The Queen of the South thread

Maybe give Ally Roy a chance or Paton up front. I don't see why we always need to have a big man up front (ie Cameron, Junior) just so we've got someone to launch balls up to. Cameron was ok once he got the ball under control but it was usually two or three touches before he managed that and he was often robbed. 

I gather you didn’t catch the Hamilton game? Roy is a firm no from me, as is Ruben, both nowhere near championship standard

Whoever plays up front is on a hiding to nothing due to AJ's loan striker tactic.  Get us back to a 4-4-2 and we might actually see our strikers do something other than run around like headless chickens chasing lost causes.

Edit - lone striker not loan striker!

Edited by Slipmat

33 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

I gather you didn’t catch the Hamilton game? Roy is a firm no from me, as is Ruben, both nowhere near championship standard

Yes I did catch the Hamilton game. You pick one game to criticise a player who has hardly had any game time since getting over an injury. Roy wasn't the only poor player on that match either. 

From the BOD’s…..

Anyone interested ? 

Finally, we are aware that a section of the fan base feels that change is required at Board level. The Board has been actively looking at succession planning for some time and would welcome feedback from shareholders as regards credible proposals for the future running of the club.. 

Yes I did catch the Hamilton game. You pick one game to criticise a player who has hardly had any game time since getting over an injury. Roy wasn't the only poor player on that match either. 

I could pick most games he’s played in since league cup. You could also look at it, as a chance for him to grab his opportunity

2 minutes ago, MallanandFlanagan said:

Can I just please ask...does anyone know if there was any mention made regarding what type of surface will replace the current one at the end of the season?

Who’s said it’s getting replaced?!

The last BoD announcement stated the pitch passed it’s test with flying colours and there was no mention of it being replaced at the end of this season.

Interesting to read in the ICT match preview on the OS that AJ is saying "we are in the bottom two and we are all playing for our futures".

Could it be that the board is finally losing patience and have warned him that his jacket is on a shoogly peg and if he doesn't get his act together and start winning games he'll be shown the door?  🤞🤞

18 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

If our transfer business doesn't make sense, that's nothing compared to bottom of league Dunfermline loaning Arbroath a striker.

Maybe they've got someone better to bring in with that money and of course Wighton can play against Dunfermline's rivals in the relegation fight but won't play against them.

Who’s said it’s getting replaced?!
The last BoD announcement stated the pitch passed it’s test with flying colours and there was no mention of it being replaced at the end of this season.
As part of the profit for this year the club said much of this money would be required to replace the pitch and help us to remain full time.

7 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

From the BOD’s…..

Anyone interested ? 

Finally, we are aware that a section of the fan base feels that change is required at Board level. The Board has been actively looking at succession planning for some time and would welcome feedback from shareholders as regards credible proposals for the future running of the club.. 

Interesting wording. Need 250 shares and two years out from doing this full time. But need due diligence and full disclosure to understand the current business and improve with proposals. So 250 shares required.