The Queen of the South thread

5 minutes ago, Flash said:

I think  East and McKay have an extra * and Max Johnston has one missing.

You're spot on.  I knew I would mess that up somewhere!  I'll do a quick edit and hope no-one else notices! 

Edited by Slipmat

10 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

You're spot on.  I knew I would mess that up somewhere!  I'll do a quick edit and hope no-one else notices! 

Good post no wonder we are struggling .

I can guarantee if you did the same thing at   Arbroath no player will have played more than 2 positions the majority will have played in exactly the same position all season especially in defence.

Good post no wonder we are struggling .
I can guarantee if you did the same thing at   Arbroath no player will have played more than 2 positions the majority will have played in exactly the same position all season especially in defence.

I see Magic has signed us a new Centre Back …[emoji6]

Innes Cameron has returned. That'll suitably alter our 'just punt it high and long' tactical approach.

Aye very meh for me for that exact reason. He's chipped in with a few goals and suits that shite AJ style better than any other striker we have but his return has cemented the fact AJ will be persisting with something that doesn't work, unfortunately.

Er, we've signed more players than Ayr have in the window. And another in the last half hour about to be announced.

Made a massive difference Saturday the other 3, a lot more needed than what we have. Ayr maybe only brought in a couple but have proven lately to be capable of winning games and picking up points, a must win game for us last Saturday and we didn’t show up in slightest. Can cover it anyway you can any but the club is a shit show at moment

49 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Aye very meh for me for that exact reason. He's chipped in with a few goals and suits that shite AJ style better than any other striker we have but his return has cemented the fact AJ will be persisting with something that doesn't work, unfortunately.

Not so much meh for me more eee-aaw. 

Was part of AJ team that has struggled in other games to win but did look best of lot just before he was recalled. Team against Raith tomorrow will be inter wrong after the disaster of Saturday. We need to move Nditi back with O'Connor at CB as East expirement is over. Wullie has to move back to RHS whether it be in front of Max or behind him as Max won't be left out. I don't rate Cooper play Debayo. Midfield I don't know how he will line up. I would like to see 4 across middle with Connelly and Cameron up top. 

1 hour ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Innes Cameron has returned. That'll suitably alter our 'just punt it high and long' tactical approach.

Better than nothing, I suppose.
He has played in 10 games from which we got 11 points. 
If we maintain the same ppg, we’ll end up on 33 or 34. But 6 of the 11 points came from 2 wins against Ayr and Dunfermline when those teams were at their worst, so can’t necessarily read too much into previous results.
Generally, I don’t think the January signings are going to make that much difference.

13 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

That's the Tanner Fund folded now as well. Yet another avenue ignored by our glorious leaders. Depressing stuff.

What is going on at the club? I can think of no justifiable reason that the club have not engaged fully with this really admirable venture.

Clear purpose and has gathered a not insignificant amount of funds. I would expect enough for at least one player in this transfer window. 

Is it time for an organised protest to make our feelings known about what appears to be clear failures of governance at the club? Transparency is such an easy thing to achieve and there has been serious failures in this department. Between this and the SLO departures there are serious cause for concern. 

A closed door AGM by the way does nothing for transparency and Covid shouldn’t be blamed for this. 

1 minute ago, die hard doonhamer said:

This is genuinely disgraceful. Horrific mismanagement by the board. 

I'm sorry but this is nonsense. The arrangement from the very start was that the Tanner Fund was there for when the club needed money to add to the budget for extra players. It was set up about 15 mins before Livingston sold Lyndon Dykes to QPR so handing us a large windfall and about a year before the the Govt then handed us half a million pounds in Covid grants. The club isn't remotely short of cash with not far short of a million quid in the bank and it would be morally wrong for them to ask for donation income to boost a playing budget in that circumstance. The squad is bigger than it's been in living memory. People can think those players aren't good enough but it's not for the lack of numbers and signings.

They really can't win on this one. And I've no idea why the Tanner Fund committee can't just sit on the money (freeze contributions if they wish) until it's needed. If I'd given significant money towards the idea of raising funds for the club and the custodians of it were now mooting giving it away to an unrelated charity instead I'd be fizzing about it. I haven't so I'll leave it to those who have to say what they want to do with it but I don't understand the statement they've put out at all.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm sorry but this is nonsense. The arrangement from the very start was that the Tanner Fund was there for when the club needed money to add to the budget for extra players. It was set up about 15 mins before Livingston sold Lyndon Dykes to QPR so handing us a large windfall and about a year before the the Govt then handed us half a million pounds in Covid grants. The club isn't remotely short of cash with not far short of a million quid in the bank and it would be morally wrong for them to ask for donation income to boost a playing budget in that circumstance. The squad is bigger than it's been in living memory. People can think those players aren't good enough but it's not for the lack of numbers and signings.

They really can't win on this one. And I've no idea why the Tanner Fund committee can't just sit on the money (freeze contributions if they wish) until it's needed. If I'd given significant money towards the idea of raising funds for the club and the custodians of it were now mooting giving it away to an unrelated charity instead I'd be fizzing about it. I haven't so I'll leave it to those who have to say what they want to do with it but I don't understand the statement they've put out at all.

I think the point is there has been no contact ( yet again ) from the club. 

Why should we have to come on here or Facebook and read information from a club volunteer and not the BOD.

terrible PR and another nail in the coffin at Palmerston.  

I see the Tanner Fund committee are saying they have made multiple attempts to communicate with the Board and have had no response at all. That is absolutely dreadful mismanagement as someone posted above.

Whilst writing this post, Skyline Drifter has just given his perspective, which appears to be that the club doesn't need the money just now. I was sort of coming onto saying something similar. However, the fact there is this air about the club that we have a miniscule budget and are struggling financially when that's apparently not the case, is yet more evidence of the Board's negligent handling of this situation.

What I was planning to say is that the Board may well have intended to use the Tanner Fund at a later date in steadier financial circumstances. We currently have just shy of a milly in the Bank, but the Board have forecasted a six figure loss next year. That may be £100,000 or it may be £999,999. If it is closer to the former, then we will be left in a very promising position, and the Board could release several hundred thousand pounds for a promotion push whilst not making our financial position any worse than, say FY19. Of course, they would never release that much, but it illustrates the possibility of sizeable squad investment post-covid.

I suspect it is wishful thinking, but I would like to believe the Tanner Funds were being kept on hold so they could be pooled with that sum. However, even if that's the case, the lack of communication is just terrible, and sadly seems to be typical.

Finally, as someone who contributes to the Tanner Fund, it wasn't my understanding that my money would be kept for when the club "needs" it, as SD has said. I was happy to entrust the right people with the decision to use the money at a time that would be most productive for the club, rather than at a time of greatest need. However, I admit I didn't read any constitutional documents setting out the exact purpose of the fund. 

P.S. I agree with SD's suggestion of freezing the funds, but keeping them set aside for the club, and had already written to the Tanner Fund committee to propose the same.

Edited by Priti priti priti Patel

18 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Would the Tanner fund consider changing the purpose of the fund to consider funding the cost of a new manager?

With the club bottom or the table and the stadium in a state of disrepair, I don’t think a million pound should be sitting in the bank doing nothing. 

Edited by JK_Queens