The Queen of the South thread

So we have to either limit the crowd to 999 or undertake to check vaccine passports of at least 1,000 people attending games.

And a vaccine passport will be required for attendees. Need to see what the detail is as to whether a negative test can be used instead or if kids who aren't allowed a vaccine are exempted. Anyone know?

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

So we have to either limit the crowd to 999 or undertake to check vaccine passports of at least 1,000 people attending games.

And a vaccine passport will be required for attendees. Need to see what the detail is as to whether a negative test can be used instead or if kids who aren't allowed a vaccine are exempted. Anyone know?

Just get the gates opened.

Follow the lead of Hampden, Murrayfield and others and just wave the majority through and have one guy scan every 50th person.

38 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

6966BD84-61F3-4DF6-9B56-A5B4C1EF2BAC.png

39 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Yes, children are still permitted to attend football matches, and it seems as though the lateral flow will still be an option.

How do you actually prove a recent lateral flow? Obviously they don't stand at the turnstile doing one. This hasn't affected us before so genuinely not sure. Do they have to register it somewhere so it comes up on your passport? Or do you literally take a plastic test result out of your pocket?

8 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

How do you actually prove a recent lateral flow? Obviously they don't stand at the turnstile doing one. This hasn't affected us before so genuinely not sure. Do they have to register it somewhere so it comes up on your passport? Or do you literally take a plastic test result out of your pocket?

You register it online like it says in the LFT instructions, then they send you a text with your name, dob, date of test etc.

As long as one of the stewards is half making an effort the club has done there bit, may as well have a couple of them doing something. There always seems to be a ridiculous amount of them anyway.

3 hours ago, Slipmat said:

I know you aren't asking me, but I'll answer anyway 😁

A centre-back, a right-sided midfielder and 2 strikers who can actually hit the target would be ideal.

That said, if Cochrane is still weeks away from fitness I'd dispense with one of the above strikers for a central midfielder.

Depending how long McKay is out 2 CB, 1 CM & 1 Striker if keeping Cameron

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

At an ice hockey match I attended , people who did not have a covid passport had to show the text from NHS ,  confirming a negative result ,physical LFTs were not accepted and people without the text were refused entry , not sure football rule, needs clarification rather quickly 

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There is no 100% proof that a LFT result is genuine. You are responsible for carrying out the test properly and submitting the result. You can basically submit any result you like and that is what will show on the result text you will be sent. You don't actually need to take a test to get a text reply but  you just need a QR code or test kit number to submit a result. Just because someone has a negative result to show doesn't guarantee they actually took a test. 

57 minutes ago, Brother Grimm said:

You register it online like it says in the LFT instructions, then they send you a text with your name, dob, date of test etc.

As long as one of the stewards is half making an effort the club has done there bit, may as well have a couple of them doing something. There always seems to be a ridiculous amount of them anyway.

A steward ckecking the odd entrant with one of those hand held thermometers to the forehead would be just as effective as having to show an LFT result, that doesn't guarantee your covid free any more than an LFT test does but it would be quicker. At the end of the day it's no more than a show that you're doing something to comply with what's required. 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

At an ice hockey match I attended , people who did not have a covid passport had to show the text from NHS ,  confirming a negative result ,physical LFTs were not accepted and people without the text were refused entry , not sure football rule, needs clarification rather quickly 

I see, thanks. I take an LFT daily as required to access Red Zone at football but I've never registered it anywhere in NHS terms. I register it with the club to comply with SFA rules.

I've never actually attended anything at all outside my own clubs fixtures since Covid became "a thing" so not needed to provide anything to 3rd parties. QoS previously not caught by regulations requiring 4,000+ to have any effect. I do have a vaccine passport but haven't ever had to display it.

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I see, thanks. I take an LFT daily as required to access Red Zone at football but I've never registered it anywhere in NHS terms. I register it with the club to comply with SFA rules.

I've never actually attended anything at all outside my own clubs fixtures since Covid became "a thing" so not needed to provide anything to 3rd parties. QoS previously not caught by regulations requiring 4,000+ to have any effect. I do have a vaccine passport but haven't ever had to display it.

Yes we do same at club , I work outside football also and have to register a result everyday I work on the NHS website , fortunately don’t need LFT proof for events as passport has been updated including booster 

3 hours ago, the_palmy_pie said:

I’m quite sure Queens will over complicate this unlike the big stadiums who turn a blind eye to many a ‘requirement’……. 

I think that for clubs like Queens whose average attendance is probably bang on the 1000 mark the Scottish Government have left no room to over-complicate things any further.  It places the club in an impossible situation regarding the number of tests/passports  required unless they can miraculously predict the exact attendance in advance of the first fan arriving at the ground.

I'm truly sick to the back teeth of power drunk politicians (of all parties).  We really do need a "none of the above" option on ballot papers.

Edited by Slipmat

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

I'm truly sick to the back teeth of power drunk politicians (of all parties).  We really do need a "none of the above" option on ballot papers.

Amen, brother, amen!

In all my years of voting I've yet to see a party manifesto of any colour that I fully agreed with and which made total common sense.

Politics on a fitba forum, I know ... and apologies in advance.

Interesting. I'd largely agree but I'd have said a left sided midfielder more a priority as think Paton or Johnstone could do a role on the right.

Question marks indicate gaps for me.

Rae

Gibson Mckay ? Cooper

Johnstone Cochrane Todd ?

Connelly

?

I know you aren't asking me, but I'll answer anyway [emoji16]
A centre-back, a right-sided midfielder and 2 strikers who can actually hit the target would be ideal.
That said, if Cochrane is still weeks away from fitness I'd dispense with one of the above strikers for a central midfielder.

12 minutes ago, the_palmy_pie said:

4 wins from 20 league games. 

AJ not sacked yet ? 

If you include last season, it is 4 wins from the last 25 league games.

Interesting. I'd largely agree but I'd have said a left sided midfielder more a priority as think Paton or Johnstone could do a role on the right.

Question marks indicate gaps for me.

Rae

Gibson Mckay ? Cooper

Johnstone Cochrane Todd ?

Connelly

?

Todd is at his most effective, on wing for me. A mckenna/mcfarlane has been badly needed for a good few seasons. A centre half is badly needed, Paul Watson is available. A striker and a winger/no.10 for more creativity.