The Queen of the South thread

Buzzing. He sounds exactly what we need.

He'll touch the ball 6 times a game.
On a good day 2 of them will be goals and he is very good at late runs into the box, but on average it doesn't make up for the game passing him by. 
Struggled in his time with us and has also been a bit of a sicknote. 

29 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Is that the best AJ can come up with a midfielder that canny get a game with Partick! Def in big trouble..... 

Glad you said that I was thinking exactly the same.

AJ says he needs 4 players well the other 3 he signs have to be better than Gordon .

49 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Is that the best AJ can come up with a midfielder that canny get a game with Partick! Def in big trouble..... 

We won't be able to sign any players who are currently playing for their teams. It can only be players who cannot get a game

28 minutes ago, queenslad said:

We won't be able to sign any players who are currently playing for their teams. It can only be players who cannot get a game

Yes obviously but someone that canny get any gametime for Partick, c'mon! A don't think attacking midfielder is a priority unless Connolly is going.. The team needs CB's.... 

I must admit I don't pay much attention to opposition players but I'll give him a chance to prove himself before judging. Sounds like it'll be about 10 minutes going by comments on here. As has already been mentioned though, we're not going to get players who get  regular game time for their own team so fringe players or those from Premiership or EFL teams (like Middlesborough) with big squads are about all we can expect. 

If that's the case I'm not too bothered. I might be in the minority but he doesn't impress me. 

Thought he was a complete donkey before he joined and my opinion of him hasn't changed.

Bit of a strange one mind you and a bit of a dick move from McInnes as well given there's no danger Cameron will be getting regular game time at Killie any time soon. Providing we were contributing then it frees up a wage at least and we might be able to get someone better in. I expect Johnston will be fizzing as it'll knacker up his "boot it up tae Cameron" approach. He might see if Chris Templeman fancies coming out of retirement for a few months.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

No thanks. Would have been happy if he stayed but can't say I was disappointed he left. A wide player who refuses to take on defenders isn't something we need.

I don't think he's much of a wide player. Done alright as a #10 or sitting off the #9 in a few games, especially KFC away.

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Thought he was a complete donkey before he joined and my opinion of him hasn't changed.

Bit of a strange one mind you and a bit of a dick move from McInnes as well given there's no danger Cameron will be getting regular game time at Killie any time soon. Providing we were contributing then it frees up a wage at least and we might be able to get someone better in. I expect Johnston will be fizzing as it'll knacker up his "boot it up tae Cameron" approach. He might see if Chris Templeman fancies coming out of retirement for a few months.

Fowler might have had input into the decision given that Cameron didn’t play against Cove which indicated it was already likely he was going back before the next round of the Cup.

19 minutes ago, Flash said:

Fowler might have had input into the decision given that Cameron didn’t play against Cove which indicated it was already likely he was going back before the next round of the Cup.

It wasn't "likely", but neither was it inconceivable so they wanted to keep their options open. It's pretty standard in loan deals. Zander Clark wasn't allowed to play in the Scottish Cup early rounds when he was here too in case St Johnstone recalled him. They didn't though and he played the later ones.

It wasn't even "likely" at 3pm last Saturday but things change unfortunately. His fate was probably sealed when Scott Robinson limped off.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It wasn't "likely", but neither was it inconceivable so they wanted to keep their options open. It's pretty standard in loan deals. Zander Clark wasn't allowed to play in the Scottish Cup early rounds when he was here too in case St Johnstone recalled him. They didn't though and he played the later ones.

It wasn't even "likely" at 3pm last Saturday but things change unfortunately. His fate was probably sealed when Scott Robinson limped off.

^ ITK at Rugby Park apparently

57 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

If that's the case I'm not too bothered. I might be in the minority but he doesn't impress me. 

He started slowly for us but I thought he was starting to hit a bit of form was excellent against Ayr .

The huge problem is can we get any better than him it will be very difficult 

Bit of a strange one mind you and a bit of a dick move from McInnes as well given there's no danger Cameron will be getting regular game time at Killie any time soon.

If he wasn't going to potentially play for us then we wouldn't have recalled him - it would be in out interest for him to stay with you and potentially score against our title rivals.