The Queen of the South thread

18 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Is the season over yet??? Please...put us out of our misery. This is actually worse than the Gus McPherson season.

It's quite a lot worse.  At this point in the Gus season, we were still very much in touch and took Aberdeen to a replay in the Cup.

We don't even have that dull 'thrill' of a relegation battle this time.  It's mid February and we're gone.  All I can see is us bumbling along and having it confirmed with a few games left.  

This season has been unceasingly pathetic, with nothing mitigating at all. 

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Other than our moronic BoD does anyone genuinely believe we have a chance of staying up?

I don’t think even they believe we have a chance of staying up. I think they’re just not that bothered about it. 

Whilst there is animosity toward the BoD and manager and mentioning of attendances falling off  a cliff, whilst the viewing spectacle is more than turgid on the pitch I would suggest supporters attend a game or two between now and the end of the season. Buy replica shirts and do whatever you can to remember the last time Queen of the South were a championship club. Because it's probably going to be a long time before it happens again. Kelty, Queens Park, Falkirk, Cove will be ahead in the push out of the seaside league for the next couple of years and given the downward spiral, can't believe it will be anything less than worse after that. 

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Other than our moronic BoD does anyone genuinely believe we have a chance of staying up?

I very much doubt if the board, or even Johnston himself, believe we can stay up.

There's just resignation all round, but unfortunately, not the right kind. 

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I don't want Johnston to stay but I'm at the stage now of thinking we're definitely going down so might as well stick with him til the end of this season then sort ourselves out for next season. 

I worry that by then, we'll get his good record with two clubs at that level being cited.

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I don't want Johnston to stay but I'm at the stage now of thinking we're definitely going down so might as well stick with him til the end of this season then sort ourselves out for next season. 

Seriously. Surely no fan wants that. Give a new manager a couple of months to see if we can get new manager bounce and if he wants to keep anyone of current squad if they want to play L1

All, ignore this rant,. Dear William J Hewitson, a flat pack sale involves return per unit cost of production. Cash in bank to invite investment or 'succession' will be nullified by with a recent record of apparent incompetence, which is not investible. So what is the plan? We all await the answers to the AGM questions. Seems to be taking a while. To change the topic, lets go cultural with our own bard,

An honest man here lies at rest,
As e’er God with His image blest:
The friend of man, the friend of truth;
The friend of age, and guide of youth:
Few hearts like his, with virtue warm’d,
Few heads with knowledge so inform’d:
If there’s another world, he lives in bliss;
If there is none, he made the best of this. 

5 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Out of all that shower of imposters, who is on board for next year? Chima, Cochrane, Nditi and Paton, is that right?

I may be mistaken but I don't think Nditi is, and given his recent treatment I'd be surprised if he didn't try to negotiate a mutual consent type of release if he is on a 2 year deal.  I've no doubt another club would snap him up if he was a free agent.  Cowie is here too, but probably won't get a chance to play unless there is a keeper emergency.

Edited by Slipmat

5 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Out of all that shower of imposters, who is on board for next year? Chima, Cochrane, Nditi and Paton, is that right?

Only Chima, Cochrane and Paton I think.

Edit to add Cowie as highlighted by Slipmat above.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer