The Queen of the South thread

I see that Kevin Rutkiewicz has resigned as manager of Stirling Albion.  I'm not suggesting that he should be replacing AJ, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up at Cappielow.  Think he did quite well with Stirling but lost a few games at the end there.  No idea if he'd cope at Championship level.

Still fondly remember Dobbie running rings round Kevin right in front of the Queens fans up in Perth during his first spell with us, poor lad was spinning like a top.  Not that that's got hee haw to do with the current subject!

27 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I see that Kevin Rutkiewicz has resigned as manager of Stirling Albion.  I'm not suggesting that he should be replacing AJ, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him turn up at Cappielow.  Think he did quite well with Stirling but lost a few games at the end there.  No idea if he'd cope at Championship level.

Still fondly remember Dobbie running rings round Kevin right in front of the Queens fans up in Perth during his first spell with us, poor lad was spinning like a top.  Not that that's got hee haw to do with the current subject!

Falkirk are also looking for a manager and Rutkiewicz is an ex-player there and well thought of by their fans I believe. His name was mentioned even before he left Stirling. It could just be coincidence of course. 

2 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

That’s a real concern. 

There has been a bit of “and the band played on” from some quarters when the subject of the board has been talked about this week. 

If this isn’t a big wake up call that the board are no longer fit for purpose I don’t know what is. 

Sticking with the current board isn’t going to end well at this rate. 

That's not good at all. I just forwarded that tweet onto my pal who's been going to games for about 30 years and he said he can't remember the club being in such a bad state.

I'd still be surprised if there was any changes at board level anytime soon.

9 minutes ago, qos_75 said:

There has been a bit of “and the band played on” from some quarters when the subject of the board has been talked about this week. 

If this isn’t a big wake up call that the board are no longer fit for purpose I don’t know what is. 

Sticking with the current board isn’t going to end well at this rate. 

Indeed. It has been said by a few, but I don’t think I’ve ever felt such a sense of apathy within the support. The product on offer is crap, and the board feel like they couldn’t give a f**k. I’m sure that’s not the case, but something needs to change at the top of the club to inject a bit of life back in to the place. At the moment an imminent relegation feels inevitable, and I’m not certain it would just be 1. 

1 hour ago, qos_75 said:

This doesn't sound great at all.

What's the background story here?

How many members of this committee are there?  What have they been unable to achieve that they'd hoped to?  'Very much at odds' makes it sound like there are big differences.  

I can’t imagine the board will give a toss that the SLO have called it a day. Don’t know what good it does either. It’s breaking the link between fans and the club unless someone else steps in. 

It shouldn't be someone elses responsibility to go between the club and the fans. The club should be keeping the fans updated without the need of a 3rd party. The BoD will give a toss in as much as we'll know even less than we usually do; something they seem happy to continue with.

Just one more group giving up with the shit show at Palmerston right now. Sad to see.

16 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

How many members of this committee are there?  What have they been unable to achieve that they'd hoped to?  'Very much at odds' makes it sound like there are big differences.  

Yep it would be good to know the answers to these questions. Doubt we will though.

Dismal times. 

40 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

It shouldn't be someone elses responsibility to go between the club and the fans. The club should be keeping the fans updated without the need of a 3rd party. The BoD will give a toss in as much as we'll know even less than we usually do; something they seem happy to continue with.

Just one more group giving up with the shit show at Palmerston right now. Sad to see.

But it is. The board tell us sweet f*** all and the SLO were meant to be a link between supporters and the club but tbh I haven’t seen much of a link between them through the SLO. They share Facebook posts from other QoS Facebook pages and that’s about it. If the SLO did take the link between fans and club serious then they’d have sorted someone else coming in to replace them. The board obviously doesn’t take them serious and that’s where the issues lie. 

31 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep it would be good to know the answers to these questions. Doubt we will though.

Dismal times. 

As someone else said the other day. We are slipping back into another Harkness age. 

50 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Looks like their following the board by telling us nothing. 

4 minutes ago, FrankReynolds said:

But it is. The board tell us sweet f*** all and the SLO were meant to be a link between supporters and the club but tbh I haven’t seen much of a link between them through the SLO. They share Facebook posts from other QoS Facebook pages and that’s about it. If the SLO did take the link between fans and club serious then they’d have sorted someone else coming in to replace them. The board obviously doesn’t take them serious and that’s where the issues lie. 

If the board don’t take the SLO seriously why would they take any successors appointed by the SLO seriously?