The Queen of the South thread

Required for events with more than 10,000 in attendance for fully seated stadiums and 4,000 for those with terraces. They aren’t required for Saturday. Appears the SG guidance hadn’t ever changed, but the JRG guidance has. 

@Skyline Drifter had clarified this on another thread. 

25 minutes ago, JK_Queens said:

Required for events with more than 10,000 in attendance for fully seated stadiums and 4,000 for those with terraces. They aren’t required for Saturday. Appears the SG guidance hadn’t ever changed, but the JRG guidance has. 

@Skyline Drifter had clarified this on another thread. 

Wouldn’t it be a good idea if the club confirmed something on their  official site ? 🙄

Hopefully the new signing on loan from Midlesbourgh  is as good as Jones .

Hopefully more signing before Saturday a experienced centre must be signed. Gibson must never play there again he is just not good enough in the air .

Edited by Greenacres

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It was supposed to be going up this morning. I assume it will be up shortly but I'll make enquiries.

On Dunfermline twitter that there fans need vaccine passport for entry into Palmerston wrong info but they say that comes from Queens .

Away from that we can now have 9 subs  you can use 5 

Edited by Greenacres

42 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

On Dunfermline twitter that there fans need vaccine passport for entry into Palmerston wrong info but they say that comes from Queens .

Away from that we can now have 9 subs  you can use 5 

It did come from Queens......................on Monday, as that's what the guidance said at the time. I believe there has been attempt to contact Dunfermline to get that changed but I'm away with real work at the moment so not directly involved.

The Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) has announced that cinch Championship and cinch League 1 clubs have voted to increase to five the number of substitutes allowed in league matches for the remainder of the season.

Personally, I’m not a fan of this. 

Edited by ALOREBURNE

13 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

The Scottish Professional Football League (SPFL) has announced that cinch Championship and cinch League 1 clubs have voted to increase to five the number of substitutes allowed in league matches for the remainder of the season.

Personally, I’m not a fan of this. 

I'm not a fan of this either. To think you can change almost half a team during a game is farcical. 

18 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

A quick question regarding loan deals. 

Who pays the players wages ? 

It depends on the loan agreement. The clubs can either share the players wages or the parent club can pay the wages entirely if it views the loan as a development opportunity for the loanee and doesn't need money, or the loaned club can pay the entire wage if it considers the deal really valuable.

28 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

It depends on the loan agreement. The clubs can either share the players wages or the parent club can pay the wages entirely if it views the loan as a development opportunity for the loanee and doesn't need money, or the loaned club can pay the entire wage if it considers the deal really valuable.

Is the loan window open another month .?

I really hope we don't wait we need players right now centre half must be signed

49 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Is the loan window open another month .?

I really hope we don't wait we need players right now centre half must be signed

SD posted on the 5 Subs thread, domestic loans window extended a month, cross border/other loans deadline end of Jan. 

13 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

SD posted on the 5 Subs thread, domestic loans window extended a month, cross border/other loans deadline end of Jan. 

I think the rule about loans being allowed in February has been there since the start of the season, certainly a few months anyway. It isn’t something that has just happened and it was there last season as well. It only applies to borrowing clubs in the Championship and below.

9 minutes ago, Flash said:

I think the rule about loans being allowed in February has been there since the start of the season, certainly a few months anyway. It isn’t something that has just happened and it was there last season as well. It only applies to borrowing clubs in the Championship and below.

It is something that was just confirmed on Monday. It was in place last year but as far as I am aware wasn't due to be this year.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It is something that was just confirmed on Monday. It was in place last year but as far as I am aware wasn't due to be this year.

Weird because it was in the player regulations when I looked at them well before that. It refers to loans being able to be done in September and February in the same sentence, although I suppose “and February” could have been added later. I was even going to ask earlier this month (after looking at it again) how loans being done in February tied in with the window generally because I couldn’t remember how it worked last season.
The latest version of the SPFL rules are dated 12 January, although the player regulations aren’t part of the rules so I suppose could have been changed after that. Maybe there was a proposal for the regulations to be changed to prevent February loans and the clubs decided not to?