The Queen of the South thread

32 minutes ago, sidofthesouth said:

Ok, what about one of those daft “either or” questions for the weekend, just to see what most people would pick.

Option 1: another relegation battle next year on our crap plastic pitch
Option 2: a fight for a promotion play-off place in league 1 and a new pitch

I think my enthusiasm for watching Queens on an ongoing weekly basis might be higher under option 2. The current situation just feels like it might be driving fans away.

As pointed out, the elements wouldn't necessarily align as detailed in your scenario.

Taking it in the bald terms you present though, I'm going for option 2 as well.  The current set up is very unattractive.

I think if we go down the pitch will stay, they're not so fussy further down the ladder, and money will be tighter. If we stay up it MIGHT encourage the BOD to rethink the pitch situation. The artificial pitch idea was sold to the fans on the basis it would make us money, that's apparently not the case. 

Remember we did get a £500,000 grant from the Scottish Government less than a year ago. I wonder if any of this money was set aside for future infrastructure projects or did it all go on replacing income from having no crowds?

1 hour ago, FrankReynolds said:

Took my grandson who’s 12 to the game last night and thought it was pretty poor that if he wanted a drink (he did) that the only option was fizzy juice. He went without as he hates the stuff but how difficult is it to have diluting juice as an option? 

Least of our worries TBH. 

2 hours ago, sidofthesouth said:

Remember we did get a £500,000 grant from the Scottish Government less than a year ago. I wonder if any of this money was set aside for future infrastructure projects or did it all go on replacing income from having no crowds?

New pitch next season. 

On 31/10/2021 at 15:30, 19QOS19 said:

If nothing changes I'll be shocked if we aren't bottom of the league by Christmas. Dunfermline have been rotten and we've managed to get a massive 3 point gap between us and them. They'll overtake us in no time.

Ach well, sooner than expected but I doubt we'll move if nothing changes. 

P&B Queens fans (who are now too despondent to feel enraged anymore)

This in a nutshell. I wish I was raging but given the BoD don't appear to give a shit about the same garbage being dished up week after week it's hard to find the energy to get upset as well.

It's the exact same feeling as when we go 1 behind - ach well, that's that.

9 minutes ago, Riviera711 said:

Dear Mr Chairman and fellow BoD,

It's really not going great, is it?

We’re doomed unless we change the manager .

Yours faithfully,

P&B Queens fans (who are now too despondent to feel enraged anymore)

Queens bottom of the table tonight and next weeks Cup opponents Cove go to the top of League 1.

The omens aren’t good for next weekends trip to Aberdeenshire!!

Was about to say bottom now but been mentioned by others.  14 points between top 5 and bottom 5. Know which mini league I would rather be involved in but not much chance of that happening with the way things are on and of the pitch. Like everyone else would like to feel angry but can’t be bothered. Looks like Ole at Man Utd will beat AJ to the job Centre queue.

That's us in a mini league along with Morton, Ayr and Hamilton. In the event we lose next week, highly likely on current form, then surely the Board need to take some action before it is defo too late (if it's not already). We looked good early in the season but we get worse game on game. AJ looked pissed off in his interview last night (why should he be any different from us?) so he needs to fix it...but is he capable?

I honestly don't think a change in management would alter things that much (with the exception we wouldn't have to play Johnstone). The players seems to play as if its a training game with no passion or desire to really win the game, just going through the motions. You  can argue that its up to the management to fire them up but really the players have to take some responsibility. 

if johnstone does walk it would just be like us to get Grant in!

13 minutes ago, sneeuq said:

I honestly don't think a change in management would alter things that much (with the exception we wouldn't have to play Johnstone). The players seems to play as if its a training game with no passion or desire to really win the game, just going through the motions. You  can argue that its up to the management to fire them up but really the players have to take some responsibility. 

if johnstone does walk it would just be like us to get Grant in!

No way he will walk... But he has to GO NOW!!  The squad has got some good players just a shame they ain't playing or playing out of position.. The players confidence is dented time for new inspiration on the touchline.. Look at Pars, Norwich & Villa...

Ps Looks like Ole is going to walk from Man utd was seen waving to the fans at the end as if to say that's him done. 

10 minutes ago, jakeyman said:

Was about to say bottom now but been mentioned by others.  14 points between top 5 and bottom 5. Know which mini league I would rather be involved in but not much chance of that happening with the way things are on and of the pitch. Like everyone else would like to feel angry but can’t be bothered. Looks like Ole at Man Utd will beat AJ to the job Centre queue.

The gulf was demonstrated again today. ICT, Raith, Thistle and Arbroath have all gone to Rugby Park and won. We went there and set up like we were playing at the Etihad. And we were duly trounced. Why is there such a gap between the top 5 and us? It can’t all be down to budgets, especially as Johnston is on record as saying Arbroath’s budget is similar to ours. Even if Raith and ICT, say,  have bigger budgets than us, the difference surely can’t be as huge as the points gap.
There is incompetence at work here. Either in the type of players signed (ours seem to be particularly weak both physically and mentally). Or in team selections. Or in tactics/approach to games/ability to deal with adversity. Or all of the above. 

24 minutes ago, virginton said:

This should really be your club motto by now. 

Only the second part needs translated into Latin and put on a scroll under the badge.

We weren't actually that great early on either, and last season, we were horrendous at the start.