The Queen of the South thread

4 hours ago, qos_75 said:

All of them are fine so long as they have a decent colour of shorts and sock to go with them.

Navy shorts and white socks would go with them all apart from the gold shirt. 

Navy shorts with the socks being whatever colour the shirt is I reckon.

Good point though, it's good to get a selection where any option would be ok, no stinkers in sight

On 28/02/2022 at 10:10, D'Jaffo said:

I’m sure most Queens fans on here would be quite happy for you to run into a brick wall.

I have tried to run into a brick wall did it tonight after our win at Cove I have just ran through it as every Queens player would for Wullie another brilliant.win.

Only worry is tired legs for Saturday 

How are you bottom? Thought you were excellent tonight. Liked your big centre.
Good luck for the rest of the season.

Because we stuck with a complete donkey of a manager for far too long. A lot of fans could see that although this group of players aren't world beaters, a manager who didn't set them up to not lose every single game could get them playing football.

Massive credit to the defence btw. Absolutely outstanding stuff the last 3 games.

'Fun Fact' - the last time we kept a clean sheet 3 games in a row was September 2016. Take a bow defence.

Guest Flash
7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Massive credit to the defence btw. Absolutely outstanding stuff the last 3 games.

'Fun Fact' - the last time we kept a clean sheet 3 games in a row was September 2016. Take a bow defence.

And we’ve only conceded one goal in the Challenge Cup this season.
Also join ICT and Ross County as the only teams to get to 5 Challenge Cup finals.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Even Debayo? 

O/T I see Jones is having a good game for Boro. Extra time V Spurs. 

Even Debayo? 
O/T I see Jones is having a good game for Boro. Extra time V Spurs. 

I was going to say excluding him but gave him a break seeing as he was involved tonight. He is pish mind you.

10 hours ago, Greenacres said:

I have tried to run into a brick wall did it tonight after our win at Cove I have just ran through it as every Queens player would for Wullie another brilliant.win.

Only worry is tired legs for Saturday 

Could you not just have left it at the positives? Did you have to add a negative at the end?

Away strip, my vote ...

1 - Yellow plain - why?  Cos I think we had this years ago and I liked it, and ..... with blue shorts it would have the Ukrainian national flag colours!

2 - Turquoise - deep down I really like this, a close second, but Ukraine tops everything just now

3 - Sky blue - I also like,  but I'm thinking if there's a clash of colours with the other team then should we not just steer away from any shade of blue?

4 - Yellow with squiggly stuff - nah, prefer plain yellow

5 - Gold - it just looks guff

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Away strip, my vote ...

1 - Yellow plain - why?  Cos I think we had this years ago and I liked it, and ..... with blue shorts it would have the Ukrainian national flag colours!

2 - Turquoise - deep down I really like this, a close second, but Ukraine tops everything just now

3 - Sky blue - I also like,  but I'm thinking if there's a clash of colours with the other team then should we not just steer away from any shade of blue?

4 - Yellow with squiggly stuff - nah, prefer plain yellow

5 - Gold - it just looks guff

There’s a turquoise leisure top in the club shop the same colour as the one we’ve to vote for and I can confirm it’s horrendous. 

27 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

There’s a turquoise leisure top in the club shop the same colour as the one we’ve to vote for and I can confirm it’s horrendous. 

Cheers, nothing like seeing it first hand.

On 01/03/2022 at 21:45, 19QOS19 said:

Because we stuck with a complete donkey of a manager for far too long. A lot of fans could see that although this group of players aren't world beaters, a manager who didn't set them up to not lose every single game could get them playing football.

Very disrespectful.  Yes, we had to make a change for current circumstances but let's not forget what AJ did for our Club.

A great trophy double and record breaking season with arguably the most attacking exciting football I have seen at Palmerston in 45 years. 

Saved us from the drop when Naysmith very nearly took us straight down.  Very similar as tank was empty under Naysmith at that point and we would not have survived play offs had we not made change just as we probably would be straight down this season had we not changed.

