The Queen of the South thread

5 hours ago, Slipmat said:

Who would have thought that just over a year from joining Queens on loan Izzy Jones would be playing 118 minutes at Old Trafford and helping his club to beat a first choice Man United team of 11 internationalists including a multiple Ballon D'Or winner and a World Cup winner and knocking them out of the FA Cup in the process?

It was obvious that he was too good for the Scottish Championship, but the progress he has made this season is astounding and a real credit to the guy.  I'm totally made up for him.  😊

Amazing from Jones great to see what a jump from playing at Palmerston to Old Trafford .

Hopefully Forlain is going to be as good poor start but hopefully becomes as good as Jones .

Away from that has Harry Cochrane disappeared the same way as Chima both never get a mention or time scale when they will be back .

5 hours ago, Riviera711 said:

Very Dickensian, the ghost of your future if you don't buckle down. It's certainly been a positive path for Jones.

Not so much for Fitzpatrick.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Results not good for us today.

Unless we get a couple of wins this month, it looks like we'll be adrift heading into the spring.

It is still up to us we are desperate for wins but we concede far to many goals our defence is poor not looking good 

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Results not good for us today.

Unless we get a couple of wins this month, it looks like we'll be adrift heading into the spring.

A couple of wins in a month appears unlikely given that the last couple of wins have happened in the course of almost the last 5 months or 18 games. 
And the team looks even worse now than it did in the first half of the season, especially defensively.

5 minutes ago, Flash said:

A couple of wins in a month appears unlikely given that the last couple of wins have happened in the course of almost the last 5 months or 18 games. 
And the team looks even worse now than it did in the first half of the season, especially defensively.

Yes, that's pretty much it.

We're needing to string some results together and there's very little to suggest we're able to do that.  The odd plucky draw just won't be enough to get us out of this.

1 hour ago, Greenacres said:

Think we will find out next week but what a difference Imrie has made to Morton .

Gus in charge poor same squad look a different team .

No point saying it now but we should have got rid of AJ gave ourselve a chance of staying up 

Totally agree all other side's round us have made that decision and we are bottom with poor January signings. Don't see any hope tbh

8 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

We are in big trouble

Big trouble yes unless AJ changes his attitude and we get back to basics playing the team in their correct positions especially at the back making us difficult to score against and dangerous on the counter attack just like Arbroath. It's not rocket science as Strachan was keen to point out. 4-4-2 and have the players putting in the maximum effort plus commitment and things will look after themselves. Simple really don't overcomplicate things as Dick Campbell preaches.

Over the years I've generally supported the current Board. It's not easy running a football club at our level and it's always easier shouting from the sidelines but quite different when the ball is at your foot. And I'm not sure that the 'prawn sandwiches' at halftime make up for all the hassle. But this season I will admit my position is/has changed. The resignation of the supporter liaison officers and, more recently, the closing of the tanner fund added to the almost total lack of PR from the club has convinced me that change is required. The decision by the Board to hold the AGM, again without shareholders being present, is a concern. The legality of doing this I am sure has been checked. Using COVID as the reason/excuse bears closer scrutiny. COVID will be with us for years to come. It took over 3,000 years to eradicate smallpox so COVID will be with us during our lifetime. So will the Board keep using this as an excuse not to meet shareholders in an AGM? Granted holding an AGM in a hotel or in the Arena would not give the comfort of one or two meters between members but do we not own and occupy a stadium that can hold almost 8,000 people? Both Celtic and Rangers use their grounds to hold their AGM so it is doable, okay not comfortable, but it can be done. Using either the main stand or the new stand could easily provide the distance between members required and be set up so the Board can conduct an AGM. As I said probably not comfortable but I doubt there is any venue at present that would be comfortable for the current Board. On the playing side we were spared a horrible Saturday evening by yesterday's game being postponed but results elsewhere makes our survival in the Championship seem extremely unlikely. Not many of us think we would return to the Championship, if relegated, quickly and when considering this two words spring to mind...Brechin City. That club slid down the leagues and now play in the Highland league, which they look unlikely to win. If our Board are not careful the same could happen to us...just saying!

54 minutes ago, BeeJay said:

Over the years I've generally supported the current Board. It's not easy running a football club at our level and it's always easier shouting from the sidelines but quite different when the ball is at your foot. And I'm not sure that the 'prawn sandwiches' at halftime make up for all the hassle. But this season I will admit my position is/has changed. The resignation of the supporter liaison officers and, more recently, the closing of the tanner fund added to the almost total lack of PR from the club has convinced me that change is required. The decision by the Board to hold the AGM, again without shareholders being present, is a concern. The legality of doing this I am sure has been checked. Using COVID as the reason/excuse bears closer scrutiny. COVID will be with us for years to come. It took over 3,000 years to eradicate smallpox so COVID will be with us during our lifetime. So will the Board keep using this as an excuse not to meet shareholders in an AGM? Granted holding an AGM in a hotel or in the Arena would not give the comfort of one or two meters between members but do we not own and occupy a stadium that can hold almost 8,000 people? Both Celtic and Rangers use their grounds to hold their AGM so it is doable, okay not comfortable, but it can be done. Using either the main stand or the new stand could easily provide the distance between members required and be set up so the Board can conduct an AGM. As I said probably not comfortable but I doubt there is any venue at present that would be comfortable for the current Board. On the playing side we were spared a horrible Saturday evening by yesterday's game being postponed but results elsewhere makes our survival in the Championship seem extremely unlikely. Not many of us think we would return to the Championship, if relegated, quickly and when considering this two words spring to mind...Brechin City. That club slid down the leagues and now play in the Highland league, which they look unlikely to win. If our Board are not careful the same could happen to us...just saying!

Nah Brechin are a tiny wee village club their level probably is non league they were punching above their weight forever in the leagues. Would never happen to QoTS that