The Queen of the South thread

32 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Can't wait to see how SD puts a positive spin on this. 

Give him time, it will come.

Gerry Cinnamon sings about those who don't understand, with their @rse in the air and their head in the sand. 

Seems to be a bit of this down Palmerston way. 

AJ has to go for the sake of our club’s survival. 

Is it any wonder the players look shite, he changes the team and formation constantly? There’s no settled formation that the players can get used to. Stick to the same basic formation and everyone will know what the hell they’re supposed to be doing. 

Go now AJ.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Outside of Gibson and Paton, maybe Connolly, I thought no one was anywhere near Championship standard for Queens today

Thought O'Connor was our best player. Connelly did ok. Max Johnston and Gibson probably too. Everybody else way off it, including the subs.

26 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thought O'Connor was our best player. Connelly did ok. Max Johnston and Gibson probably too. Everybody else way off it, including the subs.

You are joking O'Connor was all over the place  good then bad I as expected with the little experience he has .

Only Gibson got close to a pass mark surely even you must want a change .

We are going down without a fight with AJ in charge 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I thought O'Connor began well but ended up playing Debayoesque long balls to no-one when a simpler pass would have sufficed.  Neither he nor Folarin looked anywhere near being match fit to be fair and looked like they had been thrown in to the starting 11 at least a week too soon.

Gibson was best for me by a long chalk.  Cooper I thought was reasonable, as was Paton (bar his finishing) after he came on.  Connelly drifted in and out of the game.  The rest were fairly woeful.

One of the issues for me is that the 3 guys we have brought in recently on loan are 21, 22 and 23. We were already one of the youngest squads in the league (if not the youngest) and have added no experience whatsoever. Dont know the exact figures, but i would imagine that Dunfermline team today had an average age probably 4 or 5 years older than us.
Our experiment of going with a younger squad hasnt worked. We look naive, inexperienced and are being pushed around by most teams in this league.

12 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

One of the issues for me is that the 3 guys we have brought in recently on loan are 21, 22 and 23. We were already one of the youngest squads in the league (if not the youngest) and have added no experience whatsoever. Dont know the exact figures, but i would imagine that Dunfermline team today had an average age probably 4 or 5 years older than us.
Our experiment of going with a younger squad hasnt worked. We look naive, inexperienced and are being pushed around by most teams in this league.

But he is the one who said he wanted experience in his interviews but signed young guys.

AJ’s latest interview should come with a trigger warning. Would not recommend, absolutely rage inducing. 

Praising the second half performance which was also utter shite.

What half chances second half? Dunfermline were as comfortable as you like. Looked more likely in the second half to score than us.

The interviews are usually pretty grim, but that’s particularly bad. 

AJ’s latest interview should come with a trigger warning. Would not recommend, absolutely rage inducing. 

Praising the second half performance which was also utter shite.

What half chances second half? Dunfermline were as comfortable as you like. Looked more likely in the second half to score than us.

The interviews are usually pretty grim, but that’s particularly bad. 

I left at 20 past 4 and after watching that interview thought I had made a bit of a mistake leaving as we must have left our excellent football for the last 25 minutes. Other than a half chance at best for Paton, I saw absolutely f**k all improvement in the second half goal threat wise.

That's the biggest worry about AJ. If he truly believes the shite he spouts and that there were positives to take from today then what chance have we got of improving?