The Queen of the South thread

I agree. I don't think a 'short round-up' would take them long

I think the key word in the statement is "important". I don't think it's that nothing is happening, it's that what's happening is just seen as "normal" and therefore not "important" enough to mention.

I don't think it's even a conscious effort to withhold information or exclude the fans, it's just that they don't believe it would be of interest to the fans.

Personally, I think they're wrong and there's lots of things happening that fans would be interested in and should be told about more.

3 hours ago, Brother Grimm said:

I donated to that now you mention it!

Would personally prefer an ongoing thing, where the Trust can say we have this much income per year to support the club.

I don’t recall any update since that fundraiser was launch last year ? 

Have extra shares been purchased or not ? 

4 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

I see Nditi is out for another month. Connelly is training again and will be touch and go for tomorrow. Not a bad lineup but I’d be tempted to replace Fitzpatrick with the boy from Boro. 

Did not know about Nditi. Cheers. If Connelly is fit that would be a bonus. Fitzpatrick or Folarin but they must be willing to defend. Or I suppose you could play Gordon on the right as another option. Or Gordon in middle and our Gaffer on the right 

13 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Did not know about Nditi. Cheers. If Connelly is fit that would be a bonus. Fitzpatrick or Folarin but they must be willing to defend. Or I suppose you could play Gordon on the right as another option. Or Gordon in middle and our Gaffer on the right 

Another great interview in todays local newspaper from Wullie explaining more about the injured players etc. 

All rather refreshing. 

2 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Well as stated previously some individuals have donated some of their Queens shares to the Queens Trust.

Big difference between donating and purchasing as they originally promised. They seem quick to ask questions but not that quick at answering  any 🙄

What is everyone else's thinking for tomorrow?
LINEUP111645201688784.thumb.png.587d083445b36dae14b9432ee59316ed.png

Be down with the kids and do it like yourself.

Personally I don't think we have the personnel to go 4-4-2. I think Arbroath would destroy us in the middle. I think they'll more than likely do that regardless but we need 3 in the middle to at least give us a shot. Replace Gibson with Johnston and put Folarin out wide would be another way to go but I think Gibson is best out wide. I expect he's going to put himself in the middle though. Johnston has had his best games for us in CM IMO.

Whatever players you choose at the back it doesn't ooze confidence. It's an area we have numerous players for and is still probably our weakest area overall.

It's nice to be looking forward to a game/line-up though. I'm not confident of a result but hoping there are signs of Gibson freshening things up and some signs of improvement on the park. ba76de68b356b5915e99824489568ef7.jpg

Hi Palmy Pie

Any questions that we get asked through our own social media channels (Facebook twitter Instagram) or by direct messages to our WhatsApp or email we do our best to answer very promptly.

Share purchase: It is currently still a work in progress. The money is set aside in the Trust account specifically for buying shares in the club. The preferred option was for the club to get the money and that is what we have been trying hard to achieve. 

The board has previously told us a number of times that they had an agreement with a major shareholder that they would get the money from the sale of any shares that the shareholder sold. 

The Trust wrote to the club who replied that they had no shares available. We then wrote to that shareholder but had no reply so we wrote to them again at a different address but got no reply so we then wrote to them a third time via the club but again have had no reply. 

We will discuss what to do next re shares at the next Queens Trust meeting which is on Monday 21st February 2022 at the Queens Arena 7.30pm. The meeting is open to all Queens Trust members. Would be really great to see as many members as possible there.

We did receive a few great donations of shares from Trust members that have us now very close to the long term 1000 shares target. We are currently at 972 shares. 

It is 5 years since we tried for fan representation at the club AGM and it has not been mentioned since. The reason we have asked the club to consider it now is that they themselves are asking for suggestions to help on the board. It would be failing our membership and the aims of the Queens Trust if we did not put our name forward. 

Whilst the Trust committee is fairly small it represents over 250 fans from a wide variety of backgrounds and with different skill sets.

ba76de68b356b5915e99824489568ef7.jpg

That’s what i would go with bar the obvious Connelly for Paton if fit. Always thought our best performances have been with 3 at the back, and I think Debayos height could be needed with Hamilton uptops for them. I also think we need to pack the midfield.

That’s what i would go with bar the obvious Connelly for Paton if fit. Always thought our best performances have been with 3 at the back, and I think Debayos height could be needed with Hamilton uptops for them. I also think we need to pack the midfield.
Aye this. Connolly is a straight swap with Paton if fit. Sincerely hope he is.

O'Connor and Johnston on the same side of the park gives me the fear, Wullie could be busy helping both of them out. If Connelly is fit I'd have Wullie ar rb, Johnston and Paton in front of him. I'm sure O'Connor must have a good game in him, the trouble is, the position we're in we can't afford to wait and see if it happens. 

Well that was so much better than AJ.  Rae had another good game back 4 were solid. O'Connor had his best game him and East wee better together again. Fair play to Johnston he and Gaffer were excellent at full back. Fitzpatrick that is the best I have seen him for a long time. McGrory and Todd dictated the midfield. Mckechnie was raw and excellent when he settled into the game. Cameron was excellent led the line brilliantly. It says a lot that Connelly who AJ relied on so much was not missed when he went off. Well done WG for giving us hope and a plan. Good to see Grant Murray on the sidelines has experience as a gaffer and a No2

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Was that Grant Murray as Willie assistant today .

Very difficult to play and manage your mind can't be 100 % on either .

Much better from.us but we just don't have that killer touch to win games we lack confidence in front of goal. 

Yes

1 minute ago, Manwithnoball said:

Well that was so much better than AJ.  Rae had another good game back 4 were solid. O'Connor had his best game him and East wee better together again. Fair play to Johnston he and Gaffer were excellent at full back. Fitzpatrick that is the best I have seen him for a long time. McGrory and Todd dictated the midfield. Mckechnie was raw and excellent when he settled into the game. Cameron was excellent led the line brilliantly. It says a lot that Connelly who AJ relied on so much was not missed when he went off. Well done WG for giving us hope and a plan. Good to see Grant Murray on the sidelines has experience as a gaffer and a No2

Would have liked to have seen Folarin involved he has the pace we need surprised he did not come on for Connelly 

McKechnie did decent  but very raw is that really what we need just now .

Folarin very highly rated must have something 

Couldn't make either the game or the stream today which was a pain, but lots of positive vibes from the Queens posters on here. Sounds like the players were much more engaged playing for WG which is so much more encouraging. Still not sure we can escape this, and 9th might be our best hope. Shame we couldn't get the win cos 3pts worth their weight in gold now.

Set up for a cracker at Ayr next week, need to try and get along to Somerset, hope we take a few up there.