The Queen of the South thread

I may be mistaken but I don't think Nditi is, and given his recent treatment I'd be surprised if he didn't try to negotiate a mutual consent type of release if he is on a 2 year deal.  I've no doubt another club would snap him up if he was a free agent.  Cowie is here too, but probably won't get a chance to play unless there is a keeper emergency.
I really hope Nditi stays with us next season. He has loads of potential and really engages with the young fans.

For some reason I had thought he had a two year deal.

I may be mistaken but I don't think Nditi is, and given his recent treatment I'd be surprised if he didn't try to negotiate a mutual consent type of release if he is on a 2 year deal.  I've no doubt another club would snap him up if he was a free agent.  Cowie is here too, but probably won't get a chance to play unless there is a keeper emergency.

1 minute ago, MallanandFlanagan said:
7 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

I really hope Nditi stays with us next season. He has loads of potential and really engages with the young fans.

Part time or minimum wage. Or offers. 

Those 2 late goals were really costly and is what will cost us dear. If and I mean if we had held out for a win we would have been significantly nearer to the teams above us, and only a couple of points behind the pars and within touching distance of the others. We are now marooned at the bottom 8 points behind Morton. We won't win another 9 points this season. A win today may have given the players some belief. We need to beat our relegation rivals but instead pick up a point against atop 5 team then lose against a bottom 5 team in a 6 pointer.

We may be lucky to get a playoff place next season at the bottom on 1st division

I think if we can’t even convince the likes of Reilly to sign then we are probably kidding ourselves that we can find the quality to dig ourselves out of this. AJ pretty clearly doesn’t know his best side, and IMO we have several first team regulars who aren’t championship standard.

I think if we can’t even convince the likes of Reilly to sign then we are probably kidding ourselves that we can find the quality to dig ourselves out of this. AJ pretty clearly doesn’t know his best side, and IMO we have several first team regulars who aren’t championship standard.

He's not known his best 11 his entire second spell. It's absolutely embarrassing. The only reason we went on that run last season was because his hand was forced.

1 hour ago, steakpiegravy said:

I wasn’t that bothered that we didn’t sign Reilly but my understanding was that we didn’t try to sign him rather than that we couldn’t convince him. Maybe you know better than that.

Agree re the standard of players. I’ve never bought into this notion that some appeared to have that we had good quality players but weren’t getting the best  out of them. We are are a poor side with largely poor quality players and a manager well past his sell by date. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

29 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

He always blames the players for losing goals, when he's the manager and should be telling them what to do in preventing this!!

What do you think he told them.  Do think he told them 3 of them to miss the ball at the front post and Gordon to ball watch and not to pick up Riley. Do you think he told the defence to stand back and watch Morton play nice 1-2s at the edge of the box at the 2nd goal.  The players are supposed to be professional enough to show enough desire and fight when they’re on the pitch. I’ll agree there are far too many in the squad at nowhere near good enough.  Some are very lucky to be playing in the SPFL never mind the championship.   Far too many players hide behind it’s the managers fault and appear to be exempt from criticism.  

28 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Actually to save time, and effort, QOS TV could use that interview after every game. Beyond depressing.

He really is reduced to parroting the same drivel every week. 

"We need to..."  "We need to..."  "We need to..." followed by "hopefully..."

I don't suppose he has much else to say, unless he's going to go full Kevin Keegan and admit he's got no idea what to do about it.  

As for whether the players are good enough, I'm only slightly torn on this.  I think that a good few simply aren't, but that's not to let the guy who recruited them off the hook.  

I think this idea that we have a decent squad that's poorly deployed has two sources:

The first is the extent to which the line-up is tinkered with, meaning players are often out of position.  This perception is aided by the fact that some of the messing about appears to have been necessary, mainly to accommodate the manager's son.

The other source is derived from the fact that we've managed the odd impressive passage of play with incisive passing and movement.  However, these have tended to be surrounded by spells of crude hoofing towards an isolated striker, ignoring an impotent and redundant midfield.  I think this has created an illusion that the slick outfit is the real Queens, but if it was, we'd see it more often.  Players who are good enough would be able to deliver the good stuff more consistently than is the case.   We also got lots of early nonsense on here about how good we looked, with guys like Soares-Junior being prematurely lauded.  I'm afraid that merely amounted to a happy clapping shade of optimism.

I fear that for the most part, we've got donkeys led by donkeys.

Edited by Monkey Tennis