The Queen of the South thread

2 minutes ago, Flash said:

Weird because it was in the player regulations when I looked at them well before that. It refers to loans being able to be done in September and February in the same sentence, although I suppose “and February” could have been added later. I was even going to ask earlier this month (after looking at it again) how loans being done in February tied in with the window generally because I couldn’t remember how it worked last season.
The latest version of the SPFL rules are dated 12 January, although the player regulations aren’t part of the rules so I suppose could have been changed after that. Maybe there was a proposal for the regulations to be changed to prevent February loans and the clubs decided not to?

Is it not just the Championship that has been added? The extra month has always been available to the bottom two divisions but Championship was only added last year. To be fair we added Cameron in September so did have the extra month at the start of the season. Logically it should have been the case in this window too. Maybe it was, but I wasnt really conscious of it and guidance was issued on monday confirming we could. Maybe it wasnt new guidance, just a reminder.

59 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:
Two weeks since the last competitive game and still no sign of a CH.... The relegation clocks ticking.... 

Calm yersel. I'm sure AJ has plans to put Folarin right in on Saturday...

Who? 

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:
Two weeks since the last competitive game and still no sign of a CH.... The relegation clocks ticking.... 

Calm yersel. I'm sure AJ has plans to put Folarin right in on Saturday...

Don't joke about such things!  Although he is described as being a striker, he began his career as a right back according to Wikipedia.

AJ's eyes must have lit up like a Christmas tree when he realised that he has signed another player that he can slot into a position which probably isn't the one that the player is best suited to.

51 minutes ago, queenslad said:

It was interesting too see the number of streams at the Kilmarnock match was more than our average crowd. I'm sure if there wasn't restrictions then the actual number of spectators both in person and virtually may have been double

Where did you see the numbers ?

16 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

They are in our match programme. It's me who puts them there though. Streams against Kilmarnock were 1,310.

Thanks.

you guys have probably suffered more than most with missing visiting Killie fans.

We like a trip down to Dumfries and would have brought a lot of fans down, but sturgeon knows best….

Just now, flood said:

Thanks.

you guys have probably suffered more than most with missing visiting Killie fans.

We like a trip down to Dumfries and would have brought a lot of fans down, but sturgeon knows best….

Yep, we've had three restricted crowd home games and two of them were Kilmarnock. We had 465 away fans the first time and none at all (officially anyway, I know about 20 or so got themselves in by using non Ayrshire addresses) the second time. Had we been allowed we're have had at least 1,500 both games. Demand for the 2nd one would likely have been higher with McInnes first game, I doubt we'd have found a way to get you more tickets though.

It's probably safe to say the timing of crowd restrictions v Kilmarnock has probably cost us £40k or so. With luck we'll get you in the Challenge Cup Final with a good crowd though.

3 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Shame we have to play Cove to reach that Final any type of performance like the last time and Queens will have no chance of making that Final. Cove most likely cost us dear again... 🤦‍♂️ 

I was clearly at a different Cove game from everyone else. Cove was nothing like our worst performance of the season and them scoring twice in the last 5 mins on breakaways to leave a flattering margin doesn't make it so. They were the better side over the two games and deserved to win but there wasn't much in it. If Roberto doesn't get himself sent off I think we win it in the first game.

9 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It's probably safe to say the timing of crowd restrictions v Kilmarnock has probably cost us £40k or so. With luck we'll get you in the Challenge Cup Final with a good crowd though.

I was talking to my boys about that last week. I wasn't far off, guessing that it must have cost our club getting towards £50K. A real shame, both financially and for the atmosphere at the games.

38 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

I was talking to my boys about that last week. I wasn't far off, guessing that it must have cost our club getting towards £50K. A real shame, both financially and for the atmosphere at the games.

It could be £50k. Hard to say for sure. Depends how many tickets we'd managed to give to Kilmarnock and how many of those would have been adult priced, etc. Plus hospitality would have been sold out both games I imagine when it was in fact closed for both. It's really just guesswork. Both games had good streaming sales which would no doubt have been a little lower if people had been able to attend in person.

53 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It could be £50k. Hard to say for sure. Depends how many tickets we'd managed to give to Kilmarnock and how many of those would have been adult priced, etc. Plus hospitality would have been sold out both games I imagine when it was in fact closed for both. It's really just guesswork. Both games had good streaming sales which would no doubt have been a little lower if people had been able to attend in person.

Out of interest, why would Killie’s crowd have been restricted to about 1,500? I get that the away section in the stand might have had lower numbers but does the away terracing not hold about 1,900 or so? What is the overall capacity at Palmerston assuming the old stand is open but there are red zones?

7 minutes ago, Flash said:

Out of interest, why would Killie’s crowd have been restricted to about 1,500? I get that the away section in the stand might have had lower numbers but does the away terracing not hold about 1,900 or so? What is the overall capacity at Palmerston assuming the old stand is open but there are red zones?

There's remedial work needed on parts of the terrace. When fully usable it has a capacity of 1,968, it's probably under half that currently and you'll see the ends of it are blocked off by Heras fencing at the moment. How much of that work could have been done in time to get more Killie fans in if necessary in January, I don't know. It was never an issue as it became clear fairly early we weren't being allowed an away crowd.

I have no idea how much capacity Palmerston actually has with Red Zones. I've not been told. Not sure anyone's ever worked it out as it's never really been an issue. We lose a section and a half from the BDS Digital Stand so that must be around 300 seats or so. The Stand Enclosure is currently out of use which has a capacity of 130. Is the terrace around the Police Box out of use also? I'm not sure if you can get to it during games and can't see it from where I sit? If it's out of use that's another 247. I think everything else is available, though there is a loss of seating from the extended tv gantry and the ones on the two 18 yard lines too. It's technically still in the capacity but not currently usable and nothing to do with Red Zones.

Dan pybus on the pure championship podcast mentions queens near the end of the podcast says our pitch is terrible and has to change his style of play as at queens the manger wanted to counter attack all the time.

Dan pybus on the pure championship podcast mentions queens near the end of the podcast says our pitch is terrible and has to change his style of play as at queens the manger wanted to counter attack all the time.
Given his style of play is running around a lot I doubt he's had to changed much.

45 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:
48 minutes ago, temps15 said:

Given his style of play is running around a lot I doubt he's had to changed much.

He was very good last week. He had a few good performances for us to be fair.

Does the running about but has won tackles and passing has been fine.