He is a decent guy who has always been respectful to the Club, surely not too much to ask to afford him the same.

Suppose it depends what sort of human being you are and what your values are.

35 minutes ago, Nithsdale Wanderer said:

Very disrespectful.  Yes, we had to make a change for current circumstances but let's not forget what AJ did for our Club.

A great trophy double and record breaking season with arguably the most attacking exciting football I have seen at Palmerston in 45 years. 

Saved us from the drop when Naysmith very nearly took us straight down.  Very similar as tank was empty under Naysmith at that point and we would not have survived play offs had we not made change just as we probably would be straight down this season had we not changed.

He is a decent guy who has always been respectful to the Club, surely not too much to ask to afford him the same.

Sorry, but what absolute nonsense. 

History will look very favourably for AJ and his first stint at Queens. Having Reilly, Clark, Holt, McShane and Durnan etc all coming through the team at the same time, any manager should have been able to win us the league that year, especially because of the level of opposition at the time in the league. Yes, the cup final was a good day, but why get sentimental to a guy over a Challenge Cup win 9 years ago? It’s also not a coincidence that any club AJ has been at since us has been a disaster, ask any Dunfermline or Kilmarnock fan. And as for the second stint in charge, we had Dobbie and Dykes upfront playing against Montrose, hardly a managerial master class which kept us up in the play offs that year.

Also for your point about him being a “decent guy”, I’m not too sure what’s given you that impression. Always came across arrogant and rude in post match interviews. Football in the last two years had been gruelling under him, with his constant negativity, so I don’t think it’s disrespectful that fans are buzzing he’s now away. So, wonder what sort of person that makes me then! 

46 minutes ago, QoS99 said:

And as for the second stint in charge, we had Dobbie and Dykes upfront playing against Montrose, hardly a managerial master class which kept us up in the play offs that year.

It was actually, as Naysmith hadn't got that right before.  As some may be aware I wasn't Dykes' biggest fan but in those play off games - especially Raith (A) Dykes was a different player as AJ deployed him further forward which wouldn't have happened under Naysmith and we would probably still be in League 1.

Again, parallels to now as Fitzpatrick looks a different player under WG.

Football has been gruelling for everyone over the past 2years - Owners, Managers and Staff, Players and Supporters - and we should be grateful to all for their input for keeping things going under unprecedented circumstances.

What utter nonsense. Point out anything that I've said that isn't factually correct. I haven't said anything about AJ personally and my "values" as a "human being" in regards to football are to judge people based solely on their performance. If AJ had broke up the conflict in Ukraine I'd still think he was a terrible manager.

I couldn't care less what he did in his first spell with us as it has absolutely nothing to do with his spell this time. He was afforded more time by everyone when he was given a 2 year deal. If it wasn't for Covid we'd have more than likely been playing in League 1 this year. He saved us from one relegation but had two attempts at getting us down which would have happened if not for two lots of intervention; though the damage he has done this season may well be too much for WG to overturn.

It was actually, as Naysmith hadn't got that right before.  As some may be aware I wasn't Dykes' biggest fan but in those play off games - especially Raith (A) Dykes was a different player as AJ deployed him further forward which wouldn't have happened under Naysmith and we would probably still be in League 1.
Again, parallels to now as Fitzpatrick looks a different player under WG.
Football has been gruelling for everyone over the past 2years - Owners, Managers and Staff, Players and Supporters - and we should be grateful to all for their input for keeping things going under unprecedented circumstances.

Interesting you choose to slate Naysmith for not getting it right with Dykes and Dobbie (even though they combined to get Dobbie over 40 goals that season) and go on to praise him getting the best from Dykes. Not mention of the fact that he managed to make our best player of a generation completely mediocre? Dobbie was a god in football terms yet even I know he couldn't do the lone striker role. Sadly the only person who was unaware of this was our glorious leader.

The guy is a complete diddy at this level. The only way he'll get a gig as high as the Championship now is if he takes a side up from League 1 and they're stupid enough to keep hold of him at this level.