The Queen of the South thread

28 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

"Udoka Chima - Udoka continues to build up his fitness as he trains with the team. Unfortunately illness prevents him from playing with the Reserves this week."

Every time there is a tantalising suggestion that Chima actually exists something seems to happen which prolongs his invisibility. 🤣

You have to wait 7 years before a missing person can be declared dead, but I'm sure the courts are already beginning to prepare the paperwork for "The Missing Chima Case" in 2028. 

Clearly visible on Saturday during the pre match warm up and seemed to be doing extending training under the watchful eye of Dan Armstrong.

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

Every time there is a tantalising suggestion that Chima actually exists something seems to happen which prolongs his invisibility. 🤣

He was doing extensive running 5-10mins before lick off on saturday in front of supporters just to prove he exists

1 hour ago, mwwqos321 said:

Clearly visible on Saturday during the pre match warm up and seemed to be doing extending training under the watchful eye of Dan Armstrong.

12 minutes ago, queenslad said:

He was doing extensive running 5-10mins before lick off on saturday in front of supporters just to prove he exists

And I missed it!  A possible once in a lifetime chance to catch a glimpse of the man... gone!  I just knew I should have made the effort to arrive earlier than 2.55pm!

11 hours ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Queens Great Escape Part Two....

Personally, I kinda hope you’re right. I’d rather see you in the playoffs or better and Yogi and the Pars going down, if only to make it even harder for Failkirk to finish in the top four next season. 👍

Please make it so.

https://www.qosfc.com/news-5690

Paul McKay signs a 2 year deal. Pretty pleased with that tbh. He's probably been our best player the back this season. Nditi looked good there but hasn't played as much. McKay has looked fine most games.

The only concern is how he recovers from his injury and that it doesn't come back but overall I'm happy with the news.

Yeah a welcome development. I agree with your assessment of him, too.

Paul McKay signs a 2 year deal. Pretty pleased with that tbh. He's probably been our best player the back this season. Nditi looked good there but hasn't played as much. McKay has looked fine most games.

The only concern is how he recovers from his injury and that it doesn't come back but overall I'm happy with the news.

Bottom of league, dishing out two year deals… what a club

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Good business. Couple of English League 2 teams were sniffing about him before he got injured so his performances were not going unnoticed. Safe to say we’ve badly missed him recently. 

2 hours ago, qos1990 said:

Bottom of league, dishing out two year deals… what a club

Mes Que Un Club ..... (as we would be referred to in Catalonia)

Edited by Otis Blue

On 21/02/2022 at 21:53, oldhat said:

Picture the scene:

Wullie Gibson scratches quietly on the mahogany panelled door to The Chairman's office.  A curt command sounds from within.

"Enter!"

Hesitantly, Wullie turns the polished brass handle and half-enters the enormous room.  The scents of cigar-smoke and beeswax, whisky and leather come to him across the thick Turkish carpet;  through the shadows he sees The Chairman seated behind a heavily-carved Jacobean table, illuminated by a single lamp and stroking a white cat which regards Wullie with a supercilious eye.

"Ah. Gibson." 

"Yes, Sir.  You wanted to see me, Sir?"

"Indeed, Gibson." The Chairman taps the ash from his cigar and fixes Wullie with a steely gaze. " I am told that you have been making statements to all and sundry, revealing genuine news from within The Club. This will never do, son."

Wullie feels a puckering sensation inside his boxer shorts but decides to defend himself.

"Yes, Sir, it's what the fans want."

"The fans?  Who gives a toss about the fans, Gibson?" replies The Chairman, leaning forward in his leather-bound chair and raising his eyebrows a little. "I say f**k the fans. And so will you, son, if you know what's good for you..."

Wullie clenches his buttocks and presses on, his knees starting to shake.

"I'm sorry, Mr Chairman, but I - "

Suddenly there is a commotion outside the office and the door flies open.  The white cat spits and leaps from Chairman Hewitson's lap as a tracksuit-clad figure bursts in.

"Mr Hewitson!  Mr Chairman, Sir!  Udoka Chima, Sir, someone has spotted him!  He's real, Sir, he really does exist!"

The Chairman pauses for a moment or two, thinking.

"Leave us, Gibson," he murmurs "This is serious.  And if you want those Velux windows fitted cheaply, you will forget everything you just heard.  Do you understand?"

Replace the white cat with Skyline Drifter and you’re spot on 😉

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

3 hours ago, sidofthesouth said:

Forward planning. Wow!
Connolly ( unlikely i know) and East next for 2 year deals please

Bit of a teasing hint dropped by Gibson.

Screenshot_20220223-205845.png

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It would be nice to see Nditi  playing in his best position once again.