The Queen of the South thread

52 minutes ago, temps15 said:

Dan pybus on the pure championship podcast mentions queens near the end of the podcast says our pitch is terrible and has to change his style of play as at queens the manger wanted to counter attack all the time.

Can’t really argue with him about the pitch tbf.  He’s pish though.

Pybus' comments since he left Queens always make me wonder why he signed on for a second spell. He doesn't like the pitch, he didnt like the style of play and he apparently never got much of a chance here despite being a fairly regular starter, injuries apart. I'm sure we gave him a chance to get back into the Scottish game when he had a bad injury record and didn't have many other offers on the table. 

Indeed. He comes across as someone who will blame anyone or anything for him being shit but take no personal responsibility.

In his defence, our pitch is indeed rotten and AJ has a knack of failing to get the best out of players. But Pybus wasn't one of those players IMO. Some of our support thought he was actually decent which is pretty impressive given how shite he actually is.

When Dunfermline finally can him and he rocks up in League 1 or 2, it'll be interesting to see who or what he blames at Dunfermline.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Indeed. He comes across as someone who will blame anyone or anything for him being shit but take no personal responsibility.

In his defence, our pitch is indeed rotten and AJ has a knack of failing to get the best out of players. But Pybus wasn't one of those players IMO. Some of our support thought he was actually decent which is pretty impressive given how shite he actually is.

When Dunfermline finally can him and he rocks up in League 1 or 2, it'll be interesting to see who or what he blames at Dunfermline.

With a bit of luck he'll experience League 1 with Dunfermline pretty soon, next season hopefully, from a selfish point of view. 

Bit like Jordan Marshall after first spell, maybe thought someone would come in for him, didn't happen so re-signed.

Pybus' comments since he left Queens always make me wonder why he signed on for a second spell. He doesn't like the pitch, he didnt like the style of play and he apparently never got much of a chance here despite being a fairly regular starter, injuries apart. I'm sure we gave him a chance to get back into the Scottish game when he had a bad injury record and didn't have many other offers on the table. 

7 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I was clearly at a different Cove game from everyone else. Cove was nothing like our worst performance of the season and them scoring twice in the last 5 mins on breakaways to leave a flattering margin doesn't make it so. They were the better side over the two games and deserved to win but there wasn't much in it. If Roberto doesn't get himself sent off I think we win it in the first game.

The game at Palmerston was pathetic.... The team that wanted to win the game won the game.. If ther was a  time AJ had to go it was that night... 

5 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It could be £50k. Hard to say for sure. Depends how many tickets we'd managed to give to Kilmarnock and how many of those would have been adult priced, etc. Plus hospitality would have been sold out both games I imagine when it was in fact closed for both. It's really just guesswork. Both games had good streaming sales which would no doubt have been a little lower if people had been able to attend in person.

Are we not due money from the Gov. again for loss of income because of restricted crowds .

35 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not what I saw.

C'mon SD, I know you've got to put a positive spin on things but SUPERSOUTH has a point. As for the first game up at Cove we were ahead twice and couldn't hold out. Even with ten men we were ahead with seconds to play. Bad "game management"  was the problem, mostly from the players. The Cove goalie was pushed up to the halfway line at the end because we struggled to get the ball out of defence, any time we did it came right back at us. There were a few times in the dying minutes Queens players had the chance to run out of defence with the ball and take the pressure off but they panicked, elected to try clear it, not even making the halfway line and it came right back at them. Even if they'd thumped it into touch as far as they could it would have taken the pressure off a bit and we would have had a better chance of holding out but they were half hearted clearances. Obviously we were going to be under pressure with a man short but a bit more composure under pressure would have been nice to see. You were there, I watched the Stream but that's the impression I got.