's limitations, but also what's on for him when he lifts his head.

On a day like yesterday when the midfield is barely visible and so many individuals performed poorly, it's something the side collectively falls into.  Because it's not necessarily entered into consciously, it's not necessarily easily snapped out of either. 

On 13/03/2022 at 20:55, Monkey Tennis said:

I doubt if it's that easy to be honest.

A lot of punts forward result, not from strategy, but from a dearth of options when a defender has the ball at his feet and is coming under pressure.  It reflects not just the launcher's limitations, but also what's on for him when he lifts his head.

On a day like yesterday when the midfield is barely visible and so many individuals performed poorly, it's something the side collectively falls into.  Because it's not necessarily entered into consciously, it's not necessarily easily snapped out of either. 

With Wullie and Josh Todd in midfield they should have been demanding the ball off the defenders .

Wullie should play at right back that is his best position he can start play from the back.

On Wullie.he  should not have a go at a individual player.

No need for him to pick out Josh Rae for his mistake at the goal he was not the only one at fault you win and lose as a team .  

6 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

With Wullie and Josh Todd in midfield they should have been demanding the ball off the defenders .

Wullie should play at right back that is his best position he can start play from the back.

No need for him to pick out Josh Rae for his mistake at the goal he was not the only one at fault you win and lose as a team .  

Has someone hacked green acre's account?  I tend to agree with these points.

35 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

To be fair Toddy has been posted missing for last 2 games.

11 hours ago, Manwithnoball said:

To be fair Toddy has been posted missing for last 2 games.

Aye, I thought Todd looked a bit jaded against Partick, got caught in possession a few times, so did Wullie tbf, and that was early in the game so can't blame the pitch for tired legs at that stage. On Saturday I think Raith's high tempo, pressing game didn't give him any time on the ball before he was closed down, and he probably was forced to play a bit  deeper, plus the midfield was by-passed a lot of the time. He did come more into it second half, as did the whole team, but I'm not convinced he's got the legs for 90 minutes in every game. 

1 hour ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Max Johnston called up to Scotland Under 19 squad. 

http://www.qosfc.com/news-5717

Fair play to him, he took a bit of time to get going at Queens but he eventually warranted his place in the team. The last two games he's not been so impressive but that could be said for the whole team tbf. 

6 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Max Johnston called up to Scotland Under 19 squad. 

http://www.qosfc.com/news-5717

Seeing him on the pitch and in pics it's still difficult to believe he's not long turned 18.  How many of those years has he spent locked in a gym building up that physique?  

Guest Flash
15 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

6. 2 for Roy, Cameron 3, Junior 1. 

Only one less than Dobbie scored in 8 days in the games v Falkirk and Ayr in 2018.

Guest Flash
26 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Christ, really? That speaks volumes.

Junior's goals per minute ratio must be fairly terrible...

From the stats on Soccerbase, Junior scores a league goal once every 1,122 minutes, or 1 goal for every 12 and a half games played.
Cameron is one goal every 493 minutes, or 1 goal for every 5 and a half games played.
Roy is the most prolific, scoring one goal every 376 minutes, or 1 goal for every 4.2 games played.