The Queen of the South thread

Gibson's the obvious choice of the Board, it's what we do.
A Rangers player we haven't heard of ........ that's a teaser!

You'll have heard it. You're an old duffer, I'm just a young sprightly fellow [emoji14]
Is Gibson likely to remain in charge until the summer or do you think you’ll try and get someone else?

Be shocked if he isn't. He probably has these games to see if there are signs of improvement. If he does show signs he's bound to get the gig full-time.
Long overdue tbf.
As an Ayr fan - I hope Gibson is even worse than Johnston.

I can't believe that could even be possible. It's night and day but Gibson has done a cracking job with our reserves so there's somewhat a glimmer of hope for us.

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Well, to be fair, you would wouldn't you.

Relax though, it's too late now.

I won't be relaxing unless we beat you on the 26th and open up a decent gap of 10 points.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can't believe that could even be possible. It's night and day but Gibson has done a cracking job with our reserves so there's somewhat a glimmer of hope for us.

You should definitely be hopeful. By all accounts (by what I've read on here), AJ was suffocating your team in a similar fashion to Duffy (and Hopkin before him) was doing to us.

It's definitely the right call, it's just a bit late. You just need to look at Morton who by all accounts have an average squad but actually brought in a positive manager and they're the form team. Imrie hasn't made massive personnel changes either.

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Nae love for Wullie Gibson but he might just do alright. 

It's the likely (ie cheap) choice - give him to the end of the season to see how it goes and make a decision then.  Seems to have been doing OK running our reserves.  Probably a good chance Gibson might actually put players in their best positions and tell them what he wants them to do, which would be a start.

Well that's overdue. Wullie has a tough job on his hand. Firstly get someone in beside him to coach from sidelines. More importantly get a formation in place that suits the players and play them in their natural positions. The players are now also playing for their futures. If Wullie is interested in the job he wil have to put his mark on the team. If would like to see us play 4-4-2. Stop the constant lumping it forward.

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Gibson is a short fused thicko. He’d be a disaster appointment.

Make it happen, Queens. 

They said similar about Imrie at Morton. You're hatred of Gibson will make it all the sweeter if it happens. It's not as if we're derby rivals is it. 

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

It's actually a bit of a scunner.

Having mobilised all those people for tomorrow's teatime blockade of Buccleuch Street Bridge, I feel a bit silly now, asking them to stand down. 

And I had just filled up with diesel to make the trip up 😂

13 minutes ago, Manwithnoball said:

Well that's overdue. Wullie has a tough job on his hand. Firstly get someone in beside him to coach from sidelines. More importantly get a formation in place that suits the players and play them in their natural positions. The players are now also playing for their futures. If Wullie is interested in the job he wil have to put his mark on the team. If would like to see us play 4-4-2. Stop the constant lumping it forward.

Very difficult to be a player manager you can't just jump from a team mate to a manager .

Surely only a temp till we get a manager in Wullie does not have the experience night and day being the reserve  manager compared to the 1st team