The Queen of the South thread

Have waited a few hours before posting . Last night was poor all round seemed to be something missing . I like manager and will always give me good memories from first time in charge but I feel it may be a time for change . 
also last night Kirk broadfoot strolled thro game a player very few of the fans wanted when he was training with us not sure how close he came to signing but certainly wish he had as would have given us the experience I think we need . 
I think we need to start with Roy and Connely up front and find a way to get. Todd cochrane into midfield 

last night was a night of no positives !

11 minutes ago, lowland star said:

Have waited a few hours before posting . Last night was poor all round seemed to be something missing . I like manager and will always give me good memories from first time in charge but I feel it may be a time for change . 
also last night Kirk broadfoot strolled thro game a player very few of the fans wanted when he was training with us not sure how close he came to signing but certainly wish he had as would have given us the experience I think we need . 
I think we need to start with Roy and Connely up front and find a way to get. Todd cochrane into midfield 

last night was a night of no positives !

Broadfoot was at Queens as a youth player apparently?

2 hours ago, Riviera711 said:

Dear Mr Chairman and fellow BoD,

It's really not going great, is it?

We’re doomed unless we change the manager .

Yours faithfully,

P&B Queens fans (who are now too despondent to feel enraged anymore)

If the BOD have any ambition they will act like Dunfermline and change the management team to remain in the Championship or else not bother and remain with AJ & SC and be relegated to League One.

1 minute ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

If the BOD have any ambition they will act like Dunfermline and change the management team to remain in the Championship or else not bother and remain with AJ & SC and be relegated to League One.

Who do we get though? Who’s available?

Just saw this on another site rangers rumours was told to look at this is a copy of a rumour going round so there is a hope this May please queens fans 

John25, my source tells me that neil mccann is in talks and likely to be become part of gio's backroom team and i take it your own reliable source has told its allan 'magic' johnston that's likely to be part of gio's backroom team🤔.

Steven Gerrard Loyal

20 Nov 2021 14:02:19
Alan is very highly regarded too, has been for a long time, good springburn boy and massive Rangers fan.

Tomthumb12

20 Nov 2021 14:26:00
No I’m told it’s Gio decision and he has been forwarded four or five names. 
My info re Johnston comes out of qos.

John25

20 Nov 2021 14:27:40
Tom, Alan is a fantastic coach, but according to some not good enough as he has not one champions league yet. 
I’m positive there are a few on here who do not have a clue about what a coach actually does.

John25

20 Nov 2021 15:57:40
I don't think anyone mentioned champions league. I'm pretty sure a few on here can't read. I think most just prefer mccann.

New guy

20 Nov 2021 16:50:53
I'm positive there are quite a few on here who are well aware of what coaches do, which is dependent on the role they are employed for. You really shouldn't underestimate those who contribute to this forum and treat them with respect.

Ferintosh

20 Nov 2021 17:46:55
That’s a laugh coming from u. I actually do know couple of ex gers players on here.

John25

5 minutes ago, lowland star said:

Just saw this on another site rangers rumours was told to look at this is a copy of a rumour going round so there is a hope this May please queens fans 

John25, my source tells me that neil mccann is in talks and likely to be become part of gio's backroom team and i take it your own reliable source has told its allan 'magic' johnston that's likely to be part of gio's backroom team🤔.

Steven Gerrard Loyal

Alan is very highly regarded too, has been for a long time, good springburn boy and massive Rangers fan.

Tomthumb12

John25

Tom, Alan is a fantastic coach, but according to some not good enough as he has not one champions league yet. 
I’m positive there are a few on here who do not have a clue about what a coach actually does.

John25

I don't think anyone mentioned champions league. I'm pretty sure a few on here can't read. I think most just prefer mccann.

New guy

I'm positive there are quite a few on here who are well aware of what coaches do, which is dependent on the role they are employed for. You really shouldn't underestimate those who contribute to this forum and treat them with respect.

Ferintosh

That’s a laugh coming from u. I actually do know couple of ex gers players on here.

John25

Take Him GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

1 hour ago, Benji said:

What managers are currently available and, realistically, who would you like to see in charge?

Steve Clarke's not busy until March 😉 - enough time to instil a bit of shape and discipline.

Seriously, I don't have any idea who could come in and do a job, but it will need to be someone who the players will respond to, so that we get an immediate lift in attitude and performance like John Hughes has achieved with Dunfermline. (Edit: And yes, the Dunfermline squad was probably an easier case to remedy.)

Edited by Riviera711
added additional comment

Stuart Kettlewell, Martin Canning, Brian Rice, Wullie Gibson with an experienced No 2. All better than what we have just now. 

Of those 4 I'd take Gibson in a heartbeat. Canning was gutter for a long time, have never rated Rice and Kettlewell had a huge budget at County and I didn't think they looked particularly great whenever I saw them under him.

I can see no upside whatsoever in us falling through the relegation trapdoor into League 1. Several PT teams have really got their act together in recent years and if you add to that the more affluent, ambitious wannabes you face a level of competition that bears no resemblance to the league that we dominated last time around. In fact any complacency allied to a weak re-building policy and we could start to slump alarmingly. Let’s be realistic our hard core support has fallen from around 1400 to 1000 in the past few seasons. Clubs like Morton have been equally as bad as we have recently but their hard core support is holding up better.Just imagine if we were in mid table League 1 or worse - you can safely assume that the 1000 would become 600/700 and then our income streams are on a par with say East Fife, Airdrie, Montrose. That is a nightmare scenario and much as our appalling win ratio in this league is hugely frustrating we must do everything possible to retain our Championship status.

2 hours ago, lowland star said:

Steven Gerrard Loyal

Tomthumb12

John25

John25

New guy

Ferintosh

John25

Now what on earth is this about eh? Would like to see Gibson as interim manager then appoint a good experienced guy who can get back to basics alongside Gibson or go for an exceptional young guy with loads of potential who plays expansive positive football to the best out of the players we have and play them in their rightful positions. Simple eh?