The Queen of the South thread

35 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Todd is at his most effective, on wing for me. A mckenna/mcfarlane has been badly needed for a good few seasons. A centre half is badly needed, Paul Watson is available. A striker and a winger/no.10 for more creativity.

I agree on Todd. He was excellent against Dunfermline recently on the left of midfield, and that’s also where he was most effective for us before he left for Dundee. 

Given how Watson left Dunfermline, it’s a no on him from me. 

48 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I agree on Todd. He was excellent against Dunfermline recently on the left of midfield, and that’s also where he was most effective for us before he left for Dundee. 

Given how Watson left Dunfermline, it’s a no on him from me. 

Agree Todd has been our best player in the last few weeks. The Same Todd who was never played by AJ. I think we need a solid midfield player to play with Cochrane or McGrory. Someone who can break up play and pass to the better players. A centre Half is a must AJ said McKay is out long term so I would say 2 solid defenders required. With that we could play Gibson in front of Max. Cooper seems.to.be a bit injury prone so share LB duties between himself and Debayo. Connelly has to step it up again. Junior and Roy would be better loaned out. Cameron is obviously AJ first choice with Connelly behind him. 

I don't know if we will make any signings before Saturday. If we lose I would expect some movement in manager and players.

Todd is at his most effective, on wing for me. A mckenna/mcfarlane has been badly needed for a good few seasons. A centre half is badly needed, Paul Watson is available. A striker and a winger/no.10 for even a fucking ounce of creativity.

FTFY.

Well that's the AGM announced and the last year's accounts presented. Like all accounts it's what is behind the figures that is of interest. Better than we hoped for but the future is less than bright. What is interesting is the statement in the Financial Review that the Directors are, and have been, looking at succession planning. So the door is open for all those who think they can do better to come forward with credible proposals for running the club. My only criticism of the current Board is the lack of communication with supporters but other than that they've done well keeping the club going in the most difficult trading environment in recent times.

Well that's the AGM announced and the last year's accounts presented. Like all accounts it's what is behind the figures that is of interest. Better than we hoped for but the future is less than bright. What is interesting is the statement in the Financial Review that the Directors are, and have been, looking at succession planning. So the door is open for all those who think they can do better to come forward with credible proposals for running the club. My only criticism of the current Board is the lack of communication with supporters but other than that they've done well keeping the club going in the most difficult trading environment in recent times.

I'm still amazed we're FT tbh. I'll be surprised if that doesn't change within the next 5 years. A hybrid model may well be the way to go.

Don’t think a new board is needed, but they need to open it to more than the 3 of them. I think it’s fair enough the job they’ve done in making us financially secure but the club is just getting a bit stagnant, bit of freshness needed all over.

What’s happened to the American doing social media? It’s got worse rather than better

A hybrid model is probably the way forward, Is full time football sustainable at Palmerston long term? probably not. I'm not sure if I would want someone to come along and put vast quantities of money in to the club , unlikely I know. What happens if they walk away from the club leaving the club in massive debt with administration a real possibility (quite possible at Kelty and Cove). A large bond would be required to prevent this from happening. I would rather have some form of football at Palmerston than none at all. 

I think it it's time Hewitson stepped aside and let someone come forward to steer the ship in a better direction, It might be that someone is willing to do it but not willing to work with Hewitson. One of the factors to help a business succeed is having good PR which is close to non existent at Palmerston.

He'll touch the ball 6 times a game.

On a good day 2 of them will be goals and he is very good at late runs into the box, but on average it doesn't make up for the game passing him by. 

Struggled in his time with us and has also been a bit of a sicknote.