The Queen of the South thread

On 31/12/2021 at 16:09, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, I'm fairly confident they won't be isolating with Covid for 31 days to be fair. We'll not be getting a goalkeeper though. Dejan Stoyanovic, their previous 3rd choice, departed for a German club now that Sol is back to replace him.

Do not think we need another goalkeeper if need be we can always get a emergency loan .

Hopefully AJ has experience and quality signing lined up like last Jan.

11 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

197 at the game today.  That has surely got to be our lowest ever home attendance.

That’s nearly 40% of the capacity. Pretty good imo.
Seriously, there will probably be less next week.

Why didn’t people turn up?  I’d have though every club at this level would easily have 500 wanting to attend 

I never realised it was as low as that. Our last home attendance was around 900 and that was with roughly 150 away fans so it's no real surprise tbh.

A combination of folk believing the fear-mongering from the Government and the shite product on the park probably made it so bad. Though I'd add in a 3rd factor that maybe people never knew they would get a ticket. I assumed they would be gone so never even bothered looking in to getting one. Not that I could have attended anyway.

39 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

I was in Dumfries visiting a relative and would have attended the match under normal circumstances.

I would have gone as well but it would have been a late decision something you can't do just now .

On to the game it was one to forget especially for Wullie Gibson he let himself and more important Queens down cost us the game .

Had no chance with 10 men so early .

I take it we still had players out with Covid

Cameron Paton and Johnston . 

We need quality signing now really thought AJ would have something lined up even this early in  the window

Edited by Greenacres

53 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

197 at the game today.  That has surely got to be our lowest ever home attendance.

Says who? There was way more than 197 at the game. Given it's my responsibility to issue an attendance figure and I haven't calculated it yet I think we can safely say that figure's nonsense.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Says who? There was way more than 197 at the game. Given it's my responsibility to issue an attendance figure and I haven't calculated it yet I think we can safely say that figure's nonsense.

I would have thought for safety reasons this would be known as the crowd arrived.

1 hour ago, Slipmat said:

Lot more than 197 at the game today. I counted around 160 standing from where I was sat and sure there would be more than 200 sitting... 

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

20 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

That was according to the BBC match report.

It was right after the game that it said that (haven't checked back) but I would trust your figure ahead of anything the BBC say!

ETA still showing as 197 on the BBC.

Edited by Slipmat

5 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

That was according to the BBC match report.

It was right after the game that it said that (haven't checked back) but I would trust your figure ahead of anything the BBC say!

ETA still showing as 197 on the BBC.

They've just made something up then. I'll work it out shortly. It was in the low 400's.

7 minutes ago, Slipmat said:

That's what was quoted on the BBC match report.

The BBC reporter at halftime stated that the Hamilton player was "upended" for the penalty! So, I'll take their attendance figure with a pinch of salt.

18 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

The BBC reporter at halftime stated that the Hamilton player was "upended" for the penalty! So, I'll take their attendance figure with a pinch of salt.

It was Kris Doolan who knows a thing or two about ‘winning’ (cheating) for a penalty. Or like most BBC reporters, watching the game with his eyes shut.