The Queen of the South thread

42 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I have no idea how many people AJ is trying to get in (and wouldn't repeat it if I did). At the time he said it though Brynn was already gone so I think you can safely assume it either included a keeper or he doesn't intend to sign one at all.

I'm not aware of the JRG changing any guidance at all and, as far as I am aware, if we deem next Saturday's game as likely to have an attendance over 1,000 then everyone will need a vaccine passport. I note Dunfermline have said everyone going to their game v Inverness which presumably won't have a 4,000 crowd will need a vaccine passport.

They took him back because he's 4th choice and Hemming is 5th. Which is also why they let Hemming out on loan earlier in the first place.

Not true 

22 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Have you actually seen Hemming play? I’ve only seen Brynn in the flesh once at Rugby Park and he didn’t look to clever.

Ach well, that's fair enough. If you've seen him once and he "wasn't too clever" (in comfortably our worst showing of the season) then you'll obviously know better than his coaches and management at Middlesbrough. I stand corrected. Sorry for any confusion.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Ach well, that's fair enough. If you've seen him once and he "wasn't too clever" (in comfortably our worst showing of the season) then you'll obviously know better than his coaches and management at Middlesbrough. I stand corrected. Sorry for any confusion.

Think you’ll find he has no chance of any game time at Boro and they know that. Hemming is by far the best keeper in this league.

1 minute ago, Killiefan said:

Think you’ll find he has no chance of any game time at Boro and they know that. Hemming is by far the best keeper in this league.

Yes, yes, I quite appreciate that now we have the weight of evidence that you saw Brynn once and he "wasn't clever" to back up your point.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I have no idea how many people AJ is trying to get in (and wouldn't repeat it if I did). At the time he said it though Brynn was already gone so I think you can safely assume it either included a keeper or he doesn't intend to sign one at all.

I'm not aware of the JRG changing any guidance at all and, as far as I am aware, if we deem next Saturday's game as likely to have an attendance over 1,000 then everyone will need a vaccine passport. I note Dunfermline have said everyone going to their game v Inverness which presumably won't have a 4,000 crowd will need a vaccine passport.

They took him back because he's 4th choice and Hemming is 5th. Which is also why they let Hemming out on loan earlier in the first place.

Checks should only be needed at Dunfermline if the expected crowd is over 10,000.
Have the JRG said why they are forcing clubs to do checks when there is nothing in the legislation saying they have to?

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

I imagine you've spoken to the JRG the same amount I have.

I wasn’t meaning you speaking to them. I thought they might have provided a justification along with the instructions to clubs. Or somebody at another club might have asked and the JRG would then have provided an explanation to all the others to prevent them asking as well.

42 minutes ago, Flash said:

Checks should only be needed at Dunfermline if the expected crowd is over 10,000.
Have the JRG said why they are forcing clubs to do checks when there is nothing in the legislation saying they have to?

Like I've previously said , I hope Queens don’t over complicate things and make entry to Palmerston as easy as possible. We can’t afford to keep losing supporters 

Checking  everyone has a vaccine passport or entry by pre bought tickets is the last thing we need ( if it comes to that ) 

Uh huh. Boro had a spell of Covid not long ago (which I'm sure is partly why Brynn had to be recalled). There was a very real chance he would have to feature if Lumley and Daniels came down with it. Which is why they recalled the keeper they would want to feature if need be. It's really not difficult to understand.
Does anyone actually really care which one Boro rate highest?

Yeah, for selfish reasons I actually do. I follow Boro [emoji38]

Which is why I'm particularly enjoying this little Boro/QoS love-in just now.

54 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

Like I've previously said , I hope Queens don’t over complicate things and make entry to Palmerston as easy as possible. We can’t afford to keep losing supporters 

Checking  everyone has a vaccine passport or entry by pre bought tickets is the last thing we need ( if it comes to that ) 

Tbf, I don’t think it is Queens over complicating things. They have to go by the instructions from the JRG. What I don’t understand is why those instructions go further than the legislation and guidance produced by the SG. The only thing that has changed from before is that 3 jags are needed in order to be fully vaccinated and clubs have to check 50% of the attendance, with a minimum of 1,000 checks.
However, the legislation only requires checks at outdoor events where the crowd is 4,000 or above (when some are standing) or 10,000 (all seated). I am struggling to understand why the JRG are imposing additional checks on clubs by insisting on them when the crowd is above 1,000. I would have thought when they are telling clubs to do something that the SG hasn’t put in the law or guidance, they would have explained why. It seems not.

5 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

If it was anything like gaining entry to the games limited to 500 home fans it’ll be a breeze getting in. 

I couldn’t believe how lax the ground security were for those matches. A simple flash of the email match ticket and I was waived through the cordon outside the turnstile.

I remember thinking at the time how easy it would have been to forward the email onto others and there was no way of the club monitoring who actually entered the ground legitimately!!

Edited by Mustafa_sheet

On 20/01/2022 at 18:46, flood said:

You may get Cameron back if Lafferty signs for us.  He can only play for Killie or Queens this season and would be 5th choice striker behind Lafferty, Shaw, Hendry and Robinson….

Lafferty signed surely better for Cameron to play games for us rather than just sit on the bench at Killie .

Skyline saying we have nothing to worry about so hopefully there will be a few quality signing next week.

As for Covid passport etc for the Dunfermline game my Dad and probable most older folk will not bother going they don't want  all that hassle 

7 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

Lafferty signed surely better for Cameron to play games for us rather than just sit on the bench at Killie .

Skyline saying we have nothing to worry about so hopefully there will be a few quality signing next week.

As for Covid passport etc for the Dunfermline game my Dad and probable most older folk will not bother going they don't want  all that hassle 

Wouldn’t say he would even be on the bench, would currently be fourth choice striker but fifth when Robinson is fit. Makes sense to let him come back and reading a few comments online I think he will be back sooner rather than later. 

20 minutes ago, Broony88 said:

Wouldn’t say he would even be on the bench, would currently be fourth choice striker but fifth when Robinson is fit. Makes sense to let him come back and reading a few comments online I think he will be back sooner rather than later. 

Depends if Hendry recalled by St Johnstone. They have missed out on Rudden so may call him back

i reckon Cameron will be back with you…

Changes to loan rules from the summer - From July 1 this year clubs will be allowed only eight players in or out on loan. That drops to seven from 2023 and down to six the following July. It means senior teams won't be able to loan out the same number of players as they currently do